• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Before and after depression like I cried alot when I was a kid and can't watch scary movies, having trouble with decision making and feel really bad of others.

Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot and 3 others
Slenderman

Slenderman

Jimmy Smith
Jun 9, 2019
Yes I've been very sensitive as a child, like I'd cry and panic at every little mistake and criticism. Was very emotional over forms of art. I still am, don't care much about others anymore though.

Reactions: Circles, not_a_robot, Scribble Fan and 1 other person
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
Before and after depression like I cried alot when I was a kid and can't watch scary movies, having trouble with decision making and feel really bad of others.
Relatable for me. Growing up my parents told me to quit being a crybaby and toughen up that lip. Mind you, I'm a girl, so I was constantly being told to toughen up otherwise the world will eat me up alive. Felt guilty because I had feelings.

Now I can suppress them. At least in front of others.

The stories shared here tug at my heart strings and really make me empathize. It's such a catch 22 to know I'm not alone in suffering, but it's also really hard to see so many others suffering too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot and 1 other person
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
I try to feel less for others...its draining:notsure:

Reactions: Circles and Bulletwbttrflywings
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I would imagine so. I find a lot of things in life difficult or traumatic, far more so than the average person who just seems to naturally have thick skin and take everything in their stride. I feel like it's made me incompatible with society as a whole, and causes me to isolate myself almost all the time. I feel easily persecuted and I'm sensitive regarding scrutiny or criticism. I have social anxiety, separation anxiety, and depression. I'm a big dude with kind of a rough exterior too I feel like. So it's not something others would ever even expect me to deal with. At least that's the feeling I get.

Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot and 6 others
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
I feel that. Men are still not allowed to be sensitive or depressed or whatever. Society may be more aware of mental health, but still stigmatises as it always did.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot and 3 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
yeah, I was a bit sensitive from as long as i can remember. I always got reminded of it because of the incidents that have happened.
sometimes, i see this question mark on the faces of people around me when such incidents happen.. when they see me behave like that.
I just feel that some people can't know something unless they face it. I have no idea either why i break down or feel things intensely, it is embarrassing and makes you feel bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, not_a_robot and Scribble Fan
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
This always caused me to shut out the world and withdraw, I'm a recluse now. I wish I didn't care about people or what they think. Stimuli can get insanely overwhelming as well.

The upside is I get to enjoy all my favorite art on a deep level, so at least there's that.

Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, not_a_robot and 1 other person
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
I cried today. 19 year old boy

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
No. Because most people can't stand that level of sensitivity and do what they can to purge it out of you since the day you are born, especially if you are born as a male. I was raised Spartan style. Crying as a child would result in my parents laughing at me, taking a picture of my crying face and then showing it to me, once in awhile to make me feel ashamed of myself for years. I'm glad though. It's not good to show weakness in this world. One of the few things they did for me, that was actually a favor. It's only good to reveal a stoic face or rage, when feeling something unpleasant. Otherwise, people lose respect for you and target you. I had it much easier than my father though. Every time my father showed weakness as a child, his father would smack him around or make him do hard labor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, Scribble Fan and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
The people in society who talk the most about the importance of empathy (neurotypicals and mental health workers) usually have none. If they experienced genuine emotions for one second they would implode and ctb. Our society only values the appearance of sensitivity. The appearance of empathy. In real life those qualities make you dangerous and unpleasant to a society that has no use for them except as a marketable commodity. They go to movies to feel sensitivity and love, then go home and abuse their kids.

Fuck the world.

Reactions: Circles, AutumnEmbers, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
The people in society who talk the most about the importance of empathy (neurotypicals and mental health workers) usually have none. If they experienced genuine emotions for one second they would implode and ctb. Our society only values the appearance of sensitivity. The appearance of empathy. In real life those qualities make you dangerous and unpleasant to a society that has no use for them except as a marketable commodity. They go to movies to feel sensitivity and love, then go home and abuse their kids.

Fuck the world.

Yes and my parents would say something is wrong with me, every time, they told me news of people dying and I showed no response... Uh, well, isn't that how I was fucking raised? My only crime in their eyes was me being honest.

Reactions: not_a_robot