• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Just wondering, I'm really scared of the consequences of attempting but failing to CTB! >_< I don't wish to live as it's all so miserable, but I still have plenty to lose! :(((

• Hugs
Reactions: budgerigar training, AllFoxedOut, Sannti and 2 others
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
I'd imagine this varies by region. Give more info on where you're from? In the US, all stuff is confidential unless it's for a criminal charge. Oh yeah, you may be denied a gun once you have a record of suicidal hospitalization.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
I'd imagine this varies by region. Give more info on where you're from? In the US, all stuff is confidential unless it's for a criminal charge I'd think.
yeah, I'm in US! :)

• Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
Miss Anthropy

Miss Anthropy

....and the sky turned black
Dec 28, 2022
I think the hipaa law prevents employers from looking at that sort of thing. You may want to look into that to make sure. Im in the US and ive never had an employer bring up any of my forced hospitalizations.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: SymphonysofAgony, Foreverix and EternalShore
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
Just wondering, I'm really scared of the consequences of attempting but failing to CTB! >_< I don't wish to live as it's all so miserable, but I still have plenty to lose! :(((
nah since its essentially a doctor visit its usually confidential, youd be fine

• Hugs
Reactions: Foreverix and EternalShore
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I've had lots of background checks for safety-sensitive positions, and none of them contained medical information (and I'd been hospitalized once before for suicidal thoughts). I've been asked personally about medical history upon a job offer, but my medical records are protected by HIPAA laws.

You should ask for a copy of the report when an employer asks your permission to check. It's your info after all, and there could be errors. I don't think they have to give you a copy, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Most employers want to make sure you're not a criminal. Attempted suicide isn't a crime in the US under federal law (Maryland is...different).

Unless you're applying for a job requiring high level security clearances and extensive psychological testing, you should be fine 🙂

• Hugs
B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023
Not a lawyer but when I was in the psych ward in the US because I had the materials to CTB (rope)... The lawyer I had when advising me between accepting a stay of commitment essentially a plea deal and fighting it.... Told me it *could* show up when it came to jobs with some hints towards accepting the SOC (which I did) being less harmful in that regard. Whether or not it is or does I don't know. What I do know is I have found it impossible to find a job.... So my assumption is yes possibly.

• Hugs
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
Not a lawyer but when I was in the psych ward in the US because I had the materials to CTB (rope)... The lawyer I had when advising me between accepting a stay of commitment essentially a plea deal and fighting it.... Told me it *could* show up when it came to jobs with some hints towards accepting the SOC (which I did) being less harmful in that regard. Whether or not it is or does I don't know. What I do know is I have found it impossible to find a job.... So my assumption is yes possibly.
I'm sorry :((( It'd be really dumb if the SoC is why you can't do that! :( Also, who the heck did they sue you for having rope? lol. They don't know what you're going to do with it!

• Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
B

brokeandbroken

Elementalist
Apr 18, 2023
I'm sorry :((( It'd be really dumb if the SoC is why you can't do that! :( Also, who the heck did they sue you for having rope? lol. They don't know what you're going to do with it!
I did have texts saying I was going to hang myself because I was... I highly don't recommend anyone say if they are going to CTB to anyone... and I don't know it's probably a mixture of things.. though it probably doesn't help...

• Hugs
G

GM28

Jun 17, 2021
In UK would only be disclosed if employer requested medical report from GP etc if you'd declared anything that would flag need for that. Then pretty certain GP can refuse to include things that would jeopordise health of an individual - which they may well do in relation to CTB attempt and your wellbeing. Think thats right anyhow - hope that helps!

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've had lots of background checks for safety-sensitive positions, and none of them contained medical information (and I'd been hospitalized once before for suicidal thoughts). I've been asked personally about medical history upon a job offer, but my medical records are protected by HIPAA laws.

You should ask for a copy of the report when an employer asks your permission to check. It's your info after all, and there could be errors. I don't think they have to give you a copy, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Most employers want to make sure you're not a criminal. Attempted suicide isn't a crime in the US under federal law (Maryland is...different).

Unless you're applying for a job requiring high level security clearances and extensive psychological testing, you should be fine 🙂
Attempted suicide is a crime somewhere? Holy shit. It shouldn't be a crime to want out of this existence! This is honestly absurd. People should have the choice to die, it shouldn't be criminalized to take your own life.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and wheretfami
EternalShore

EternalShore

Jun 9, 2023
Attempted suicide is a crime somewhere? Holy shit. It shouldn't be a crime to want out of this existence! This is honestly absurd. People should have the choice to die, it shouldn't be criminalized to take your own life.
too true! >_< It sounds like they're telling you to be either be absolutely certain you're successful or they're going to punish you! >_<

• Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut and sserafim
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
It's not technically a crime in Maryland, but they have common laws from old times that can be used to prosecute attempted suicide. A man was taken to court not long ago in Maryland for an attempt, and he was sentenced to a couple years probation for it.

• Hugs
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It's not technically a crime in Maryland, but they have common laws from old times that can be used to prosecute attempted suicide. A man was taken to court not long ago in Maryland for an attempt, and he was sentenced to a couple years probation for it.
I can't believe that you could be prosecuted for attempting suicide. That's insane. He was sentenced to probation for it? Ugh I hate prolifers. I don't see what's wrong with trying to leave this world on your own terms, and end your own existence. You should have bodily autonomy and the right to die if you want. You shouldn't be sentenced for it. I hate how people treat suicide like it's a crime when people just want out of suffering and this existence. I hate how people control us and force us to keep living.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and Foreverix