N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Sometimes we don't want that strangers know how much we are struggling. Sometimes it can be a relief.
Which impression do you leave to strangers? What do you think?
For me it depends how close we come each other. Most strangers just look at me and we don't talk. I often have earphones on and ofen I wear a mask. I think some people (especially young people) find it weird to still wear a mask. Maybe they think of me as a weirdo.

In clinics people complimented me: I was smart and thoughful. I want to leave especially the former one the latter one rather happens accidentially.
I try make people laugh with irony and sarcasm. It is like a defence in order to hide how broken I am mentally.
With some few people I can be both. Funny and unbelievably sad. This feels the best. Having close friednd is really precious for me.

I think many people think of me as introverted. Could be true. I don't really have control over it. I am a person who is really obsessed what people think of me.I can get ashamed pretty fast. This is why I choose my words carefully usually. I think this could lead to the impression I am introverted. But with my best friends I also can be quite the opposite.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Shivali and rainwillneverstop
rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
I don't know if they do.
I hope I appear like a forgetful stranger.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Shivali and Skathon
FML_

FML_

Jun 26, 2022
I don't know... I guess they don't. For a while I was really into hitchhiking but nobody ever showed any signs of being able to read me. It's better like that I suppose

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Absolutely not, and I unfortunately have to feed into their poor impression because it's what they expect of me, anything else will just land me in more conflict that I'm too vulnerable to traverse (I've tried).

'Accomodating Doormat' is often one of the expectations btw, whilst the internal thoughts and genuine personality are quite the opposite.
It feels very suffocating and just plain wrong, just leaves me angry, like I've betrayed myself by reactively playing the part out of fear.
But even if I don't play the stupid game, it's more of the same..just with extra steps or willful misinterpretations that outright demonize me.

Another example:
I also receive unflattering comparisons to those with "cringe worthy" (as they say) personas or assumptions of creepy interests, just because of my appearance.
Even from my own family.
So that's nice.

I incur a lot of condescension, whether I open my mouth or not.

Thank fuck for anonymous forums such as this where I don't have to deal with nearly as much of that shit.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, ColorlessTrees, bubo and 2 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
The assessment of me that everyone makes, from strangers to my family, is that I'm nobody.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
i'm pretty sure they think of me as a very formal and straightforward person. I have ASPD so i don't get very hyper in public unless i'm bored and if i'm out about on the town i'm probably keeping myself busy and doing something so instead i act like a emotionless stone wall. I also talk very formal to strangers and people i don't know so they probably either think i'm a very professional and fancy person or they think i'm a stuck-up brat pretending to be self righteous by acting smarter than everyone else. Who knows, i'd preferred not to be paid any mind at all though. Admittedly, i'm not that interesting, people shouldn't waste their breathe thinking about dead meat.

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I'm not sure. I want to be more introverted. Controllee. Noone knows my deepest fears, trauma, problems.

WhitePill

WhitePill

Pilferer
Jul 27, 2022
No, my character is to adapt to the people and situations I am surrounded by. They could never accurately guess my character unless they lived with me for years.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Not really.

Some people think I'm quiet, I would say I'm reserved. I'm usually not interested in making small talk with strangers.

I work retail unfortunately and have had people tell me how patient I am and thanked me for being patient. I'm not patient at all, I'm sick of hearing the same stupid questions. Even worse when they have a screaming toddler with them.

I've had the pleasure of talking to police and they always said "wow you're so well spoken and articulate yourself well", like they are surprised. Ya?

Reactions: Lostandlooking
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
I'm very introverted and once people get to know me, a lot of them said they were surprised to realize I'm not a bitch. Apparently I come off as conceited because I avoid small talk and tend to dress nice.
The best compliments I get are when people say, "I can tell you're NOT from Florida" lol

Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
I can imagine most consider me unapproachable. Unfriendly, perhaps. I am reserved and generally keep to myself, so such an assessment suits me fine.