N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I sometimes talk with my parents about politics. My dad is too far gone in my opinion. Some days ago I talked with him in public about politics and I felt a little bit ashamed about it. It was in a restaurant with many foreigners. And my dad....yes how can I say that politely...he is just not that politically correct and quite stupid. We talked for example about the country Niger. And he did not know how to pronunce it...he pronunced it the wrong way and everyone arround us heard it.

I think one guy became quite angry I think. This is only speculation but I think he starred at us and wanted that we go. (Understandable.)

He also spread a little bit of Russian war propaganda. He said the Ukraine could also be blamed for the war and casualties because they just don't surrender. My dad talks so much bullshit.

I have to admit I don't always call him out for his bullshit. It is just too much. I had myriads of discussions where I analyzed his thinking fallacies. He is just too stupid and ignorant.

My parents are so fucking stupid. They abused both of their children and ruined my life.

Do you talk with your family about politics? Is it war time for you?

Reactions: natali4 and WrongPlaceWrongTime
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I just like to trick my mom into agreeing with Trump stuff since it pisses her off

• Yay!
Reactions: artificial_ineptness
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Occasionally. But I always remember it's an effort in futility.

Sometimes no matter how much evidence you show someone, they will refuse to see truth.

Reactions: natali4
Catloaf

Catloaf

disabled • slowly withering away 🍂
Aug 14, 2021
Sometimes. It doesn't usually end well. I wonder why I keep getting involved in this.

Reactions: natali4
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
I've learned that it's best to avoid it. Because it gives me a headache trying to argue and show them the truth. It's not worth it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I actually kind of agree with my family on most political things which is probably a bad thing seeing as it's the opposite of what most Californians might be associated with.

Reactions: Fragile
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
My husband doesn't hate anyone, politicians included, which secretly pisses me off. :))

• Yay!
Reactions: Fragile
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
My husband doesn't hate anyone, politicians included, which secretly pisses me off. :))
Hatred is like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt the other person. It's why I hate everyone lololol

Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Hatred is like drinking poison and expecting it to hurt the other person. It's why I hate everyone lololol

:)) A little hatred is healthy, being a saint is abnormal. Everything in moderation.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
:)) A little hatred is healthy, being a saint is abnormal. Everything in moderation.
I'm saintlike sometimes but i notice people act suspicious when I do. God forbid anyone act decently.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I'm saintlike sometimes but i notice people act suspicious when I do. God forbid anyone act decently.

I don't believe that sainthood/enlightenment is attainable. You can sort of achieve it only if you can afford to isolate yourself from everyone, but how are you a good person if you just pray or meditate all day & don't do anything for anyone else? That's a pretty selfish lifestyle in my book. Stories about Jesus & the Buddha being perfect(ly good & just) are for little kids. Nobody who lives in the real world & is forced to deal with all kinds of other human beings can ever achieve perfection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile and Weebster
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Nope, I barely talk with them.

Reactions: artificial_ineptness
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021