nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've always wondered this. People say grief is instinctual but if that's the case, why do so many people who try and murder parents/siblings feel relief and not regret after it? I remember the case of Kip Krinkel who shot his parents and then went to school and unsuccessfully shot other students. He was sentenced to 100 years in prison. After 10 years, he said that he only regretted being in prison and didn't care that his parents were dead. He didn't miss them.

Are these people sociopaths because they don't feel grief that their family members are dead or do they not grieve cause they never cared about them?

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I've seen multiple examples of people who weren't murderers or sociopaths, yet never grieved their abusive or neglectful deceased parents. A good friend of mine lost his estranged father and told me he feels nothing, yet when his 18 year old dog passed away in the same year he was obviously grief-stricken. I don't think we're instinctively programmed to grieve our family members, many people do because they are close with their family, but some don't.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
No they don't. If they did they wouldn't have killed them.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
My guess would be that many kill their family members during a severe mental health crisis, sometimes fueled by drugs. I suppose many of those people would feel remorse once they become relatively more stable. Just a guess on my end.

Some or most are psychopaths and those people don't feel remorse ever, if I understand correctly.