S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
I been thinking about checking myself into a mental hospital I'm just in a toxic environment and I feel like I'd rather be there then in my current situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and Al_stargate
Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
Heavily depends on your situation and where you go. I was admitted to a hospital years ago and left worse. Then again, I knew going in that I wouldn't feel better afterward since there was nothing there that would concretely help me. I didn't have much of a choice, though.

Regardless, if you feel you'd rather be there than in your current environment, I'd consider it.

Reactions: Slimetae
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Heavily depends on your situation and where you go. I was admitted to a hospital years ago and left worse. Then again, I knew going in that I wouldn't feel better afterward since there was nothing there that would concretely help me. I didn't have much of a choice, though.

Regardless, if you feel you'd rather be there than in your current environment, I'd consider it.
Yea I'd probably leave worse and my family wouldn't even take me anyways probably just get the talk that everyone goes through stuff

Achlys

Achlys

So tired...
Apr 23, 2022
Yea I'd probably leave worse and my family wouldn't even take me anyways probably just get the talk that everyone goes through stuff

Why do you think you'll leave worse? Don't feel obligated to respond, of course. Nevertheless, if you don't choose to admit yourself, why not go elsewhere to escape from your toxic environment? Even if it's just for a little while, I reckon it may help somewhat.

S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Why do you think you'll leave worse? Don't feel obligated to respond, of course. Nevertheless, if you don't choose to admit yourself, why not go elsewhere to escape from your toxic environment? Even if it's just for a little while, I reckon it may help somewhat.
Well I can't go anywhere else at the moment and I've been through therapy before that didn't work so I don't wanna be stuck somwhere that's not really helping but hopefully I can give it a try soon .

• Hugs
Reactions: Achlys
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I think it depends on many factors. The hospital itself, the people who work there, whether you go voluntarily or against your will and if you really want to try and recover.

Reactions: depressedmaniac, Slimetae and WorthlessTrash
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
I think it depends on many factors. The hospital itself, the people who work there, whether you go voluntarily or against your will and if you really want to try and recover.
Yea I would like to try hopefully it out and it works out for the better and isn't a terrible experience

• Hugs
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Achlys
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yea I would like to try hopefully it out and it works out for the better and isn't a terrible experience
If you think it's best for you, try of course. If you do decide to go I hope it goes well :)

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I've read good and bad accounts of those places. Probably more bad but you wouldn't expect it to be a resort exactly. Depends where you're from I guess. Don't have any personal experience. Voluntary check-in is better, I think you can leave whenever. Be careful about them forcing you to take pills.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and Slimetae
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Like everyone else said, it really depends on the hospital.

My very first one was terrifying. They'd lock you shut in your rooms at night, the bathrooms were filthy, etc. When I left they told me I didn't belong there and that if I opened up about my ideation again, I'd be there for months longer.

I ended up at a different hospital later and it's an amazing place. A huge campus in the woods, with different cabins; it felt like a getaway. Food was great, staff was great, they had a buffet. I also met some really amazing people there, and it helped me during my worst times. I would make up excuses just to go back.

It takes a lot to check yourself in, so it's really big of you to consider it. If you feel like it'll help, I would try it out.

• Love
Reactions: drseuss, onlyanimalsaregood and Slimetae
yonina

yonina

Mar 9, 2022
It really depends on the hospital tbh. If you are wanting to stay at one I would encourage you do heavy research into which one would help as opposed to being a source of trauma. Not all inpatient programs are created equally- your life and betterment are an investment worth making, also make sure it's not an involuntary stay as that would strip away autonomy on your part.

Reactions: western_heart, onlyanimalsaregood and Slimetae
R

rattenkrieg

Apr 24, 2022
I was in a good one, got the treatment I needed and was stabilized. I guess it really depends on the place itself. I'm thinking of admitting myself again.

T90-Alpha

T90-Alpha

Hopeless
Apr 21, 2022
It didint help me at all. I got billed 12 thousand dollars :(