JustcallmeChris

JustcallmeChris

Sep 16, 2018
Do y'all ever wish there was more to life? Sometimes I lay in bed wishing I was some comic book character, a hero, anything other than normal. I've always been a pretty big nerd but being a superhero or having some fantastical adventure always seemed like the best outcome in life. If I could just be something bigger than myself, something greater i feel like I wouldn't want to be on this website or in this community because i'd be happy to be doing something amazing.

Do you guys ever wish you could be something greater, do you wish there was something more to life than just living and working?

(This is my first time making a thread so sorry if it isn't exactly the best)

• Love
Reactions: ncmxm, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Iwant2sleepforever and 5 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Of course. I also hope that there is no extraterrestrial life. Our own planet tortures enough sentient beings. We don't need the same shit happening on another rock.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, wxtyubidi7y, Singing In The Rain and 3 others
JustcallmeChris

JustcallmeChris

Sep 16, 2018
Of course. I also hope that there is no extraterrestrial life. Our own planet tortures enough sentient beings. We don't need the same shit happening on another rock.
Maybe their rock is better than ours and understands mental illnesses

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Maybe their rock is better than ours and understands mental illnesses
Maybe. But i seriously doubt that rock won't be ruled by predatory species anyhow. Sure they will have diseases and suffer.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I used to wish for things like this. But even superheroes probably have shitty lives. No, I just a quick exit.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Singing In The Rain, Virgo and 2 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
That's what's keeping me alive is the sheer false hope that there's something I haven't experienced yet. I feel stupid for falling in love but it's one of the few things keeping me here. Maybe it's my biology, maybe it's just that I'm lonely, or maybe it's a combination of everything. It's pathetic and pointless but I can't help it.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Failed and 5 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Thats what delusions of grandeur are for, its the evil aliens comic book. For once i would like to be convinced im a newspaper delivery guy from Rhoad island. But no its always jesus,god ect. Same old tired excuses for alien entertainment.

Our own entertainment is the same there hasent been an original idea on tv in decades, same old rehashed programs.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pineapplecrown, Schopenhauer and 1 other person
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
They told me I could be anything in the world. Society told me over time I'm worthless and a piece of shit.

Reactions: one.way.out, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lizzie S. and 4 others
V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
I could care less, I'd rather just cease to exist. Yes it would be nice, but ultimately I can't imagine such a fantasy.

Reactions: Schopenhauer
Morbid Cam

Morbid Cam

Oct 28, 2018
YES YES a thousand times yes! Every single day! I wish I were a character from an anime or a comic or something all the time.I would love to have special abilities and stuff instead of just being another normal powerless human for the universe to chew up and spit out. I wish we actually mattered to the universe somehow instead of it being cold and uncaring, I just wish life was so much better than it is because this is hell. There is so much more I want to say about this but I cant seem to type it all out right now but just know that I feel the same way you do

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Maravillosa
Singing In The Rain

Singing In The Rain

Student
Oct 29, 2018
I used to wish for things like this. But even superheroes probably have shitty lives. No, I just a quick exit.

Haha I don't know why but that really made me laugh. Thanks i needed a laugh

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Schopenhauer
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Singing In The Rain
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I wish there was less, i.e. nothing.

Reactions: Circles and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Rose

Rose

ad finitum
Nov 11, 2018
I just wish humanity & the world weren't such horrible things.
I'm tired of all the pain and suffering, in myself & in others. I'm tired of watching innocent people suffer because the world punishes the kind & naive. I'm tired of knowing that the ones I'm aware of are just an incredibly small fraction of such cases. It's too many, it's too much. I hate it.
Even as a super hero, or someone immensely powerful, I couldn't fix all of this.
Nothingness would be better.

(and it's a pretty interesting thread dw!)

Reactions: Morbid Cam, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lizzie S. and 2 others
Lizzie S.

Lizzie S.

Experienced
Sep 2, 2018
I don't really wish for anything 'more' just wish things were better. I think there life is infinite and infinity is within us at our best. However, all of the b.s. and suffering in life makes it inaccessible and you don't get to experience all of the wonder, beauty, and love that life has to offer. That being said, I would love to have magical powers and be able to fly and talk to animals but ultimately I would far prefer things to be better rather than the extra stuff.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and Rose
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
No, even days in my childhood I always had an underlying fear of life, that was never identified because I never got lucky with doctors early on. So kept everything to myself. Likely a malfunction that went untreated.
As an innocent kid I never felt worry less going to the beach.
Society causes so much pain for all parties who have issues It's sick.

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Our wishes are like little children - the more you indulge them, the more they want from you.
(Chinese proverb)

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Yep but as I age to the other side of the hill I've lived long enough to know there isn't more for me, this is it. Maybe in younger days it kept me putting one foot in front of the other but not now. Couple that with seeing what comes around again and again just reminds me nothing changes and the bs never stops. Never wanted any super powers but more than the hamster wheel.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think for me, I would rather just not exist. Life just doesn't appeal to me in any way. I wish for death rather than wishing for an more interesting or fulfilling life. I am not capable of enjoying anything and from experience if there is anything positive happening it is soon taken away and I just feel worse than before.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Brick In The Wall
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Nothing is best, but this world would be a little more interesting with magic.