ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

šŸŖ¦ July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Basically the title.

Just curious if grade and highschool teachers think about if their stutudents will ctb. I mean teachers have to know that not all of their class in all of the classes they've taught are going to enjoy life right? I know some teachers make bets of who will end up a career criminal, so do they do the same thing with students who might ctb?

Idk just kind of a passing thought. Maybe it's morbid, but maybe it's legitimate? I don't know, you tell me.

Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
ig gossip is common ground in the teacher lounge but I don't think they make bets so far in the future or discuss anything morbid at all, they probably just discuss where their classes are compared to one another, who of the students need immediate assistence or extra tutoring in class etc. anything related to studies and passing exams.

Reactions: sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I have doubts that most teachers are thinking about this. Based on what my friend from high school used to say about what teachers gossiped about (she was in the resource room a lot and had to stay after school to get help with her homework so she got to eavesdrop a lot on what the teachers were gossiping about) and my own experiences with eavesdropping on teacher conversations they mainly seemed focused on their students grades, behaviour, assignments they're planning, other teachers, etc. Mostly normal and mundane stuff.

I feel like most teachers don't really focus that much on which of their students may end up ctbing unless they've had students that showed clear signs of being suicidal and in those cases they'd probably keep it to themselves.

Plus, discussing which of your students are more likely to become criminals, while bad, is nowhere near as bad as discussing which of them you think will kill themselves. I feel like very few teachers would be willing to risk ruining their reputation around other staff members by gossiping about something so morbid. Hell, most would probably prefer to live with the idea that most of their students are alive and doing well over having to acknowledge the fact that some of them may have committed suicide.

This topic makes me wonder if that teacher from grade 5 who found me writing that I wanted to die ever thinks about if I've killed myself or not...

ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

šŸŖ¦ July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
This topic makes me wonder if that teacher from grade 5 who found me writing that I wanted to die ever thinks about if I've killed myself or not...
I had a similar thing happen to me in the past. Several times actually. I just happened to remember one of those instances today and wondered if my teachers think I killed myself or not.

I suppose it probably doesn't happen like that, but I figured someone might have a story.

the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
As a teacher, yeah, we do. I tend to notice unhealthy coping mechanisms in my students that might lead to shit getting worse in the future and try my best not to accelerate the inevitable. This is a terrible feeling to see your own student spiralling down.

Reactions: sserafim, ohyouknow, loopdaloop and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Definitely.
I have doubts that most teachers are thinking about this. Based on what my friend from high school used to say about what teachers gossiped about (she was in the resource room a lot and had to stay after school to get help with her homework so she got to eavesdrop a lot on what the teachers were gossiping about) and my own experiences with eavesdropping on teacher conversations they mainly seemed focused on their students grades, behaviour, assignments they're planning, other teachers, etc. Mostly normal and mundane stuff.

I feel like most teachers don't really focus that much on which of their students may end up ctbing unless they've had students that showed clear signs of being suicidal and in those cases they'd probably keep it to themselves.

Plus, discussing which of your students are more likely to become criminals, while bad, is nowhere near as bad as discussing which of them you think will kill themselves. I feel like very few teachers would be willing to risk ruining their reputation around other staff members by gossiping about something so morbid. Hell, most would probably prefer to live with the idea that most of their students are alive and doing well over having to acknowledge the fact that some of them may have committed suicide.

A big difference between thinking and discussing.

Conversations on more sensitive topics will take place in management's offices etc.

Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Basically the title.

Just curious if grade and highschool teachers think about if their stutudents will ctb. I mean teachers have to know that not all of their class in all of the classes they've taught are going to enjoy life right? I know some teachers make bets of who will end up a career criminal, so do they do the same thing with students who might ctb?

Idk just kind of a passing thought. Maybe it's morbid, but maybe it's legitimate? I don't know, you tell me.
I doubt they make bets about it. They take that shit a lot more seriously than we do here. Teachers are the first to report to parents/the authorities about that kind of thing. I think they probably think about it, though. (Or on the flip side, they try to avoid thinking about it.)

I guess it depends on who you ask.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, thatā€™s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm not sure, I don't think so? I'm not a teacher so I wouldn't know though. However, I think that most people genuinely enjoy and are grateful for life (or are brainwashed into enjoying it by Stockholm Syndrome) and are horrified by death and suicide. They think that life and living is the ultimate good and that death is the ultimate bad. They think that ctb is tragic and something to be avoided