struggles_inc

struggles_inc

🤡🤡🤡
Jun 24, 2023
I get 2-3 hours of sleep a day and I literally cant make myself sleep anymore. I toss and turn and get nothing.
And even when I sleep, I wake up like every freaking hour.
I seem to get nosebleeds. Today I almost overslept exams at uni and I got so stressed out I thought I would finally faint and get some rest, but no.
For some reason I only sleep when my brain just completely collapses of exhaustion.

Do you get this too? I know depression and sleep issues are connected but it has never been that bad for me.
Forgot to mention insane headaches, memory loss and overwhelming anger for no reason whatsoever. I feel like my brain is melting. I dont know what to do, I just cant calm down and anxious thoughts are in my head 24/7.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: katyusha_kat, 54378, Daryl72 and 8 others
thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Student
Apr 2, 2024
yep. severe insomnia. now it's calm though... but still... I'm super weak because if I have only TWO days with poor sleep (5hs) then I react like you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Lostandlooking and struggles_inc
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Yes. For over 15 years now.

I want to say you get used to it...but not really

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: katyusha_kat, Metalhead, Praestat_Mori and 5 others
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
For me it's the otherway around. I sleep for 14-18 hours a day and still when I wake up the only thing I think about is to go to my bed and sleep for some more hours.

Previous friday I was awake for only 3 hours and it's not that rare for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, F@#$, DeIetedUser4739 and 1 other person
N

neversleep

Jun 14, 2024
I almost lost the ability to sleep - that is the primary reason i am here.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and Praestat_Mori
alltoomuch2

alltoomuch2

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Yes. I get to sleep ok but then wake every hour and have to give up around 2-3am. I"ve just started the Sleepio app so i"m hoping it will help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024
Not really, I just hate waking up to the dreadful feeling of being alive in this world.

Reactions: Metalhead
N3UR0T1C

N3UR0T1C

Jul 13, 2019
No, I actually sleep pretty well. Feels like basically every other user here has insomnia though, guess I'm the odd one out.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I keep waking up really, going back to sleep for a few hours, and then waking up again. It's been a pattern of 3, 5, and 8 am. I guess I never got over jetlag…I'm so tired and I never sleep well

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosWandering and ijustwishtodie
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I went through that during stressful exam time.
Relaxing is not so easy these days but is required. Are you done with exams?

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
How many times zones are there between your bedroom, kitchen and bathroom?
Lol what? I got back from Europe earlier this month and I don't think I ever recovered from jetlag

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
lamargue

lamargue

pugilist
Jun 5, 2024
i live a nocturnal life. i rarely sleep, and when i do it is mid-day. i usually wake up when everyone else is just going to bed.

Reactions: thebelljarrr and Metalhead
T

TheLastBoyOnEarth

Jun 7, 2024
Yeah, I do, because of my chronic pain condition, my muscles get very tense and everything hurts making it hard for me to sleep.

Cress

Cress

Student
Oct 15, 2023
Yeah I do it's terrible I either sleep too much or not enough. I started taking decently large amounts of tramadol I can't say it's helped very much.

Reactions: Daryl72
Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
More often than not I require a sleeping tablet but my doctor won't prescribe anymore than 7 at a time.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
Yes! Especially in summer, because I live so high up in latitude that it gets dark at 11pm first and light at 3am already. The birds start singing and when I hear them my mind gives up trying to sleep. I've finally had it and bought some real sleeping pills from the street since my doctors refuse to prescribe anymore.

Reactions: Metalhead
S

SoDone

Jun 17, 2024
I have the opposite problem, I sleep just fine but then feel sleepy the whole day and have trouble staying awake. Have you tried sleeping meds (consult with a doctor ofc)? Getting no sleep will really mess you up long term specially in university.

yellowjester

yellowjester

I'm only sleeping
Jun 2, 2024
I can sleep for 8 hours, but never feel replentished after waking up. Dreaming saps all the energy from my brain and I always need some time to recover.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
For me it's the otherway around. I sleep for 14-18 hours a day and still when I wake up the only thing I think about is to go to my bed and sleep for some more hours.

Previous friday I was awake for only 3 hours and it's not that rare for me.
I'm like that too,unless I have shit to do the next day. Then I can't sleep for shit.

F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello.
I remember in my childhood when my parents would send me to bed and I couldn't get to sleep for hours.
The insomnia is exasperating, especially when you are forced to sleep for whatever reason like to go to work/study the next day.
I have tried many medications during all this time and I always end up stopping them, you are not supposed to take them all the time you know, so back to insomnia.

For example I was taking Lormetazepam for a long time and it helped me a lot, but I progressively became more tolerant to it and it was no longer as effective, so I either increased the dosage or stopped taking it, and I stopped.

Reactions: Metalhead and Daryl72
D

Daryl72

Student
Mar 12, 2024
I get 2-3 hours of sleep a day and I literally cant make myself sleep anymore. I toss and turn and get nothing.
And even when I sleep, I wake up like every freaking hour.
I seem to get nosebleeds. Today I almost overslept exams at uni and I got so stressed out I thought I would finally faint and get some rest, but no.
For some reason I only sleep when my brain just completely collapses of exhaustion.

Do you get this too? I know depression and sleep issues are connected but it has never been that bad for me.
Forgot to mention insane headaches, memory loss and overwhelming anger for no reason whatsoever. I feel like my brain is melting. I dont know what to do, I just cant calm down and anxious thoughts are in my head 24/7.
Yes most of the time. Severe depression has insomnia like effects in my mind and body. It's truly awful how days and days with inky a few hours at best.

sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
I have been suffering from sleep deprivation for a while. There usually are causes for me: stress, lack of food, and just natural habit. I don't/can't sleep for long hours in general, but when I get stressed, I don't eat much and that combination definitely doesn't help with my sleeping situation.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What's jetlag?
That happens when you travel many time zones ahead of you or backwards too fast and your natural sleeping schedule is fucked up. It takes time to adjust.

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
Magnesium is great for sleep. I use an inexpensive high absorption magnesium lysinate glycinate 100% chelated. An addition to help calm racing thoughts while trying to fall asleep, valerian root works great.

N

Not a Cylon

Jun 27, 2024
Sleep is so hard for me to achieve. I fixate on the past, worry about the future and mourn everything I've lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and lizzywizzy09
C

Cruelhearted

Feb 12, 2024
Sleep is so hard for me to achieve. I fixate on the past, worry about the future and mourn everything I've lost.
Silence is one of the worst enemies. Exactly what happens to me, I'm tired, I want to sleep, I shut everything off. Close my eyes and my brain never shuts the the fuck up. Just when I think I can finally sleep, my brain will find something coming up to worry about or something from the past to agonize about, it sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Not a Cylon