• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I was wondering if hospitals and doctors know how to treat sn poisoning if I attempt to take sn and I fail and survive. If I survive how will I go to a hospital, should I call? I'm guessing if I survive then I wouldn't be in a state where I could go to a hospital on my own based on the effects from sn.

If I take sn I might take it at home when I'm alone and write a note saying I took sn, what effects it has on the body and that the antidote is methylene blue. When my parents find me they'll see the note and if I survived then they could help me go to a hospital and maybe tell doctors that I took sn. From what I understood from here methylene blue should be administered intravenously, I assume it has to be administered on one arm similarly to when we go to a doctor and they take blood intravenously. This is all for a scenario if I fail, it's not certain what will happen if I take sn, if it will work or not, but I should be prepared and know how to get help if I survive. Should I do other things besides what I mentioned? Also do hospitals have methylene blue? I heard they have but I live in Romania and I'm not sure if hospitals here have methylene blue and if they know what to do to treat the effects from sn

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: debzzzz and sorrowful
Gangrel

Gangrel

Student
Jul 25, 2024
It probably depends on the place. Small town they won't probably know, or maybe they will, impossible to know really, depends on how good of a doctor is. I'm pretty sure on first world countries they are more aware of it, specially Australia and the UK. A girl in Brazil survived for 2 hours while they desperatly tried to get methylene blue from the farmacies in the town before she succumbed.

Imo it makes no sense to do this, from the effects of SN, the body will probably be unconcious at that point, it seems to me you want to be saved and is not at peace with it. Either way i'm so sorry you are feeling that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistymoo, ForgottenAgain and rozeske
D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
It probably depends on the place. Small town they won't probably know, a girl in Brazil survived for 2 hours while they desperatly tried to get methylene blue from the farmacies in the town before she succumbed.

Imo it makes no sense to do this, from the effects of SN, the body will probably be unconcious at that point, it seems to me you want to be saved and is not at peace with it. Either way i'm so sorry you are feeling that way.
I don't want to be saved but it's also very important to have a plan on what to do if you fail and survive. You don't know for sure what will happen if you take sn, if you'll die or survive. It's uncertain what will happen with the majority of methods. I live next to the capital of Romania, not exactly in the capital but in an area or small town very near to it. I'm not sure if it would be better to go to a public or private hospital, here in Romania private hospitals are more modern and have better conditions but they're also more expensive. If I call to emergency services, so the equivalent of 911 from the USA here I don't know if they would bring me to a public or private hospital and if the hospital would be a good one, whether it's public or private. But since it's in the capital then theoretically they should bring me to a good hospital and they should know what to do to help me, although like I said I'm not sure what they would do, I haven't called emergency services before

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas and CosmicPaperCut
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I don't think you should worry about being saved and treatment. If you have doubts about your decision don't drink the SN. If you are determined and sure of your decision no need to mention what you took and how to treat you. If they don't know how to treat you that means they can't save you or by the time they figure it out it will be too late or they won't have methylene blue at hand like the Brazilian case mentioned above. If you are sure about ctb then none of this should be your concern imo.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, Jon Arbuckle, ForgottenAgain and 2 others
D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I don't think you should worry about being saved and treatment. If you have doubts about your decision don't drink the SN. If you are determined and sure of your decision no need to mention what you took and how to treat you. If they don't know how to treat you that means they can't save you or by the time they figure it out it will be too late or they won't have methylene blue at hand like the Brazilian case mentioned above. If you are sure about ctb then none of this should be your concern imo.
I'm sure I want to die and I'm determined trust me, but as you know and as I said before, it's not certain what will happen with the majority of methods including sn. You don't know for sure if you die after you take it. Think of it as a backup plan in case the method doesn't work. I don't want to be left with long term damage from sn if I survive so of course I'm thinking about this scenario and what could doctors do to help, it's normal and very important to think about this. No matter how determined you are it's very important to take these things into consideration in my opinion at least. I don't think you would want to have damage from sn either in case the method didn't work for whatever reason and you survived, you would probably want doctors to help you. That's why I asked these things

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
J

jjxt94

Dec 1, 2023
When they measure your blood level and see methemoglobia first line treatment is methylene blue so I wouldn't depend on it
Best bet is to avoid being found for set time frame

• Informative
Reactions: smaragdyne and Praestat_Mori
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I'm sure I want to die and I'm determined trust me, but as you know and as I said before, it's not certain what will happen with the majority of methods including sn. You don't know for sure if you die after you take it. Think of it as a backup plan in case the method doesn't work. I don't want to be left with long term damage from sn if I survive so of course I'm thinking about this scenario and what could doctors do to help, it's normal and very important to think about this. No matter how determined you are it's very important to take these things into consideration in my opinion at least. I don't think you would want to have damage from sn either in case the method didn't work for whatever reason and you survived, you would probably want doctors to help you. That's why I asked these things
Surviving with damage only comes from them trying to save you or revive you and you end up with damage. If no one finds you or is too late then you will be dead sooner or later. Why/how do you think you will wake up by your self with damage when no one intervened. As i understand it, damage means when the method was doing it's job of damaging your organs and killing you but others interrupted that process and tried to bring you back but they couldn't reverse some of the damage. That's what damage means to me. If you went unconscious then that means the poison has already started doing it's job. After that there can only be death waiting for you. For your peace of mind you can leave a note of what you took and how to save you but in my case, on the rare chance of them finding me, I want them to waste time figuring it out so they can't save me.

Reactions: kvsvenky100, ForgottenAgain and Praestat_Mori
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Surviving with damage only comes from them trying to save you or revive you and you end up with damage. If no one finds you or is too late then you will be dead sooner or later. Why/how do you think you will wake up by your self with damage when no one intervened. As i understand it, damage means when the method was doing it's job of damaging your organs and killing you but others interrupted that process and tried to bring you back but they couldn't reverse some of the damage.
This is not the only way nitrite poisoning can cause damage at all. Even following the procedure to the letter, it is possible to survive nitrite poisoning without intervention. This can be due to a number of factors including vomiting & slow absorption. Methemoglobinemia can cause brain damage. There is a lack of oxygen reaching the organs & soft tissue, which can cause cell death. I also personally survived mild nitrite poisoning without going to the hospital but had a seizure & gave myself a concussion while convulsing, both of which can cause brain damage.

OP if you survive nitrite poisoning & are conscious enough to call for help, they will administer methylene blue if it is on hand if you have the symptoms of methemoglobinemia, even if they don't know you took SN. Smaller hospitals may not know what SN is, but it is distinct enough in its symptoms that poison control likely will. If they think you ingested something, they have to call poison control. If you are conscious over 40 minutes past ingestion, I would strongly recommend seeking medical care. You have to weigh the risks of damage versus the chance of being sent to psychiatric inpatient if they realize it was a suicide attempt, but methemoglobinemia can absolutely cause damage even if it's not going to kill you

• Informative
Reactions: smaragdyne and sorrowful
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
This is not the only way nitrite poisoning can cause damage at all. Even following the procedure to the letter, it is possible to survive nitrite poisoning without intervention. This can be due to a number of factors including vomiting & slow absorption. Methemoglobinemia can cause brain damage. There is a lack of oxygen reaching the organs & soft tissue, which can cause cell death. I also personally survived mild nitrite poisoning without going to the hospital but had a seizure & gave myself a concussion while convulsing, both of which can cause brain damage.
How much sn did you take? Were you found or were you conscious on your own?

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
How much sn did you take? Were you found or were you conscious on your own?
I took potassium nitrite which works the same as SN since it's the nitrite ion that is poisonous, just different dosage due to molecular weights. I took 22g of KN. I was conscious on my own. I never lost full consciousness despite the seizure & taking benzos

• Informative
Reactions: smaragdyne and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I took potassium nitrite which works the same as SN since it's the nitrite ion that is poisonous, just different dosage due to molecular weights. I took 22g of KN. I was conscious on my own. I never lost full consciousness despite the seizure & taking benzos
Did you get any medical treatment? What do you think was the cause of failure?

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Did you get any medical treatment? What do you think was the cause of failure?
I didn't get any medical treatment, but I think I should have. The cause of failure was how much I vomited. I used meto & Zofran but still lost most of my stomach content 10-15 minutes after ingestion

J

jjxt94

Dec 1, 2023
I didn't get any medical treatment, but I think I should have. The cause of failure was how much I vomited. I used meto & Zofran but still lost most of my stomach content 10-15 minutes after ingestion
did you take 2nd cup?
I am planning on SN and this has been one of my worries on top of benzos not sedating me fast enough
how far was the spacing between loading dose of benzo with the Potassium Nitrite?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Have you suffered any permanent damage?

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
did you take 2nd cup?
I am planning on SN and this has been one of my worries on top of benzos not sedating me fast enough
how far was the spacing between loading dose of benzo with the Potassium Nitrite?
I was unable to take the second cup due to the vomiting. I believe I took the benzos about half an hour before the potassium nitrite, which is normally how long it takes for them to sedate me
Have you suffered any permanent damage?
I'm unsure. I've had a neurological motor evaluation & nothing in that regard seems to be impaired, but I haven't told anyone about the attempt & haven't been fully evaluated. I do have a lot of underlying health conditions that make it difficult to tell on my own. The attempt was on the 19th & I felt pretty ill for about a week after. Time will tell I suppose

• Informative
Reactions: rozeske
Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020
Do you think taking antiemtics would have helped stooped you from vomiting?

L

lilmisswbd2cbt

Jul 12, 2024
this makes me nervous…seems slow absorption/digestion could be resolved by fasting longer so there's higher chance of an empty stomach but then there's a higher risk of stomach acids, and slower absorption/digestion of the SN itself…right? so anxious after your attempt :(

Last edited:
smaragdyne

smaragdyne

Jul 21, 2024
Thank you for your contributions @ferrie, your story is invaluable to us (I cannot overstate that), especially because you recount it accurately and objectively. I also agree with your philosophy, I try to share knowledge as much as possible because it's usually a lack of knowledge that's dangerous; but, the decisions being made here aren't something to made lightly either.

@Dark-Knight -
Like @jjxt94 said they would simply see the methemoglobinemia (cyanosis, "chocolate" blood) and administer the methylene blue; it's a pretty clear-cut, immediate antidote for that condition, and methylene blue is pretty safe anyway, so they won't hesitate to try it. The best solution is not to be found like they said.

• Love
Reactions: ferrie