ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I'm an atheist but I was raised Buddhist, so in terms of religion that's where I naturally lean unlike someone who was maybe raised Christian.

I could see the case for reincarnation, but realistically it would be a complete memory wipe, as every trace of "you" dies in your previous life and you're essentially a whole new person in the next. It's fun to theorize who I could've been in a past life if it were real, but it was probably someone either completely mundane or flat out evil. I say evil because part of me thinks my shitty social disabilities could've been some sort of punishment for the evils that transpired in a previous life. Idk.

But then I would wonder if this were to be true, would CTBing mean I get a better next life, or a worse one because some big bearded jackass in the sky really wants me to suffer? I wouldn't be around to find out, most likely. But anything's better than being good looking but too autistic to get any privileges with it.

Reactions: irregularreconcile and Daxter_87
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
No- I really hope there isn't such a thing. The only 'reasoning' I could see there being behind it would be either that the world likes to recycle stuff. Or- some God wants us to learn and grow- but into what? What could the endgoal possibly be? Maybe there doesn't need to be an endgoal but I don't know- if all of this is intentional- seems like a lot of effort to go to for no particular purpose.

I think it's more likely there's just nothing after death. Our bodies themselves do get recycled- they rot or feed the flames of cremation. I pretty much believe our memories/ consciousness/ spirit/ lifeforce is conjured up in our brains and when they die, so do we- most likely.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I believe in reincarnation, yes, but not in a religious sense. I do not believe that we have a soul that is transferred to another body. Your individual self is gone as soon as you die.

But I believe that we're all essentially the same, since all sentient beings have consciousness (and the ability to suffer). Therefore, there's not really too much difference between me and someone else. Yes, we might have some superficial differences, but when it comes down to it, we are both animals, we have pretty much the same basic needs, etc.

And this is actually a problem and a really bad thing, as it means that my individual death won't amount to much. It won't solve too much, because the rest of the world is still going to be trapped here, in this hellhole, suffering.

irregularreconcile

irregularreconcile

i'm such a coward; these wretched things i do
Jun 15, 2023
I guess I'm technically agnostic at this time, but reincarnation is one of those things I would desperately want to believe in. You bring up a good point that CTBing could be deemed punishable, but at this point [for me] it would rather risk the gamble, if I am to believe in reincarnation.

I'm fine with being a mindless organism for my next life, just for once, maybe. I can be satisfied with being an earthworm or something.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, to me anything like that is just a fictional concept invented by humans who were unable to accept that we are destined for nothing and nowhere.
I very strongly believe that we just cease existing after this, we are completely unaware for all eternity, of course the only relief lies in permanent nothingness. It's finally freedom from the nightmare that is existence.

ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I guess I'm technically agnostic at this time, but reincarnation is one of those things I would desperately want to believe in. You bring up a good point that CTBing could be deemed punishable, but at this point [for me] it would rather risk the gamble, if I am to believe in reincarnation.

I'm fine with being a mindless organism for my next life, just for once, maybe. I can be satisfied with being an earthworm or something.

Yeah man, I wanna be free of this mental burden. I wanna be neurotypical. "Being myself" isn't worth the daily pain of social isolation everywhere you go. To where you just feel too far gone to really change. Where the first thing you think when you wake up is "Dammit, this again?".

Your only salvation being the digital world, but it's nothing compared to what NT's have.

This is why I think about CTB a lot.

• Love
Reactions: irregularreconcile
Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
I'm inclined to believe some sort of reincarnation is likely. I was thinking about antinatalism when I realized, so if my parents decided not to have me, there would just be eternal nothingness? My conciousness must have been poured into another body, most likely.

But if you ask me, I don't like it at all. I want an eternal peaceful sleep.

I

isitjustme

Jun 14, 2023
I'm an atheist but I was raised Buddhist, so in terms of religion that's where I naturally lean unlike someone who was maybe raised Christian.

I could see the case for reincarnation, but realistically it would be a complete memory wipe, as every trace of "you" dies in your previous life and you're essentially a whole new person in the next. It's fun to theorize who I could've been in a past life if it were real, but it was probably someone either completely mundane or flat out evil. I say evil because part of me thinks my shitty social disabilities could've been some sort of punishment for the evils that transpired in a previous life. Idk.

But then I would wonder if this were to be true, would CTBing mean I get a better next life, or a worse one because some big bearded jackass in the sky really wants me to suffer? I wouldn't be around to find out, most likely. But anything's better than being good looking but too autistic to get any privileges with it.
Atheist too. I see how reincarnation may hold some appeal, I for one would not mind it.

Though a complete memory wipe would, for all intents and purposes, be the same as actually dying and ceasing to exist. At least in my mind.

Reactions: ggetout33
Nights

Nights

Student
Apr 27, 2023
No, that sounds like a fairy tale with 0 evidence, i wouldn't believe in it