K

Kain10th

May 7, 2020
Regardless of how they have lived their lives to where they've hit rock bottom should everyone get a 2nd chance?

• Love
Reactions: itsamadworld, terry_a_davis, Brink and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Yes I do but most people don't get a 2nd chance.

Reactions: Woodnote, itsamadworld, Myforevercharlie and 2 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah why not. You can give yourself a second chance. Or as many as you like. I would, if my body wasn't so messed up

• Hugs
Reactions: RileyTanaka and itsamadworld
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Depends on the magnitude of the first chance they blew. If they made a genuine mistake in life then yes, if they murdered a child or something hugely morally wrong then no. I think some things should never be forgiven, but most things can be as it's rare people make massive mistakes.

It gets tricky when people want 3rd and 4th chances, you have to draw the line eventually.

• Love
Reactions: itsamadworld, Myforevercharlie and Kamiotesoro
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
Yeah why not. You can give yourself a second chance. Or as many as you like. I would, if my body wasn't so messed up
I agree to some extent, if the only person you've hurt is yourself by making the wrong choices you deserve as many chances as you want to have. Learning to forgive yourself for mistakes that have only affected your life is important. Although obviously not every case is clear cut as to who has been hurt by your actions.

Reactions: itsamadworld, Kamiotesoro and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
There are no second chances. Not really. Not for me anyway. It's done and there's no coming back from it

• Hugs
Reactions: Yomyom, itsamadworld and Skathon
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
There's very few kinds of people that I believe shouldn't get a second chance. Other than that, I love the idea of people getting a second chance even if it's not always likely

Reactions: JustAnotherNumber and itsamadworld
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I believe people should be disciplined if they've done harm and then get another chance no matter what the crime, assuming what they've done does not warrant a life sentence or the death penalty (I'd reserve that for child and mass murderers). Idk if i'd feel the same if they'd murdered a family member for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsamadworld
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Absolutely not. Unless it affects only the individual himself, of course, then he is the only one who is able to apply such a concept and determine its outcome.

Reactions: itsamadworld
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
good question Should people be given a second chance? Not sure people should even be given a first chance. But i chose to be child free, so i thought on these things a lot. But for the people that currently exist, yes, we should be given second chances. However, because human nature is so flawed, and all us sheeple fall on some range of crazy....there are just going to be those exceptionally crazy people, who cannot be given a second chance. And then there are those that will try to abuse, and take many chances...My final answer, better not to take the first chance, but i know, the milk cannot be unspilled..well, maybe i can clean it up soon if i can get over the SI.....

Last edited:
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
the word '"deserve" has lost its meaning to me..
but yes 2nd 3d 4th 5th .....
there are some that just take\give themselves endless chances..
there are some that seek the validation of being deserving of another chance..
but there are those that obv dont give themselves another chance and are done,
and cant bear the potential pain that another chance to others or themselves will bring..
i was a v strong believer in endless chances (wich goes against my trust triggers nature) till i just burnt out..

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm possibly going to piss off a lot of people with this.
I believe that everybody deserves a second chance, regardless of everything.
The problem, though, is that I'm heavily doubtful the option of having a second chance exists in the first place.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
It's hard to generalize. My knee-jerk reaction is to say, yes, of course. But when I think about it, I know some people don't deserve second chances because of the magnitude of their first offense. Furthermore, and this is quite sad, sometimes, even if you want to give someone a second chance, they hurt you so badly that it is practically impossible to trust them again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I guess it depends if you believe in forgiveness and to what extent. Also, how you define 'deserves' Do people deserve to suffer and die slowly? Is justice somehow meted out on a fair basis?
It's such a personal question...I'd always hope to offer anyone a second chance...until I couldn't, because I couldn't forgive them.
I'd hope that I would always forgive, but I'm not that noble and there would be a point where I couldn't. Forgiveness is not a choice for me, it's a feeling. And I've no idea how I'd feel about something until it happens.

J

JustAnotherNumber

May 14, 2020
2nd chances are earned. If you are just a shitty human who only contributed negatively then no.

I'd say more people blow their second chance then make good use of it. But when they do make good, its usual great. Very hard choice to make.

Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Yes but rest of the world don't ... That's why we are here :aw: :ahhha:

RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
What a tricky question. I support rehabilitation programs for people struggling with addiction issues, previous convictions, etc. But at the same time, I don't think people change easily, if ever... it takes discipline, courage, and the right tools for people to rectify the problems that led to rock bottom in the first place. Generally, most people aren't able to achieve that - but a few do. So for the occurrence of those few, I'd say yes I support all people getting second chances. As long as they're not a danger to the general public in some way, why not?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed