Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I'm part of another social media where we have lots of groups, a few including mental health and depression. A lot of the people on the site are asking about resources, of course I don't tell them about the resources, but I do wonder whether I should let them know of this website? It's not a place where people talk about suicide a lot, although they always get support comments from others. I was just wondering whether sometimes I should direct them to this website? Through DMs of course.

If you want to know the name of the app, please DM me

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
No. Anybody who really needs SS can find their way here.

Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl, puppy9, virginiawoolf86 and 8 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I'm part of another social media where we have lots of groups, a few including mental health and depression. A lot of the people on the site are asking about resources, of course I don't tell them about the resources, but I do wonder whether I should let them know of this website? It's not a place where people talk about suicide a lot, although they always get support comments from others. I was just wondering whether sometimes I should direct them to this website? Through DMs of course.

If you want to know the name of the app, please DM me
I think that's not a very good idea and it could be interpreted as an encouragement to ctb.

Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Sensei, ecmnesia and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I think that's not a very good idea and it could be interpreted as an encouragement to ctb.
what if you said it like "i know a helpful site that can help with a lot of different things" then you arent really referring to anything specific and we do also have the recovery section. so by just suggesting the whole site from there its up to the individual.

Reactions: ecmnesia and Caspers
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020

Yeah I thought so, I'm going to keep my mouth shut. One of the members was saying they couldn't find any peaceful ways out. I told her the only thing I know is what vets use to euthanise animals (I didn't say n or imply it in any way) and it's illegal to obtain. So basically I said I heard of something, but there is no way you could get it. I didn't tell her about night night which (I think) is quite peaceful
what if you said it like "i know a helpful site that can help with a lot of different things" then you arent really referring to anything specific and we do also have the recovery section. so by just suggesting the whole site from there its up to the individual.

Yeah I was wondering that, maybe implying rather than telling. Some of the users are just saying it on a whim after a hard day, or don't really mean it and navigating them here could make it a lot worse:mmm:

Last edited:
Reactions: ecmnesia and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Yeah I thought so, I'm going to keep my mouth shut. One of the members was saying they couldn't find any peaceful ways out. I told her the only thing I know is what vets use to euthanise animals (I didn't say n or imply it in any way) and it's illegal to obtain. I didn't tell her about night night which (I think) is quite peaceful

Yeah I was wondering that, maybe implying rather than telling. Some of the users are just saying it on a whim after a hard day, or don't really mean it and navigating them here could make it a lot worse:mmm:
It is really not that hard to find this site. I would not talk about it if I were you, especially if the people are just saying that they are suicidal after a bad day and are not being very serious.

Reactions: Fehler, Gnip, demuic and 5 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn't personally refer anyone to this site for many reasons. For ex.. As others mentioned above, it could be interpreted as suicide encouragement.

Reactions: ecmnesia, x~Sophia~x, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I wouldn't personally refer anyone to this site for many reasons. For ex.. As others mentioned above, it could be interpreted as suicide encouragement.

That's what I thought, and why I wanted this group's opinions before I do anything

Reactions: x~Sophia~x and WitheringAway
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
thats why i only tell certain people. like ones that arent suicidal because they just use it so they can understand and help me.

Reactions: Caspers
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I think my question has been answered; I'm not going to mention, nor imply this website to anyone on that app. I will never tell them about methods I have learnt here, as that's immoral and would be aiding suicide (we're not allowed to advise methods here either)

Reactions: Sensei, Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 19654
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've only ever referred one person here and that was a very special circumstance. This place isn't all that hard to find anyways. I'd still say let them do their own research and find it on their own.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I rarely go back to facebook, but I did recently and in one of the groups I found someone who was suicidal. I did my best to engage and talk to them (you should have seen some of the other ignorant comments being posted). Part of me wanted to send them a link to this place. I didn't in the end. I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I rarely go back to facebook, but I did recently and in one of the groups I found someone who was suicidal. I did my best to engage and talk to them (you should have seen some of the other ignorant comments being posted). Part of me wanted to send them a link to this place. I didn't in the end. I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I'm in a few suicide discussion groups on FB just to see some of the sheer bullshit and false hope people spread. It takes everything I have not to troll the fuck out of them honestly. But then I wouldn't be any better then the pro lifers that come here to troll.

Reactions: deletemyaccount1 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm in a few suicide discussion groups on FB just to see some of the sheer bullshit and false hope people spread. It takes everything I have not to troll the fuck out of them honestly. But then I wouldn't be any better then the pro lifers that come here to troll.
I've just realised I've left this person in the cold. Now I have to go back and see if they are okay. I hate FB, just the interface makes me squirm.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I won't tell even in my dreams. It's the only way i can say what i think, and read what others most likely think for real.

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Not if they know who you are in real life, no. If you're fully anonymous, I probably still wouldn't do it, personally, but that's me.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
i would avoid it.
you know know what people may think of you for knowing this site. or what people may do with the knowlede of this site.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Tell them. Don't tell them. Makes no difference.