A

anyoneshorizon

Jun 8, 2022
Like if I killed myself would they go to the internet provider and find out I've been on sanctioned suicide. I know that's how most families have found out not the internet part but going through the victims stuff. I would rather they didn't see my post and the research I've been doing.

Reactions: StreetSweeper and Install-Gentoo
plotpoint

plotpoint

Oct 13, 2022
I would think if you commit suicide in a violent way or with drugs, they might go through the history. However, even then they can still go through the internet provider if they feel inclined. I would suggest if you want to go through with it, you cancel the internet provider, destroy the wifi passwords and get rid of all of it completely. They might still find a way but at that point, it wouldn't be worth looking. Ive personally not wanted people to go thru my history and see the things ive looked up, especially here.

• Informative
Reactions: Alayna
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think it's quite likely, especially if some substance was sourced and LE wanted to find the origin. Judging by some of the news stories I've seen, some members who ctb had their phone with browsing history pretty much right there next to them. Which makes sense, because they wouldn't have known if their attempt would be successful ahead of time and maybe wanted some last minute support etc.

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
God I hate this idea. I was thinking maybe I would throw out my hard drive and ssd to prevent this, but I dont know, man. What happened to privacy?

• Hugs
Reactions: passagem18, Huntfish34, archipelago and 2 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
If they know you ctb, it's not unreasonable that they will pry about to find clues as to why. Normals don't feel as we do, they simply cannot feel our pain. Much love to you and all here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
If they know you ctb, it's not unreasonable that they will pry about to find clues as to why. Normals don't feel as we do, they simply cannot feel our pain. Much love to you and all here.
If you leave a note shouldn't it prevent that kind of thing...?

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
PPo
Possibly, but I'd count on them trying to find out more. People, even those who hate you will always be cursed with that human trait known as curiosity.

• Hugs
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
God I hate this idea. I was thinking maybe I would throw out my hard drive and ssd to prevent this, but I dont know, man. What happened to privacy?

If you leave a note shouldn't it prevent that type of thing….?

There is no privacy anymore. The police will go through your phone and computer as part of their investigation. They can contact your ISP and go through your browsing history, but I don't know how far back they would go.

They would still have to investigate to make sure that it is a suicide and not a homicide. There are cases where people have murdered someone, and then typed a note and tried to make it look like a suicide.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
so by me dying by SN they will look through my phone. i already write suicide note that is enough if they care to read which they won't right ? they never read that, especially with no family/friends anyone anyways

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
No, because a lot of people who commit murder try to stage it as a suicide- there arre many true cases on forensic files showing this, for example. So the odds are pretty high that they will look at your computer and phone to try to determine for certain if it was suicide or murder. In some cases they might not do this if they whole scene convinces them it was suicide, but you would need to keep in mind that it is likely that they will do this.

• Hugs
BreathDeeply

BreathDeeply

Jun 21, 2022
Like if I killed myself would they go to the internet provider and find out I've been on sanctioned suicide. I know that's how most families have found out not the internet part but going through the victims stuff. I would rather they didn't see my post and the research I've been doing.
Toss your phone in the bathtub with your computer following closely behind ....

• Hugs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Toss your phone in the bathtub with your computer following closely behind ....
That could help some, but your internet provider and phone provider would still have records. It might make police more suspicious of foul play and this could make them dig deeper into things than they already would.

• Hugs
Beer_is_all_I_have

Beer_is_all_I_have

Years of numbness. When will it stop?
Dec 18, 2021
Actually I think it's unlikely. I have personal experience from my friend who CTBed a couple months ago. She deliberately disabled face login so they couldn't just hold the phone to her face. She was still holding her phone as she laid dead. I believe her last phone usage was her goodbye thread to this site. She gave me the login code and the LE did ask me for it, but I said no. They didn't proceed any further. Didn't look at her laptop or computer. It was very obviously CTB. The medical examiner still hasn't announced cause of death as the toxicology report takes about 3 months.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, leeloosnow, Skathon and 1 other person
T

TriedAndLost

Aug 30, 2022
I am assuming for myself they do. On the other hand, if youre gone, does it really matter? Its a question I ask myself sometimes.

StreetSweeper

StreetSweeper

People are strange when you're a stranger
Oct 18, 2022
I would only think they would go through your histories if they still had questions that needed answering after your death. Cant see them dedicating man power to searching hardrives and pulling phone records if they walk in on yoy hanging, or some other obvious suicide method. What would be the point? Maybe if your loved ones were demanding more than reasonable proof it was suicide and not foul play/accident, but i feel like thats a strech. Thats assuming that when you say "they", you are talking about law enforcement.

Family on the other hand is where the morbid curiosites will come from. Especially if they have been largely cut out from your life or how youve been feeling. Their search for answers will likely never stop, a harsh reality. However, family is much eaiser to keep out of your online/phone activites. They wont have the same resources as law enforcement.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and Skathon
BreathDeeply

BreathDeeply

Jun 21, 2022
That could help some, but your internet provider and phone provider would still have records. It might make police more suspicious of foul play and this could make them dig deeper into things than they already would.

If there is reason to believe a homicide had occurred then its a different ball game. With the right circumstances (and with destroyed phone and computer that drowned Police will only be able to subpoena your google account.

Your phones IMEI card being drowned in the bathtub will be utterly worthless and no cell phone provider in the US can magically change that. I think the biggest mistake people make when trying to 'dump' electronic data trails is smashing the phone or laptop. Doing that will not secure your personal data history.

• Hugs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Of course one other big risk of destroying your electronics is that many people plan to ctb and then back out at the last second- SI (Survival INstinct) can ne stronger than people expect, and often is. It takes some people weeks, some months, and some years to follow through, and some unexpectedly recover. So if you postpone now you need to buy new electronics and try to get all of your phone numbers and passwords, etc. back. Personally I won't try to do this. YOu might hide your phone deep in a storage space and replace it with a new one so that people think it is your current phone- you might even try this with a computer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby and Huntfish34
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
That's why I always use DuckDuckGo and a ghost phone when visiting this site so No one can trace me online or search my history after l CTB!

• Hugs
Reactions: Passersby, Huntfish34, outovhere and 1 other person
LesbianCarpetPython

LesbianCarpetPython

Smell lord
Sep 24, 2022
Of course they do. I would. Nor do I care really after I'm dead. If anything, it would give an incite to my brain and help people understand why things went they way they did

• Hugs
outovhere

outovhere

waste
Jun 1, 2022
I would prefer for my privacy to be respected but ultimately who cares when i'm gone

• Hugs
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Most of the people on the planet are irrelevant, I do not care what they will find. I would be dead and will not have to care anymore about that. A few people may discover something new but they will forget after a bit. Few leave traces in history and in the world, most of us will just disappear and be forgotten. Thanks god that it is like this.

• Hugs
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
It is a curious fact, I realize now, that I have little dependence on technology. There is nothing currently on my computer (not even my comments on SaSu) that would make anyone think that my suicidal idealization is fueled by any particular digital or web content.
I have always gone my own way in my thoughts and most of the time I don't share them with anyone or record them anywhere.

//

És curiós el fet, me n'adono ara, de que poc depenc de la tecnología. No hi ha res actualment al meu ordinador (ni tan sols els meus comentaris a SaSu) que facin pensar ningú en que la meva idealització suïcida es nodreix de cap contingut digital o web en particular.
Sempre he anat per lliure en els meus pensaments i la majoría de vegades no els comparteixo amb ningú ni deixo pas constància enlloc.

• Hugs