?

• Total voters
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
do you believe that we are the only life form in the universe or not? the universe is huge, and i personally tend to think that we are not alone, and suffering is not limited to one planet earth, unfortunately. theoretically, suffering can even be infinite in the scale of the universe and it means that all is in vain, we won't fix anything

Reactions: tera_forest, Homo erectus, Skathon and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
looking at it logically it would be extreamly unlikely that we are the only life in the universe but
i can't imagine us ever meeting aliens given the time it takes to travel to different planets and the time it takes for evolution to create intelligent lifeforms most civilizations i imagine just end up running out of resources and end up dying off so our chances of ever meeting aliens is so small its not even worth thinking about, it might not even be possible to travel at the speed of light which means 1000s of years spent in space to travel to the nearest earth like planet by them we would of die off and ran out of resources i think we are doomed but who knows for sure maybe AI can get us off this planet into deep space
The modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago. Civilization as we know it is only about 6,000 years old, and industrialization started in the earnest only in the 1800s., in about the year 2200 we will compleltly run out of resources on this planet
so the window for contact is very small like 1000 years the chances of evolution creating two civilizations at around the same time is really small

Reactions: tera_forest, Homo erectus, kernel_panic and 1 other person
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think the Earth is a prison. We really don't know what's outside earth. Outer space is just wall painting on the six walls drawn by artists scientists. Yes, there must be some powerful creatures who put human in prison Earth in the first place.

voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
not for one second. But the powers that be are doing a very good job of making us think so. Though social media is making this harder as, over the years, you seeing more and more UFO postings online

Reactions: Homo erectus
tera_forest

tera_forest

Mar 19, 2023
Although we have an idea, it's difficult to truly comprehend how large the universe is. Maybe there is life out there that is so far away we couldn't possibly ever interact. Or maybe something knows we exist but is choosing not to

Reactions: Homo erectus
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Would be great if some actually intelligent and kind species travelled around looking for planets like ours to destroy out of compassion.

Reactions: yive, kernel_panic and Homo erectus
DeadWallflower

DeadWallflower

Mar 20, 2023
This is a tough one. I want to believe, but, I'm not sure anymore. I question everything and come up with no substantial answer. I refuse to believe that we weren't created by something and when we die we'll return to our original form. Whatever that is, but... I'd hate to think all this suffering is for nothing. Which it could be.

Reactions: Homo erectus and deepblack
deepblack

deepblack

follow the white rabbit
Apr 9, 2023
Simply can't believe humans (or life on earth in general) would be the only form of life out there. Considering how huge the universe is it seems impossible to me we could be the only ones.
And I believe there's so much humans simply don't know. 20 or 30 years ago humans thought they knew pretty much everything about the universe. Only to discover there's Dark Matter and Dark Energy, which make up about 95% of the universe. Scientists still have no clue what both really are. So it turned out that humans only know about 5% of the universe. What's next to discover?
I think humans don't have the senses, and aren't (yet) an intelligent enough form of life, to be able to understand what's going on around us.

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Tricky question. The thing it isn't "we are alone?" (Which i think not). The real question is... How looks the others? how they evolved? they are even inteligent? I'm pretty sure that there's at least microorganisms out there, but Intelligent life is much more difficult.

Reactions: Skathon
A

Atwr

Mar 30, 2023
It is unlikely that we are the only life form in the galaxy

Reactions: Skathon