• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

peerlesscucumber

peerlesscucumber

Petting a cat might change my mind
Oct 27, 2023
I, myself, have been raised with an odd Christian backround, which I fully believe influence my view on death and suicide as a whole.

What I believe in, is that after one dies you will be sent to hell to pay for however much you've sinned, and once you've repented or you punishment has been enough, you will be reborn into a new life (how "good" or "bad" depends on how much you've repented and sinned while in hell)

It might sound kind of a crazy worldview coming from a Christian, but it keeps me calm at night to know that my punishment won't be eternal.

I'm curious to know if anyone else in here has particular beliefs or views on what comes after one dies.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and F&Inside
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Basically this:

Reactions: rosepanda, WantThisToEnd and peerlesscucumber
W

WantThisToEnd

Jul 12, 2024
I don't believe there's an afterlife. I think that's something we humans made up because we're too scared of the alternative. Same reason we made up gods who care about us.

I think when you die it's like a dreamless sleep that never ends. Non-existence.

Reactions: MentalAgony69, pthnrdnojvsc and Lostandlooking
peerlesscucumber

peerlesscucumber

Petting a cat might change my mind
Oct 27, 2023
I don't believe there's an afterlife. I think that's something we humans made up because we're too scared of the alternative. Same reason we made up gods who care about us.

I think when you die it's like a dreamless sleep that never ends. Non-existence.
Honestly, this is something I strongly agree with. I know that there's probably just nothing after one dies, you just cease to exist, but it's awfully comforting to think otherwise.
I pretty much just feel like I'm convincing myself like kids convince themselves Santa or the Easter bunny exist

• Hugs
Reactions: WantThisToEnd
R

rebelnow111

Jul 12, 2024
yeah i think theres an afterlife but alot of variation in how certain things can go after death.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I really don't and I don't want life under any circumstances, I really just wish for permanent nothingness as I don't want to suffer in this existence ever again. To cease existing and be unable to experience anything for all eternity is all I see as desirable, I personally find so much comfort in the thought of simply not existing.

Reactions: MentalAgony69
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I, myself, have been raised with an odd Christian backround, which I fully believe influence my view on death and suicide as a whole.

What I believe in, is that after one dies you will be sent to hell to pay for however much you've sinned, and once you've repented or you punishment has been enough, you will be reborn into a new life (how "good" or "bad" depends on how much you've repented and sinned while in hell)

It might sound kind of a crazy worldview coming from a Christian, but it keeps me calm at night to know that my punishment won't be eternal.

I'm curious to know if anyone else in here has particular beliefs or views on what comes after one dies.
I'm also a Christian with a minority view on the "afterlife", although I came to it by studying it myself:

I believe in anthropological physicalism, meaning that humans consist only of a body and consciousness is the result of a functioning brain (no traditional immaterial "soul"). So I don't believe a human goes to "heaven" or "hell" after they die, but simply to the grave.

BUT... I believe at the end of the world, (and Scripture is absolutely clear here), that all humans in the graves will rise again PHYSICALLY and be judged by God. The unbelieving sinners will be cast into "hell" and basically be put to death a second time, but then burned UP (meaning cease to live forever and be dead and unconscious just like the dead are currently). So it's the annihilationist/conditional immortality view of hell. Those dead who, in this life, admitted to be wretched sinners but chose to believe by faith alone in the savior Christ Jesus, will at the judgment rise again PHYSICALLY with a body that cannot experience pain, sorrow, sin or death and live forever on a new restored literal earth and universe (where there is likewise no more decay or death). So the "afterlife" is entirely physical.

For me the comfort is that no matter what, since I am saved by faith alone in Jesus, I will avoid the second death/"hell" and instead one day wake up, and have a life similarly to now, but entirely without the mental and physical suffering I have now. I'll get to enjoy nature, travel, sports, hobbies and conversing with people without pain, dread, exhaustion, trauma, depression and meaninglessness I feel now.

BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!
May 10, 2023
Oblivion

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello, I would like to believe in nothingness after death, I had enough with one life. Unfortunately and due to paranormal experiences (which I will not share in public) I am forced to believe in something else.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't believe in an afterlife. There's nothing after we're dead. Ultimately we don't know what comes after death.