• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

HelpDoesNotExist

Jul 10, 2024
Not the drug kind, the fungus that grows in woods and grass and stuff. Heard rumors about people eating them trying to get high and supposedly not surviving. Anyone know anything?

F

findingquiet

Jun 4, 2024
Fungal poisoning is typically extremely painful and prolonged. Would advise against it. Nearly any method is better, unless you for some reason want a slow death.

Reactions: Edpal247, Skathon and EvisceratedJester
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
There's that recent case of a woman in Australia who has been accused of poisoning family members with mushrooms:

Like 'findingquiet' just said though- I suspect it's very prolonged and painful. I think with these sorts of things- slow deaths, you have to consider how long you think you could put up with pain, not knowing 100% you will actually die from it and, not be tempted to call for help. I suspect it also depends on your own health. Someone with poor health already is going to be more likely to be affected. Like always with DIY methods, it's all the unknowns that trouble me.

Plus, I'm crap at things like identifying plants. I'd probably spend hours working up the courage to eat the things and they'd end up being normal mushrooms knowing me.

• Yay!
Reactions: Edpal247
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
There's that recent case of a woman in Australia who has been accused of poisoning family members with mushrooms:

Like 'findingquiet' just said though- I suspect it's very prolonged and painful. I think with these sorts of things- slow deaths, you have to consider how long you think you could put up with pain, not knowing 100% you will actually die from it and, not be tempted to call for help. I suspect it also depends on your own health. Someone with poor health already is going to be more likely to be affected. Like always with DIY methods, it's all the unknowns that trouble me.

Plus, I'm crap at things like identifying plants. I'd probably spend hours working up the courage to eat the things and they'd end up being normal mushrooms knowing me.
I have grown both food and psychoactive mushrooms. In most parts of USA there are 10-12 totally edible ones I have harvested from the wild. Really helps to know what you are looking at. Of course, there are those programs where you take a picture and they identify the plant or mushroom. But yea, mushroom poisoning is a 2-3 day ordeal. I went for a walk today and so some growing on the mulch in front of a business. Now, I suspected they were poisonous, but not THAT poisonous. Some just give terrible stomach pain for days. Abort that mission!

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
When I was a kid I used to eat random mushrooms off the ground growing outside my elementary school. Nothing bad happened at all sadly but they did taste pretty bad.

Reactions: Edpal247