Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
no i believe you're a machine made up of atoms and when this machine breakdown you cease to exist

Reactions: magicgranola, LifeQuitter, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
I don't have belief one way or another I think. I prefer the NDE version of things but eternal oblivion is fine because you don't suffer. Either one is better than what I'm going thru now.

Reactions: magicgranola and LifeQuitter
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't know if I believe.
I just don't rule out that option.
I think I'm closest to agnosticism.

The pros and cons are that I might find out the answer to that question soon ;).

Reactions: CantDoIt
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'll never believe in an afterlife, reincarnation, soul, computer simulation, multi verses, rebirth, other dimensions , magic etc

I'll only always believe in non-existence forever ♾️

After death is non-existence forever and I'm sure of that

Last edited:
Reactions: magicgranola, LifeQuitter, Jarni and 1 other person
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
It's apparent to me that consciousness is the result of brain activity, that brain activity depends upon life, and that life is just molecules. There is no evidence for a "soul" or any sort of afterlife.

I am as sure of that as I am of anything except my own existence.

Reactions: magicgranola, pthnrdnojvsc and CantDoIt
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think we go to another dimension of some sort

Reactions: Tac0Johnz, Kali_Yuga13, CatLvr and 2 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's apparent to me that consciousness is the result of brain activity, that brain activity depends upon life, and that life is just molecules. There is no evidence for a "soul" or any sort of afterlife.

I am as sure of that as I am of anything except my own existence.
Yeah I'm sure too. The more you read about it the more certain it is non-existence forever

After death is non-existence forever. All the books on the brain, evolution, cell biology show that

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarni and Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, never, I believe death to simply be non-existence where one cannot experience anything at all which is all I hope for of course, it's why I find comfort in death as all I wish for is to never suffer in this cruel, torturous and painful existence again. Instead I wish to be permanently unconscious where all is forgotten about for me, in my case peace could only lie in being eternally free from this existence, all I wish for is peace from all this terrible cruelty and suffering, I'd never wish to exist no matter what.

Reactions: magicgranola
ebg

ebg

Sep 30, 2024
I like to think that our energy goes somewhere, that it is transformed. Lol I wanna be reincarnated as a star, FUCK THIS FORM I want to be able to do nuclear fusion. I like to think that what is after life is not apprehensible to the human mind.

Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly, divinemistress36 and Jarni
twolegs

twolegs

twoarms
Sep 17, 2024
I don't believe in it. There's plenty of stories about people who've medically passed away then we're resuscitated and said it was just black nothingness. I think the people who said they've seen heaven or hell or anything like that either weren't 100% dead or just made it up to cope with their trauma

Reactions: magicgranola
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
No, I don't. I believe it would be something similar to that of non-existence, all the time prior to my conception or coming into existence, just oblivion, nothingness, the void.

C

ctb2soble

The people who never frown eventually breakdown
Sep 29, 2024
Yes. Interestingly enough when I didn't believe in an afterlife, I actually had hope about my future. Even though I hated my life, I wanted to try to make the most of it because this life was my one and only shot at happiness.

But once I realized that there was probably more to life than what we can currently measure through science, I stopped caring. Now I'm ready to go. I don't fear death or dying and look forward to crossing over.
Yes. Interestingly enough when I didn't believe in an afterlife, I actually had hope about my future. Even though I hated my life, I wanted to try to make the most of it because this life was my one and only shot at happiness.

But once I realized that there was probably more to life than what we can currently measure through science, I stopped caring. Now I'm ready to go. I don't fear death or dying and look forward to crossing over.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and CantDoIt
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Not anymore. I am not religious anymore.
There was nothing when I was in my mother's womb. I have no memories from that time. So even if there is some kind of afterlife, I don't think the present me and the dead me will have any connection.
But I tend to think there's just going to be nothing.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and CantDoIt
C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
no i believe you're a machine made up of atoms and when this machine breakdown you cease to exist
My thoughts are the same. Near-death experiences (because some use these anecdotes as evidence for an afterlife) to me, are just very strong and potent hallucinations. People forget how powerful hallucinations can be. A quick search should show how potent DMT experiences are, for example. Also, different descriptions for an afterlife and distinct religions are so abundant that it makes me think that the human mind has psychological difficulties in accepting an "end".

Reactions: Darkover, magicgranola and ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I don't and I sure hope there's nothing. I couldn't imagine how miserable an afterlife would be, for me at least

J

Jessectb

Nothingness is blissful
Aug 10, 2024
I don't believe in the afterlife but we are all made of atoms, and energy cannot be created nor destroyed; it merely transforms. So even though we technically "Cease to exist", we are never truly gone and are still somewhat attached to the universe since our atoms will go elsewhere.