• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Do we owe it to ourselves to try to get better before throwing in the towel?

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
I posted a similar post in a thread but I just need y'all opinion. I'm like stuck in purgatory.

My mental health deteriorated 6 months ago with severe anxiety, insomnia, and depression. It's gotten better due to Lexapro but I still have chronic pain. My anxiety really stemmed from having health anxiety and hand pain that's gotten better. I am better despite my father being an asshole. My dads temper has gotten better.

My biggest reason to Ctb is due to my the uncertainty of my future. I'm afraid of the future - I know it's so silly, I'm afraid of not being able to do things on my own due to depression. My ex also left me a few months ago due to my depression.

I feel like I'm in purgatory. I can't ask my therapist this question because of course she'll say I owe it to myself to try to live before giving up.

I see many people hanging onto their lives despite having serious mental disorders or bad chronic conditions and I'm just so impressed. I want to throw in the towel after 6 months.

CTB is so hard. I'm existing and surviving right now.

What do you guys think and why do you think the way you do?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, PeacefulTonic and Silenos
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
If you think there is a path forward to a better life I would definitely hold off CTB. If there's something that interests you, if you have a goal, if you have some unfinished business, if you have a shred of hope.

Reactions: demuic, PeacefulTonic, bed and 3 others
Sittichmutter

Sittichmutter

Student
Sep 16, 2021
I posted a similar post in a thread but I just need y'all opinion. I'm like stuck in purgatory.

My mental health deteriorated 6 months ago with severe anxiety, insomnia, and depression. It's gotten better due to Lexapro but I still have chronic pain. My anxiety really stemmed from having health anxiety and hand pain that's gotten better. I am better despite my father being an asshole. My dads temper has gotten better.

My biggest reason to Ctb is due to my the uncertainty of my future. I'm afraid of the future - I know it's so silly, I'm afraid of not being able to do things on my own due to depression. My ex also left me a few months ago due to my depression.

I feel like I'm in purgatory. I can't ask my therapist this question because of course she'll say I owe it to myself to try to live before giving up.

I see many people hanging onto their lives despite having serious mental disorders or bad chronic conditions and I'm just so impressed. I want to throw in the towel after 6 months.

I am sorry for your depression. It really feels like Hell. It feels like It wil never go away and there is no Future...
I have been there, more than once.
But, It can go away. And you can get better.
If Lexapro is not helping you after 6 months, It is time to change meds.
If I were you, I would give life a chance before CTB. Try to help other people, do a voluntary work at animal shelters. All this helps to decrease the pain. And you may discover a New You that you did not know the existence. And hanging around people who volunteer too, will open your heart for all the love some people can give, just so, without asking anything in return. It is such a warm feeling that you may see beauty again and start believing in a better life.
I Hope you feel better.❤️

Reactions: dyingalone123
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021

Yeah, it's hard to ctb, so you may as well try & find a way to reduce your suffering... I think you need to show your teeth to your abusive parents, but I know that's much easier said than done...

Reactions: PeacefulTonic and dyingalone123
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
yea why not. Once its over its over so its like why not before you go. Even if you get sick or bored along the way onthing changes.

bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
I'd exhaust all options before CTB or at least as many as you can.

D

dyingalone123

Experienced
Sep 8, 2021
Thank you all for your posts. Y'all are such strong people - fighting so hard.

Guys please feel free to keep commenting. All opinions welcome.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic
Dreamlike Reality

Dreamlike Reality

Bedhead 💤
Nov 29, 2021
What does the term CTB mean?
"Catch the Bus"-- Meaning to commit suicide.

As for the OP, if you still have aspirations, do what you're capable of right now and see where it goes from there. Like Bed said, exhaust your options. You're just as strong as everyone else here for existing until now- Best wishes, wherever life leads you.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is your life and your decision. Only you know what the best thing is for yourself. Of course we have the right to exit at a time of our own choosing after all. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

Last edited: