N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Recently I read on here someone contacted his or her (highschool) bullies to confront them. I would never do that. I would consider it still as highly likely that they are still assholes. (who would make fun of my situation)

I never want to meet these people again. They were so many anyway. I also don't want an apology. This is utter useless. Give me A LOT of money and access to assisted suicide. My destroyed nervous system cannot be healed anymore.

I ask myself why people assume their bullies migh have changed. At college I personally never experienced bullying. But I read there is also a lot of bullying at workplaces. So where does the notion come from?

There are also a lot of disgusting idiots who are adults. For example Andrew Tate is admired by many men. Or are his fans mostly teenagers during puberty?

But in my case college is way better compared to school. The anonymity is a huge advantage.
But I think it depends on the college you go to. I know someone who went to a college with like classes as groups with pretty bad experiences.

For me as an adult it is easier to dodge assholes. My bad experiences with other people gave a pretty good sense who to trust. Though maybe I overestimate my skills in this instance.

There are so many criminals and assaults happening that I cannot buy this notion we get mature and honest/virtues people just by growing older. There are people at college who clearly virtue signal and want to be seen as a good person. They want this status. But whether they are really good people is a different question.

Side note: I am a leftwinger. There is die LInke the biggest far left party in Germany. They posture themselves as honest and good people who want to improve the society. I support some policies of them. Though there are so many scandals so fucking much bullying reports, many #meetoo cases and the perpetrators were protected by high officials. It is just an hypocrisy. They posture themselves as progressive, morally superior politicians but when it is about power they stab each other in the back.

So my conclusion is some become better, some worse (but not that many?) and some stay bad apples. I don't know I don't have a better answer sadly.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: アホペンギン, urwelcomelb, 0000000000000 and 1 other person
urwelcomelb

urwelcomelb

There was nobody there.
Nov 23, 2023
I believe that since teenagers are super young and immature, many will become better as they become older and get more life experience and face consequences for their actions. However, I have a pretty optimistic view of people and not too much life experience around that kind of thing, so I may be very wrong. I also believe that while everyone is capable of change, some people might never change no matter what because they refuse to.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Once children reach the age wherein they start to undergo puberty, they can be quite bothersome but the first signs of a sense of morality develops, albeit useless, because of the hormones, it is still some progress. Although once they grow older and exit puberty, that sense really begins to develop shaping them into the people they are.

Whatever changes about them usually depends on their personal life experiences as well as their personal metric, etc. With such aspects in mind, you'll be capable of determining whether or not someone who underwent puberty has become a better person, or the opposite. It really is a gamble.