nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I have friends of various races. It seems to me that my black and asian friends have the least matches on Tinder whereas my white friends have the most. I'm a black guy and Tinder hasn't been successful for me at all but I'm also short as well so that may be it.

I've heard some of the girls in my college say that they wouldn't date black men as most of them are ghetto. Do you think this is true? I live in Ireland btw.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I think so. I do. I prefer to date someone of my own race, but I have dated outside of my race. It's just a preference, it's not set in stone. I think it's a biological or lizard-brain thing. People prefer to be with their own kind. Probably some kind of survival instinct thing. I've fallen for Asian girls, and a black girl (I'm white). Can't choose who your heart gets mushy for.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
as far as being racist is concerned, idc. however this doesnt mean im attracted to someone of a different race because for the most part im not. (however my stepfather wasnt to happy with this lol. i brought my 1/4 black bf over (i think it was 1/4) and a family friend came to visit. he stopped at the door and his face dropped. im sitting there eating supper confused. at which point my step father takes me aside and say "you know hes black right" "yeah i know and....." he didnt know what to say so he left it and i walked away lol) i really dont care about race but that doesnt mean im attracted to it either but we can be friends sort of thing

Blueman

Blueman

Student
Aug 13, 2020
Have been lucky enough to have dated black, white and East Asian women.

I don't have any preference at all I'm white ( not Blue as my name on here suggests) :)

• Hugs
Reactions: MartyByrde, Deleted member 4993 and Mm80
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I've seen lots of stories (many of those including screenshots of the messages in question) on the internet about black women being rejected for their color, with the guy saying "you're nice and all, but I don't date black people, I'm not racist, it's just a preference yada yada".

On the other hand I've seen black men being accused of racism for dating white women. The same with black women who date white men.

Last edited:
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
It never mattered to me the race or ethnicity of the person I've dated. I'm sorry you're not getting the responses you're hoping for. I suggest a different avenue instead of tinder. My husband is latino, and his sister met her husband whom is Asian on match. I met my husband on MySpace so I didn't have to pay, but it took years to get him to be a great guy. My sister in law always had a great guy (Jeez that sounds awful)... you get what you pay for apparently. Lol if you don't want to pay money, maybe try plenty of fish, Facebook dating, or whatever else is out there ♡

I hope you find what you're looking for. ♡

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Some people may have a preference but a lot of people don't care. If someone doesn't want to date you because of the colour of your skin, you're not missing out much because they're obviously not the right person for you.

Reactions: Skathon, MartyByrde, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I have friends of various races. It seems to me that my black and asian friends have the least matches on Tinder whereas my white friends have the most. I'm a black guy and Tinder hasn't been successful for me at all but I'm also short as well so that may be it.

I've heard some of the girls in my college say that they wouldn't date black men as most of them are ghetto. Do you think this is true? I live in Ireland btw.
No certainly no space for racism when your desparate.
Ill take what i can get. Black white asian whatever.
Does have to be female though, but thats just me.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, 262653 and Good4Nothing
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
People prefer what they prefer in any and every aspect of life. Does that necessarily make it wrong? I don't think so.

Reactions: Skathon, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, 262653 and 5 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
To answer the question, yes of course people have racial preferences. They even have skin tone preferences irregardless of race. People also have hair and eye color preferences even though that's something that can be changed easily. I think like with gender/sexual preference, people should just be allowed to prefer or not prefer whatever race they want. If the natural conclusion of all people exercising their preference rights leads to people of certain genders/races being least preferred, like Asian men and Black women for example according to US Tinder data, then that's tough I guess (I'm an Asian man myself so I'm used to it, though I do know there actually is a market for us so yay). Not much we can do about it though since forcing people to shift their preferences doesn't seem like a good idea either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, Deleted member 4993, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Racon

Racon

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I don't doubt it. It makes sense from a biological perspective and the statistics will match an evolutionary view on the matter. Ethnicities stick together. Racial discrimination is innate. We naturally prefer people similar to us.

Reactions: Wayfaerer and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
I have black friends and white friends, and I never noticed a difference in relation to this dating issue. I live in Brazil, and maybe the culture here is different from Ireland. I really don't know, though.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Yes, the average person will have preferences for dating those closer to their ethnic background. We have a desire to date those closer to us biologically or genetically because u want your kids to resemble u if u do have kids. Yes many people will date outside their race but the reason they might not is because the differences culturally might make it harder to get along. Maybe their parents don't approve or social circle. It's not a racism thing, it's just biological ingroup preference.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, Deleted member 4993 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I can't speak for others; I only know my own preferences. I'm a white male and prefer ethnic females. For me, it's likely just an extreme case of opposites attract.

Studies show that most people date others who look like themselves per my undergrad degree. Frankly, for myself the last person I want to date is somebody who looks like me wearing a wig.

To you others, knock yourselves out.

Reactions: MartyByrde and Deleted member 4993
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm a white female, with friends of different races. But I'm attacked to man of my own race. That has nothing to do with racism, it's a personal attraction. Like I would never date a female, but I love my girlfriends.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, Chupacabra 44, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I can't speak for others; I only know my own preferences. I'm a white male and prefer ethnic females. For me, it's likely just an extreme case of opposites attract.

Studies show that most people date others who look like themselves per my undergrad degree. Frankly, for myself the last person I want to date is somebody who looks like me wearing a wig.

To you others, knock yourselves out.
Guesss who's back... Back again... Chupas back... Tell a friend. Good to see you brother!
Yeah i know what you mean about people dating others who look like themselves.
In fact, if my sister wasn't my sister, never mind.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and Deleted member 4993
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I personally don't have any preferences.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Some racial groups are more in demand on dating apps I believe. There's a stereotype that Asian guys are desperate for a white girl/guy and I think it's true because Asian guys are so much more likely to swipe right on me. As for my taste I prefer white or black guys but not exclusively.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Some racial groups are more in demand on dating apps I believe. There's a stereotype that Asian guys are desperate for a white girl/guy and I think it's true because Asian guys are so much more likely to swipe right on me. As for my taste I prefer white or black guys but not exclusively.
Can confirm that almost all Asian dudes only prefer white and/or other Asian women as an Asian man myself. Sorry you have to suffer our bullshit since that's not what you're into. :/

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I think the main reason why I don't want to date a fellow Asian is that I already have to deal with my own family, I don't want to have to deal with their family too. I feel like I'd be under pressure to meet certain expectations

Reactions: Chupacabra 44, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think the main reason why I don't want to date a fellow Asian is that I already have to deal with my own family, I don't want to have to their family too. I feel like I'd be under pressure to meet certain expectations
That's probably why so many of the men prefer white women then, their parents seem way less terrifying than what they know. :ahhha:

Reactions: Chupacabra 44, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Deleted member 19654
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I think the main reason why I don't want to date a fellow Asian is that I already have to deal with my own family, I don't want to have to deal with their family too. I feel like I'd be under pressure to meet certain expectations
You're Asian? I never pictured you as being Asian, don't know why.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Some people do, I find black women very attractive but I don't think those feelings are reciprocated :-l I like other races too it's not just black women.