L

LacunaLacrimalis

And miles to go before I sleep
Apr 12, 2022
So far, when I'm on this site I don't use a VPN, just Incognito browsing. But is it better to use a VPN, and is that what y'all do? Sorry, I'm not really a techy person, so haven't really considered it.

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I don't think accessing this site is criminal. I would still use VPN because internet service provider can see what you're looking at without it. If you're worried about other people in your family, incognito mode won't leave any trace. I use VPN because I also work on my laptop but I have accessed this site many times and forgot to turn VPN on, so I don't worry about it from that aspect.

Reactions: LacunaLacrimalis
RN12

RN12

Student
Jul 25, 2021
yeah NordVPN, i think i paid $75 for 2 year membership or so
If you want NordVPN, first look for promo code online. There are always Promo codes out there

It works nice.

Reactions: LacunaLacrimalis and NearlyIrrelevantCake
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
A vpn is a wise idea because (regardless of you isp seeing and logging your activities) people can find your ip fron your presence on the forum. It essential tell anyone interested where you live and if you claim to have an illegal substance (particular one that can kill you) you could potentially receive a knock at the door. Truth is that's unlikely because people say things that aren't true all day every day online however it doesn't stop someone with a bit of tech know how doing something much worse. Stalkers are real. Not meaning to scare you. It's another unlikely event but it does happen and I figure why leave it to chance. That info can be used if various other ways to verious ends. May as well tighten up the ship and take chance out of the equation. : )

• Informative
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I used it normally the first time I came here, but, after seeing some worrying cases and seeing SS getting in the eyes of the media, I only access it using tor browser from now on

pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
I don't have a choice really. I have to use a VPN or I cannot access this forum.

Governments go to great lengths to block a site such as this one even in a country where freedom of expression is generally respected. This forum is not named in the following report, but I'm pretty sure it's this site, unless there are other similar ones which have been blocked as well

• Wow
Reactions: LacunaLacrimalis and Red Scare
E

existcrisisactor

Apr 10, 2022
So far, when I'm on this site I don't use a VPN, just Incognito browsing. But is it better to use a VPN, and is that what y'all do? Sorry, I'm not really a techy person, so haven't really considered it.
i wouldn't bother unless its illegal in your country or you're paranoid your ISP can't see what you're doing with https which 99% of the web uses they can only see the domain i could be wrong tho correct me if i am

Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
As was already said, vpns are pointless unless you're evading particular governmental restrictions with respect to site blocking or whatnot. No one's coming to knock on my door because I've been on a web site. You're waaaay more likely to get into issues because you've been sloppy on social media.

Short answer—no…

Reactions: LacunaLacrimalis and Ringo
Littlepaws

Littlepaws

Sep 4, 2021
It's not exactly illegal in my country to access such websites, so no.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
I use a vpn to access any website, its just a default. I always have it on.

S

Siterfau

Mar 7, 2022
No. Government doesn't block it where I am.