N

Nikki_Music

Sep 28, 2024
It feels like it was fate for me to CBT. I've been considering it since I was 13 (recently turned 23) and somehow only within the last couple weeks found the forum. As soon as I read up on SN, I knew that'd be my chosen method. I was honestly worried on how I would obtain the supplies, but I shouldn't have. It took me a couple days, but I eventually found DMC and placed my order. Considering people have said it took them weeks or months to find it, I'm surprised it took me so little time in comparison. I just so happened to be going to the grocery store with my grandmother the next day, and easily found the Dramamine. I was worried about how I would get the benzos, but turns out, by complete coincidence, I had been prescribed benzos just a couple months ago. I just needed to pick it up from the pharmacy. With all of it coming together so easily it's hard not to believe the world is telling me something here.

• Hugs
Reactions: ihateearth, sorrowful and hopelesswanderer
H

hopelesswanderer

Oct 12, 2023
I hope you find your peace whether it's in ctb or staying around. I, too, feel like the "stars have aligned" (not literally as I don't believe in astrology) and my destiny is to die by suicide. It saddens me to think that that's my entire purpose in life.

• Love
Reactions: interwebff and sorrowful
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've also wished to die for so long but anyway I wish you the best.

P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
I believe that our decisions mainly determine our fate

Reactions: divinemistress36, ihateearth, BoulderSoWhat and 2 others
asa

asa

Aug 22, 2024
I believe in fate but I also believe in free will. Although our fate was predetermined, we can still exercise our free will in making decisions.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
There is the natural fate, like the death for example. It's objectively obvious and undeniable.

But when people use the term "fate" as to say that everything is predetermined by god then I personally don't believe it because if that's the case, then god is a sadist.

Fate, in other words, means preplanned, what kind of plan is it to torture living beings to death.

All it is in my opinion is just an excuse used by hypocrites to justify their own and others' failures and actions.

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat
JustA_LittlePerson

JustA_LittlePerson

One person in a sea...
May 21, 2024
Taking everything that exists into account I can't be convinced all this could happen out of sheer chance. I don't believe in free will

nothingelse

nothingelse

Oct 4, 2024
My best friend of 11 years, who I considered my other half, ctb six years ago. I've always believed it was my fate to go with her. Since then, everything has pointed to my continuing on amounting to nothing. I understand what you're saying.

yxmux

yxmux

¥~¥
Apr 16, 2024
Depends what you mean by "fate." Fate is formally associated with fatalism, which posits that differential timelines (characterized by human behavior) may exist, but will all connect to a single effect. I consider myself to be a hard determinist, meaning that differential timelines do not exist as each event has a causal relationship with a previous one, even if seemingly chaotic in nature. I suppose you could determine your trajectory with great precision, but that would probably require some sort of super-intelligence.

I

ihateearth

Student
Apr 1, 2024
If you're in the US, you're not even old enough to rent a car yet. There's countries and cities you probably haven't traveled to yet. 23 is very young. No one should tell anyone what to do. I hope you enjoy your time here and what you decide to do.

Fate and genetics are important but decisions matter a ton. If I could go back to 23 I'd change many, but not the travel, partying, and experiences besides the sadness

Last edited:
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Well, I think all our actions are predetermined to a certain extent, but I wouldn't say I believe in fate strictly speaking.

wondering&wandering

wondering&wandering

Too often I think about the nature of thinking...
Jan 12, 2024
With all of it coming together so easily it's hard not to believe the world is telling me something here.
That's interesting to see how all of that seems to be coming together. Also, I'd say I believe to a certain extent there is fate, but sometimes I think people see a pattern and think it means something. Not sure if that helps much, but I guess I'm saying you can control pieces of your own destiny regardless of "fate" aligning. Ultimately, imo, whatever it is you choose to do won't be fate choosing, but rather you choosing.
I hope you find your peace whether it's in ctb or staying around. I, too, feel like the "stars have aligned" (not literally as I don't believe in astrology) and my destiny is to die by suicide. It saddens me to think that that's my entire purpose in life.
I hope you both find peace in whatever it is you choose to do. But imo I think we can control parts of our own destiny. I wouldn't say your entire purpose is to ctb. People could follow that same logic and say their entire purpose is to die because they ultimately will, but that's not an accurate representation of their life.

Everyone's lives are destined to end in death, but that doesn't meant that is the purpose of our lives.

Last edited: