death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I sometimes image google about ppl who suicide and read. I also check suicidebereavement and lastimages on reddit. I also watch suicide. I try to use them as inspiration. I know many ppl attempt but few suicide. But why I can't I be among those few ones? Children age 6 even successfully suicide. They were the brave ones and I want to join them. I hope this week is really my last.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764, Deleted member 4993, AMG44 and 9 others
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
An effective method is helpful. Overdosing rarely works, for example. Children aren't a good example because they don't have the same amount of foresight as adults so are less likely to be aware of the consequences.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 1 other person
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Usually when I read about people who suicide, I often ask "how" did they do it. It takes an incredible amount of will power and determination to go through with it. I feel a lot of it has to do with people not over thinking things and just doing it.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Zyntkalla, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I think that when it comes down to it, the people who succeed at ctb just do it without over-analyzing or overthinking

Reactions: Zyntkalla, Deleted member 4993, AMG44 and 6 others
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I sometimes image google about ppl who suicide and read. I also check suicidebereavement and lastimages on reddit. I also watch suicide. I try to use them as inspiration. I know many ppl attempt but few suicide. But why I can't I be among those few ones? Children age 6 even successfully suicide. They were the brave ones and I want to join them. I hope this week is really my last.
My concern when people speak like this is that despite the tremendous pain they feel there is something holding them back from committing to this act. I don't think that should be ignored. I definitely am not of the opinion that people who CTB are cowardly, but I also think the brave decision can be pushing yourself to try at life again especially when there is a wall preventing you from embracing death. Again, not here to judge or tell you what to do. Just here to offer a different perspective. Suicide is something is decision that I can understand, but at the same time we need to be careful when we call a child as young as six brave for making such a decision. In a case like that it is not bravery, that child was unsafe and scared and things like that should be prevented. Forums like this can be helpful because they allow people a place to be honest about what is on their heart, but I think we should also try to keep as clear of a perspective as possible and realize that some people need help and not death. Whatever happens I hope you find peace

Last edited:
Reactions: demuic, AMG44, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
My concern when people speak like this is that despite the tremendous pain they feel there is something holding them back from committing to this act. I don't think that should be ignored. I definitely am not of the opinion that people who CTB are cowardly, but I also think sometimes the brave decision can be pushing yourself to try at life again when there is a wall preventing you from embracing death. Again, not here to judge or tell you what to do. Just here to offer a different perspective. Whatever happens I hope you find peace

I agree. I'm pro-choice, but I do think that when people constantly waver and doubt and fear going through with suicide to the point where it immobilizes them, then it's likely something within them telling them that they're not ready. A bit of anxiety is normal, but if you're so scared that you're unable to do it, please don't because you're probably not ready. Suicide is forever, and you should be 100% certain before you take the plunge

• Love
Reactions: demuic, AMG44, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I agree. I'm pro-choice, but I do think that when people constantly waver and doubt and fear going through with suicide to the point where it immobilizes them, then it's likely something within them telling them that they're not ready. A bit of anxiety is normal, but if you're so scared that you're unable to do it, please don't because you're probably not ready. Suicide is forever, and you should be 100% certain before you take the plunge
I'm in the same boat as you and tidalwaves. I think that someone really needs to have a full understanding of themselves and their situation before they can go. That's part of why I haven't ctb'd yet. It's only a matter of time, I think, but there are still some things I want to try and tackle before I go. I want to be sure that this is the decision I need to make.

Reactions: muffin222, demuic, AMG44 and 4 others
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020

I agree with this. Also a lot people think of what would happen if they fail. The ones who are successful are not thinking about failure, they are thinking about succeeding at all cost and they make it happen. It is a mindset that determines if you are truly ready to go.

Reactions: muffin222, AMG44, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
Nephthys22

Nephthys22

Aug 16, 2020
All the friggin time. Youngins be CTB and I wonder why I don't have the gumption, yet I dont want to be here. I did read an article recently that stated that one of the key components of a successful CBT being carried out is that the person feels a sense of being a burden to the world and those around them and honestly, I dont have that. Its not my main reason for wanting to CTB. I don't know what I am so afraid of. The article also stated that most individuals who successfully CBT also have a very high tolerance for pain and suffering, seems a bit like a contradiction to me though.

Reactions: AMG44, Deleted member 4993, death137 and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
most individuals who successfully CBT also have a very high tolerance for pain and suffering, seems a bit like a contradiction to me though.
That makes sense. I marvel at the courage of people who do this. It doesn't mean I don't want to, just that I'm a coward about pain and physical discomfort.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, death137 and Stick
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
My concern when people speak like this is that despite the tremendous pain they feel there is something holding them back from committing to this act. I don't think that should be ignored. I definitely am not of the opinion that people who CTB are cowardly, but I also think the brave decision can be pushing yourself to try at life again especially when there is a wall preventing you from embracing death. Again, not here to judge or tell you what to do. Just here to offer a different perspective. Suicide is something is decision that I can understand, but at the same time we need to be careful when we call a child as young as six brave for making such a decision. In a case like that it is not bravery, that child was unsafe and scared and things like that should be prevented. Forums like this can be helpful because they allow people a place to be honest about what is on their heart, but I think we should also try to keep as clear of a perspective as possible and realize that some people need help and not death. Whatever happens I hope you find peace
Thank you. You are right something is holding me. I know I have no chance to solve my problem but there are few things I enjoy while living a miserable life. I usually tries to be rational when analyzing my problem and suicide in general and came to conclusion before that its those few interest holding me. 3 years ago I had almost no interest and that when I attempted serious attempts. SI is a great obstacle but can be beaten if you are impulsive or really ready.

• Hugs
Reactions: tidalwxves, Stick and Deleted member 4993
T

tidalwxves

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I'm in the same boat as you and tidalwaves. I think that someone really needs to have a full understanding of themselves and their situation before they can go. That's part of why I haven't ctb'd yet. It's only a matter of time, I think, but there are still some things I want to try and tackle before I go. I want to be sure that this is the decision I need to make.
It's
Thank you. You are right something is holding me. I know I have no chance to solve my problem but there are few things I enjoy while living a miserable life. I usually tries to be rational when analyzing my problem and suicide in general and came to conclusion before that its those few interest holding me. 3 years ago I had almost no interest and that when I attempted serious attempts. SI is a great obstacle but can be beaten if you are impulsive or really ready.
I hope investing yourself in those interests eases that pain, good luck!

Reactions: Stick and death137
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It's not the act itself that causes me dread. It's realizing how much of my life that I had completely wasted and now I'm left with little alternative. I feel like if I were living instead of merely existing (in a lot of pain) in the past until CTB, it would make going through with it a lot easier and more palatable. Especially when taking into account certain existential fears...

Before I had never any intention of suicide at such a young age.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137