LeGuitarist

LeGuitarist

Eternally Lost
Mar 19, 2021
You know, I've always been told that it's just me. Just me who thinks that people only love the person they think I am, the person I pretend I am. He always says that he loves ME, and he doesn't care about my depression or suicidal history or whatnot. He says he loves me, he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, he wants to be together. But the thing is, does he really love me? Or does he love who he think I am? My boyfriend and I met online, we still haven't met in person because of quarantine and whatnot. And in the 7 months we've been dating, we've already decided that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. At least, he does. I mean, I do too, but what would he think once we meet in person? Talk more on calls? (We mostly text right now, only called three times). I feel like... I've been tricking people into thinking that I'm a better person than I really am, tricking them into thinking that I'm hard working, kind, supporting, and whatnot. But the truth is, I'm none of that. And however much I tell my boyfriend, the stubborn person he is, he refuses to believe that I'm not the person he thinks I am.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

• Hugs
Reactions: blue_muse, Dutchyala, death137 and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
There's this spanish song which says:

"You haven't fallen in love with me but with YOURSELF when you're with ME"

I've had an experience like this some time ago. This person thought she loved me but she clearly didn't.

I think no one, except you, my dear SS fellows, can understand the way I really feel.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: blue_muse, Dutchyala, demuic and 4 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
No one knows the real me. There's no one who I can show every part of myself to and have them understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: blue_muse and LeGuitarist
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
No it is the opposite. Not many people know who I am, so they cannot love me for that, and "they" hate me for who they think I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: blue_muse, LeGuitarist and demuic