Votes: 27 54.0%
  • deity/higher forces

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
do you have a "me vs the world" perspective or do you only blame yourself?

i've gone from blaming everyone around me when i first started experiencing ideation to not blaming anyone or anything at all and just accepting that my sequence of fated life events is what led to this conclusion.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Painfu.Ll.suffering, sorrowful and 1 other person
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
To an extent. I think most of us are products of our parents' neuroticism. Hence the Philip Larkin poem.

Reactions: lightnings, tiger b, murmur and 1 other person
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
do you have a "me vs the world" perspective or do you only blame yourself?

i've gone from blaming everyone around me when i first started experiencing ideation to not blaming anyone or anything at all and just accepting that my sequence of fated life events is what led to this conclusion.
I blame myself. I know I could do better. I know I could be more. I'm just not driven to try.
I know and accept that part of my issues come from how I was raised and my enviroment.
I don't blame the world. I know im not owed anything. Still, its soothing to blame SOMETHING.

Reactions: bebebeep and Aim
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I personally blame myself and society both.

• Hugs
Reactions: savoytruffle, HaHaSoLame, aSilentVoice and 2 others
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
I blame the soul-less, petty, jealous creatures who created and/or hijacked this construct and made this world the hell-realm that it is.

• Yay!
Reactions: Aim, Painfu.Ll.suffering and murmur
Lycoreco

Lycoreco

Sep 21, 2023
I personally blame myself and society both.
Society is such a shithole. Life is so "special" and so "fleeting" that we should all be "treasuring" it, yet they expect us to spend 80% of our lives doing shit we dont want to do for other people. Working, each and every day in and out until you're old enough to sit there patiently and rot away in old age. No thanks.

Reactions: Archness, savoytruffle, Hollowman and 6 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I am the problem.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zora099
hereticgirl

hereticgirl

Nov 26, 2023
I blame myself. I used to try and accuse everyone else internally. To feel like I wasn't the one causing my own emotions. But I've come to realize, my mind is just not compatible with everyday things. Or people. When you reach out and all you get is the person's back as they walk away.. it gets alot harder to want to open up to anyone. I was fine with just having my boyfriend as support but he's out of state and it's killing me. I've bitten my nails so damn short and I feel like I still wanna gnaw to the bone.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
There's a lot of factors but it's mostly due to me being a fuck up.

• Hugs
Reactions: LeperGnome
A

annique

earth's rotation gets me dizzy everyday
Jul 5, 2022
i blame myself, i blame specific people and i also blame society and the world, all these three take part in this misery i am in, but i as i can only choose one option, i picked "society/world" just because i think they take the most part in it when compared to the other two

L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
I blame myself for my own downfall. I take a lot of comfort in the fact that it's my fault because then I feel somehow in control of my own small situation and not pushed to do anything I don't want.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Despite how much I sometimes want to blame others or society, at the end of the day I know there is only truly myself to blame. I'm the central cause of all my problems, including my ideation, and I'm going to be the cause of my own downfall. I've come to accept that. I'm stain on humanity and I've caused only issues for myself and others throughout my entire. I'm responsible for creating this mess and when I die things will finally be set straight.

• Hugs
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Well, I don't believe in god so not that one, but I blame all the rest of the above in different ways. Myself for being such a fucking coward that can't fix my problems (and that got myself into all my problems in the first place). My parents for bringing me into this horrible world at all. Society for not allowing me the option to easily and painlessly ctb.

Zora099

Zora099

i am just waiting till i fall asleep
Dec 3, 2023
I blame myself and a specific person. I was suicidal from a young age, but after a certain person abused me, it became way worse.

• Love
Reactions: Aim
LeperGnome

LeperGnome

Nov 14, 2023
I mostly blame myself, it's my brain and mental health issues that cause most of the misery in my life. However, society has a part in it because of creating the greed-fueled dystopia we have to live in.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
A bit of everything. Myself- I could have done more to adapt. Other people- I first became suicidal due to a (suspected) narcissist- but then- is it their 'fault' they were that way to begin with? So then- that blame starts to spread. Society/World- I don't like the way the world/society is. I don't like being part of such an exploitative system and I don't like being exploited myself. Deity/Higer forces- I'm not convinced there is a God but if there is one and they are in fact omnipotent- then that's easy- it's all entirely their fault! Unless they have some incredible master plan that makes everything make sense one day.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
What's the poem? Can you share?

This be the verse

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

Philip Larkin

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: LetMeBeSad, bebebeep, hi-okbye and 4 others
P

Peaceful Departure

Aug 14, 2023
I blamed myself until i had the opportunity to go to rehab (for mental health) when i was 24. They basically slowly brought to my attention that while i blamed myself for the downfall of my life, it was unpreventable as i was being constantly abused by my parents to an extent that would break anyone. Over time i've been able to piece more of it together and its fucking revolting how i was treated, especially compared to my step sister. I knew my mom was fucked when i was a teenager but i never thought about how it would affect me. My dad was the one who had me fooled for so long. I try to give myself a pass because my mom is the chair of the psychology dept at a university and my dad is the guy they bring in too close business deals. In other words one is educated on how to manipulate others, and the other is so good at it that he's basically a professional manipulator!

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not sure what to vote here. One could say I made the wrong decisions for my life at certain points in my life that lead me to where I am now. But was it really a higher deity / higher force that made me make the wrong decision for my personal luck / fortune in life?

Sometimes I think / thought I'm cursed but there's no scientific evidence for that.

From this point of view I don't blame anyone else for the situation I'm in rn. Only one thing is clear, in the worst case CTB is the only option to escape suffering.

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
This be the verse

And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

Philip Larkin
What a great poem! :D So true. I blame my parents and myself. My dad was physically, mentally and sexually abusive, and my mom never even once tried to leave him or protect me from him. I can't fathom why they decided to have a child. No wonder I turned out to be such a waste of skin. Good riddance, I say!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I certainly see existence itself as the problem, I was just unfortunate enough to be burdened with the ability to exist. It's a curse to exist as a conscious being trapped in this cruel and futile existence, it's a tragedy how people continue to procreate just causing unnecessary suffering and problems as a result. I don't really hate myself rather I just hate how I was forced into existence.

jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
I oddly only ever blame myself. I've never been into the whole "society made me this way" thing, even if it's true. But I guess that's just the part of me that tries to see the good in everyone. Maybe it's futile though, who knows.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I blame my parents for the extreme abuse they put me through for decades. BUT I blame myself for not being able to recover fully. I have had a pretty high functioning life for the most part. But life is precious. And mental health is real.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i wish you could choose several options here.

i mainly blame the world for the trauma it put me through, but i feel like i could definitely take some of the blame. if i tried harder and actually made an effort, i know i would be able to live.

i chose not to though, and instead i've just been planning my ctb for months if not years.

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
This be the verse