J

JealousOfTheElderly

Everything's gonna be OK
Aug 28, 2020
Do you believe magic exists? Maybe once a upon a time we had abilities but the knowledge got lost? Maybe as we rely on technology or started believing in god, we "forgot thevold ways"? maybe the infinitessimal spark still exists inside us? Or we used to live in a world where magic was as common as technology is to us in our world?
What do you think?

• Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Magic doesn't exist.

But there can be a fine line between magic and advanced technology.
I think if we teleported a person from ancient times to our time, there are some things that they might perceive as "magic".

I don't believe in magic in the classical sense.
But very advanced technology can look like magic to backward people/civilizations/etc.

When we talk about Gods, I like to think that "God"/"Gods" are simply very advanced civilizations that from our perspective can look like deities.

So I don't believe in magic at all, but I understand that very advanced technology can look like magic to backward civilizations.

From our human perspective, currently "magic" doesn't exist because we are the most advanced animals we know.

Reactions: GoatHerder
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think the human mind has some magic so does the universe but it's limited in magic

pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
Do you believe magic exists? Maybe once a upon a time we had abilities but the knowledge got lost? Maybe as we rely on technology or started believing in god, we "forgot thevold ways"? maybe the infinitessimal spark still exists inside us? Or we used to live in a world where magic was as common as technology is to us in our world?
What do you think?
No but it's definitely fun to think about