Do you believe that your life will improve?

• Yes, I believe it will!

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Maybe it will, but I'm not sure.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • It probably won't, but I'm not sure.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • No, it won't.

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
BlankZeroNone

BlankZeroNone

May 6, 2023
What's your gut reaction? I'm curious if you think that you'll be able to more or less recover. Are you hopeful about your future?

Reactions: inferiorpisspot234, cgrtt.brns and Dead Meat
W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
Fuck no, it's downhill for a decade for me now and lately faster than ever.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Meat and BlankZeroNone
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
No, because my life has never been really bad on an objective level when I had suicidal ideation. If's all in my mind. So how could my mind change, if nothing I have done has ever made any long lasting difference to my state of mind? Plus I'll continue to grow older, so things will get worse as I will become less agile and sicker with age.

• Hugs
Reactions: greenabyss, Dead Meat and BlankZeroNone
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
It won't improve at all. My mind is too sick and paranoid to enjoy anything. I see this llife getting worse with aging problems, as well as society as a whole getting worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Meat and BlankZeroNone
juxtajuno

juxtajuno

bpd qweenie <3
Jan 25, 2023
it's weird, my gut reaction was to say "yes" even though i'm not entirely sure what the future holds. we can't predict our future circumstances but i think being optimistic about them is better than subjecting ourselves to hopelessness. i'm planning on getting back into college soon, so hopefully i'll be able to get a good job after that and improve my life. who knows, though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jorheslen428, cgrtt.brns, Dead Meat and 1 other person
BlankZeroNone

BlankZeroNone

May 6, 2023
it's weird, my gut reaction was to say "yes" even though i'm not entirely sure what the future holds. we can't predict our future circumstances but i think being optimistic about them is better than subjecting ourselves to hopelessness. i'm planning on getting back into college soon, so hopefully i'll be able to get a good job after that and improve my life. who knows, though.
That's the reason I wanted to ask in the first place! Strangely enough, my gut reaction is positive too, and I'm not even sure why. It's just a feeling I have (very rarely) that things can't possibly stay the same.

Thank you - and the others - for replying. I wish I could talk to all of you.

• Love
Reactions: picapica, Dead Meat and juxtajuno
A

Applenova204

May 16, 2023
I really hope that my career choices will be good ones. Working in Retail vs working in another Better Industry. I hope within the next 5 days I can be positive. Getting a job is so hard with limited work experience. I am confident, but I'm starting to lose my energy because my job searches have been mostly unsuccessful. I have been unemployed and out of education for almost 1 year. Its not fair.

I dont know what career to do. I don't like studies, so I'd rather choose to work. I have been working, but not good jobs. Maybe I should steer away from retail, then I can work in a better industry and be happier...I hope

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
BougainvilleaBlooms

BougainvilleaBlooms

Mar 7, 2023
I believe it will. I'm going into a system that helps people with autism and it's looking very hopeful. But if it doesn't workout, then this site's hanging method is my backup. If it does come to this, then I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the understanding and support.

• Hugs
violetchiwawa

violetchiwawa

ruff ruff grr
Jan 23, 2023
I don't know. A lot of bad things happen unexpectedly. It causes my family a lot of stress which makes me feel worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Dead Meat
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
It could, it couldn't. So much can change without being able to predict any of it. However, I'm certain that whatever happens, I'll ctb. I want to have that control, and I'm not meant for existing here anyways. I'll have some fun and then end it there. šŸ¤”

• Hugs
Dead Meat

Dead Meat

DOOMED
Oct 10, 2018
Not a chance in Hell, I'm basically a DEAD MAN WALKING šŸ’€

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and violetchiwawa
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
my gut reaction was maybe, because i mostly know what i need to do to have a decent life, but im incapable of doing them rn. idk if i ever will be capable. on top of that is just the way my brain is, even if i did all the things i need to do idk if id be capable of enjoying it. i put "it probably wont, but im not sure" just because im young and have time for change, but i doubt it ever will change if its up to me, bc im useless. part of me wishes i could answer just straight no so i could just end it now and not have to worry about the what if's, but i feel like thats a privileged point of view considering my circumstances. idk. interesting question, thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlankZeroNone
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
only if a medication helps me. I don't think my life will be good. It might be more bearable.

At the moment, I just feel like the mental health industry is utter bullshit and no-one admits the truth to patients about how shit it is to have mental illness and how long-standing and shit it is.

Enduring and existing is my current motto. Eugh

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost and Valky
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
it will get better. probably. then it will get worse, definitely. life always gets worse as it nears the end.

Reactions: lachrymost
G

groucho

Student
Feb 4, 2023
I'm well into middle age, if I lose my job or the economy goes tits up... Both of which I think could happen, I've got nothing left. Education is to expensive these days and I'm getting to an age where it will be practically impossible to start a new career both financially and trying to convince people to give me a chance. couple that with climate and political issues over the next 20-50years and it's not a positive picture.

Sadly all I have going for me is my job which I'm not very good at it.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, BlankZeroNone and illmissmydogthatsit
illmissmydogthatsit

illmissmydogthatsit

May 12, 2023
only if a medication helps me. I don't think my life will be good. It might be more bearable.

At the moment, I just feel like the mental health industry is utter bullshit and no-one admits the truth to patients about how shit it is to have mental illness and how long-standing and shit it is.

Enduring and existing is my current motto. Eugh
Yup. This comment resonates with me. Enduring and existing. I feel so gaslighted by the optimism of the mental health industry. I've been universally told that I will get better and that this is just temporary, and as a result, the longer this goes on, the more guilty I feel that I'm not doing better, because they make it sound like recovery should be easy.

In response to this thread, I'm hanging in there to give life enough time to potentially get better. I sure hope it will, I honestly have a hard time believing this is it for me. Sure wish I had a crystal ball sometimes.

Reactions: lachrymost
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I basically have no other choice. It either works or I have to make it work.

silence of death

silence of death

May 20, 2023
as a paranoid schizophrenic, it's very difficult for me to imagine a futur where things are better, my symptoms will get worse, my medication helps but it changes me too, and soon i will need even more meds

i don't know really, for now i'm okay, i sometimes feel like the worst is behind but i also feel like the worst is yet to come

• Hugs
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
If somehow my personality and ability to cope with indisputably awful life circumstances changes, then it's possible. Very unlikely and I certainly don't want to stick around suffering about it long enough to find out.

• Hugs