butterfly000

butterfly000

I want freedom
Jan 6, 2024
For example, do you worry about what happens to your friends and family after you CTB? Do you care about what they will think about you? Do you care if they are upset with your death? Does part of you not want to CTB because you would miss the people you know? Do you find it wasteful to throw away anything you have achieved? Anything else?

Personally, I don't think I care about any such things. If I don't exist anymore I wouldn't have to face any consequences of my death and I wouldn't have the ability to miss anyone or to worry about anything anyway. Perhaps I care a little bit, but I try to not let it get to me.

Reactions: Hunter2005, Neverfeltdeader and Dingusguy
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
This is a fucked world I'm just glad I'm leaving not fast enough

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Hunter2005
Dingusguy

Dingusguy

I just want to sleep...
Oct 20, 2023
Personally the biggest reason I have not CTB is because I worry about my friends, family and pets. I don't want my family to grieve over me or cause them more trouble than I already have, likewise for my friends, but the urge to CTB kept growing so I decided to get some pets too, that way there are some things in this world that cannot live without me. Which I know it isn't the greatest reason to get pets, but it gave me another reason to stay. Because I don't know who would care for them otherwise.

• Hugs
Reactions: majortom and butterfly000
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I'd be relieved if I had a reliable way to cease existing on my own terms, I only see ceasing to exist as something positive as nobody can suffer from the absence of everything. I find it comforting how everything is forgotten about in death, I'd always prefer to not exist.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and butterfly000
MeaningDork

MeaningDork

If there's a will, there's a way.
Jan 14, 2024
For example, do you worry about what happens to your friends and family after you CTB? Do you care about what they will think about you? Do you care if they are upset with your death? Does part of you not want to CTB because you would miss the people you know? Do you find it wasteful to throw away anything you have achieved? Anything else?

Personally, I don't think I care about any such things. If I don't exist anymore I wouldn't have to face any consequences of my death and I wouldn't have the ability to miss anyone or to worry about anything anyway. Perhaps I care a little bit, but I try to not let it get to me.
I only care about my death being clean so I don't cause unnecessary trauma to others. I've seen how a gruesome suicide affects people who've witnessed it.

Reactions: butterfly000
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Yes, but i've accepted that they're going to hurt no matter what. That's something out of my control. My take is that I can somehow affect the recovery process by not being present in their lives a lot. Less memories, less things to remember. So i've distanced myself entirely from them. I get a text message like once or twice a year, but that's about it. This has been going on for 15 plus years so I'm pretty confident I've done my part in the mitigation and helping with recovery.
Having said that, I've also factored in that with the increase in improvement of technology, they'll probably be bombarded with a lot of distractions anyway, so it's not something I worry about as much as before.

• Hugs
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
I would definitely wish it didn't effect anyone in a bad way, but the reality is that it will no mather how and what. Things that i would like it to not, but that is hard to control

Princess_Kitty

Princess_Kitty

Lost kitty
Jan 4, 2024
I do think about that often but, I know that eventually my family and whoever else misses me will eventually move on with their lives and forget about me. That's just how life is. This world is cruel and ugly, and I'll be happy when I'm no longer a part of it. Whatever happens to this world is up to society but, from the looks of things it's already going to hell.

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Nope

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
As selfish as it sounds I don't give a damn

Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
What's left of my family is so fragile that they'll most likely all follow in my footsteps. I'm sure my friends will cry, but they'll get over it. I just worry about what will happen to our pets. šŸ’”

• Hugs
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Nope, the ones I really cared about have already passed on, it's just me now, biding my time for when it is my time go to.

qifreys

qifreys

delusional chemistry major
Jan 14, 2024
i'm worried about one of my younger siblings being the person to find my body which is why i won't ctb at home