x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
I've seen a bunch of suicide by hanging videos and while all of them consisted of convulsions, I couldn't hear any sound.

I'm planning on testing the hanging method with a strong charging cord at night in the bed.

It's gonna be a simple practice session (haha) and the convulsions won't matter cause I'm in the bed, so my moving muscles won't make any sound.

What I'm worried about is the sound from my mouth, which would screw everything up, especially at night, so the other people would hear me and wake up.

Thank you for the help :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Um... be careful, please. Is this just a practice run? Do not do this. It's not a good plan.

First of all, that cord is not a great idea. You should get something more substantial for numerous reasons.

Second of all, if you hang yourself to the point of convulsions, you're pretty well screwed if you weren't meaning to actually ctb. At that point, it's not just practice.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless and Rocksandsand
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
You should expect to make noise in a hanging death (or any death). It doesn't happen to everyone, but convulsions and "death rattles" do happen, and do make noise.

That said, as mentioned by @k75 , there's really no safe way to do a practice run with hanging. You can test your ligature and anchor point and knots and posture, but once you put that ligature around your neck and tighten it, you could end up unconscious in 4 to 5 seconds, and dead before you have time to stop your "practice" session.

Reactions: Baskol1
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
Ohhh :( I didn't expect that. Actually I've been testing it a few days ago (with the same cord) but just couldn't pass out.

At first, I tried to compress the arteries with my fingers but it didn't work (maybe cause the pressure was too low), so I learnt to tie a slip knot and done that again using this cord just for a few seconds, so the blood flow wasn't disrupted for too long.

Could you share some tips on how to properly compress the arteries using your fingers? That way I won't go into convulsions cause the muscles will relax, allowing the blood to flow again.

Maybe I could put something in my mouth to prevent the sound then?

I just don't care about the life at all, all my desires don't matter to me now, I don't see any point in living and all I do is playing CS:GO video game from the moment I get up till I go to sleep to forget about reality for a bit.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Could you share some tips on how to properly compress the arteries using your fingers? That way I won't go into convulsions cause the muscles will relax, allowing the blood to flow again.

I'm the wrong guy to ask, since I gave up in the night-night method (ligature strangulation with something to direct force into the carotids) on account of not being able to get them both compressed reliably.

The only thing I can really suggest is that most people tilt their head back to get at the carotids, but this can actually make them harder to compress, so see if you have an easier time by having your head straight up, or even tilted forward.

Maybe I could put something in my mouth to prevent the sound then?

Might work, but won't help if your arms thrash around and make noise. The better approach is to be somewhere far enough away from people that it doesn't matter if you make some noise death rattling or convulsing.

x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
The only thing I can really suggest is that most people tilt their head back to get at the carotids, but this can actually make them harder to compress, so see if you have an easier time by having your head straight up, or even tilted forward.
I'll definitely try your trick :) Always tilted my head backwards.

One more question: is there any chance the convultions will start even when compressing arteries with fingers?

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Some people have reported their hands shaking a bit, but I've never heard of convulsions from it.

Make sure you won't fall and crack your head on anything hard, though. Some people have reported going unconscious from carotid compression with their fingers.

Reactions: x-Ace-x
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
One more question: is there any chance the convultions will start even when compressing arteries with fingers?
Doubtful. The convulsions generally happen after you're unconscious and your brain is starving. You can definitely pass out from finger compression, but then your hands will drop, relieving the compression. So no convulsions and you'll probably wake up.
If you're actually hanging, the pressure on the arteries will continue even after passing out, and you'll start convulsing. That's why I said if you hang yourself to that point, you've gone too far to save yourself.

Reactions: Mylifeispointless, x-Ace-x, nzdarkshark and 1 other person
x-Ace-x

x-Ace-x

Experienced
Aug 20, 2019
But even if I make some sound convulsing, it shouldn't be loud, just a little noise and that's it, right?

Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Right, it's not very loud.

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x and Baskol1
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
What will make the most noise is if you are hitting against something. Convulsions can be mild or really violent, with lots of thrashing around. So be aware of what's around you.

Reactions: x-Ace-x
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Wait, people seem to have a consensus that convulsions start when the brain is already dying. But when I practice choking games (making myself pass out on purpose by hyperventilating and then holding my breath) my body always shakes against my will and people who have seen me fall said it looked like a seizure?
I guess theres no way to see for sure than to try yourself