Seven

Seven

Rebirth
Jul 9, 2019
It feels awful, I know that it will never workout, that they wont talk to me ever again. I know the good times wont come again but I long for them so bad. Right now they completely hate me and are dating someone else, I just wish it could of worked out. I finally allowed myself to love, but I think that might of been the biggest mistake I ever did. I wish I could go back to being cold and detached, to being robotic almost and not caring. The pain is too immense, love is truly one of the worst feelings in the world. I still care for them no matter what I do, I can try to forget them or demonize but I cant bring myself to do that. I think about them alot. Chasing girls brings me no pleasure, i still think of them all the time. I dont know what to do but maybe time will heal me. I wish it could of worked out.. at least see them once

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: hejakdgiwbq, Saga, not_a_robot and 11 others
A

Arbie

Jul 20, 2019
Do you get any comfort in the old cliche, that if it's meant to be it will come to pass? I don't...i think it's horseshit. Love hurts so badly. Makes you wish you could drill that whole section right out of your skull.
It does pass...the intensity of the loss and pain do fade with time and self care. I hope it gets better for you.

Etherealdignity333

Etherealdignity333

Ad Astra
Jul 21, 2019
Me too.
It's the worst.
You're not alone.

bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, if it was meant to be, it will be, if not what will happen is you find someone greater and then they regret it, it's how the world works...

Reactions: Saga
V

vulturecyclop

May 23, 2019
Allowing myself to love was also the biggest mistake for me...the pain is absolutely unbearable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nihil and bacardirum
cryptic_cynic

cryptic_cynic

Degenerate
Jul 8, 2019
I'm tired of hearing the "if it was meant to be, it would be" bullshit. Sounds like more empty platitudes and ex post facto justification.

I also made the mistake of allowing myself to fall for someone, and I still wish it could work out. Things fell apart with that person because of the shitty world we live in, not because it "wasn't meant to be." There are concrete reasons why things couldn't work out between us, and if we lived in a better world, perhaps things could have turned out differently for the relationship.

Reactions: bacardirum
bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
I'm tired of hearing the "if it was meant to be, it would be" bullshit. Sounds like more empty platitudes and ex post facto justification.

I also made the mistake of allowing myself to fall for someone, and I still wish it could work out. Things fell apart with that person because of the shitty world we live in, not because it "wasn't meant to be." There are concrete reasons why things couldn't work out between us, and if we lived in a better world, perhaps things could have turned out differently for the relationship.

It just wasn't meant to be :)

E

ElderlyJackson32

Jul 22, 2019
Love is overrated

Reactions: Painted Bird and vulturecyclop
Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
I have tasted it, and it was the happiest two years of my life. I miss having that kind of love and warmth. Deep down, I'm alone and also somewhat dead on the inside, but I also yearn to be able to hug and snuggle with someone. Just to be able to feel warm, to listen to a heartbeat, and to feel all safe cuddled up in someone's arms. Maybe it's just basic human contact I'm missing. Haven't had a real physical hug in I don't know how long. I know I might sound crazy, but just even having a basic physical hug would legit be medicine to my soul.

• Love
Reactions: namemanthedeadman and vulturecyclop
IchIsGone

IchIsGone

Nov 2, 2018
I do. I'm just not sure what kind of relationship I want with that person.

M

Meg

Jun 24, 2019
It feels awful, I know that it will never workout, that they wont talk to me ever again. I know the good times wont come again but I long for them so bad. Right now they completely hate me and are dating someone else, I just wish it could of worked out. I finally allowed myself to love, but I think that might of been the biggest mistake I ever did. I wish I could go back to being cold and detached, to being robotic almost and not caring. The pain is too immense, love is truly one of the worst feelings in the world. I still care for them no matter what I do, I can try to forget them or demonize but I cant bring myself to do that. I think about them alot. Chasing girls brings me no pleasure, i still think of them all the time. I dont know what to do but maybe time will heal me. I wish it could of worked out.. at least see them once
I'm right there with you bud. I let my ex go so that he could find happiness and I wouldn't bring him down. He moved on like REALLY quick and now won't even speak to me. I had hoped he would be there for me through this at least but he's completely done with me. I'm also now pretty sure he's a total sociopath with no empathy for others.

Reactions: namemanthedeadman
Architect

Architect

Jul 6, 2019
I'm going through the same thing...
Either I'm a failure or life is just downright awful.

Reactions: namemanthedeadman
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I do. And it's so hard, because they're very much still in my life, and there's a weird duality to our relationship. Somehow, we're closer now than we've ever been, while at the same time drifting farther and farther apart....

B

Bazinga

Jul 21, 2019
I really liked this girl. Still do. She doesn't like me back. A few months ago i ended up telling her about my suicide plan. She ended up reporting me. So I decided to stop talking to her after I got out. It's ok because she never really messaged me after telling her.

I deserve it tbh. Recently i just used her as an emotional cumdump so i realized basically if i want to talk to people it's important not to mention depression ever as it will end up taking 99% of the conversation. Although it usually is the only thing i can ever think about so it's all i want to talk about because the rest of my interests like 100% completing video games are too rare (less than 0.2% of people who own a game often)

My psychiatrist won't give me new meds and basically just blames my depression on not having friends. Shocker, i know. She's a resident though so i guess she had to have her first suicide someday right?

P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I do not long for anyone anymore. Relationships are over for good. I'm permanently single now, free as a (painted) bird, the way it should have always been. I was stupid to have more than one relationship in my life, I should have learnt after the first one. The last one ended some time ago but I had to deal with that psycho stalker ex-girlfriend until she finally lost interest (probably got a new victim).

Seven

Seven

Rebirth
Jul 9, 2019
I'm trying to forget them and move on but I cant, I feel like I'm being choked all the time. I dont know anymore, to them I'm just some crazy unstable stalker ex. I never stalked them, I'd avoid them, still I just hope for one day they come back but they wont. Forever I'll be Villian in their eyes. Just like that, I was promised so much, we were going to have a future. They told me they would never leave, yet here I am damaged and alone. I would have rather died then deal with this pain. I keep trying new things, obsessing over self improvement but it just doesnt feel good. I dont know maybe I just need to keep walking. Even if I'm not living just keep walking. Noone else matters, maybe I was meant to be alone. Alone forever, maybe it was a lie, a convenient lie.. I guess it's better I close my heart, close it forever and become ice cold. I feel it in my body a coldness I cant get rid of

Last edited:
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Yes. But she's on the other side of the "feckin' planet" as she puts it.

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Technically.

I long for who I was before physical illness and pharmaceuticals ravaged my body, destroying it from the inside out. I miss being able to run for miles. I miss being able to climb. I miss being able to do MMA. I miss being able to win fights against larger opponents.

We're allowed to miss ourselves, right...?

• Hugs
Reactions: k75, glk and not_a_robot
Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019

sounds like me..nothing ever worked out..I was always the problem......if only i didnt have dual personality then maybe things wouldve turned good and i wont be thinking of ctb...but i am shattered pieces put into one and became a toxic fume in their lives.. I wished so bad that i was easier to love...but i am not

Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
Yes. I'm so goddamn lonely. I don't have any friends, let alone a girlfriend. I crave for intimacy but I know I'll never have it because I'm socially incompetent, stupid, boring and would just bring them down. When I sleep, sometimes I get good dreams where I'm with someone or have friends and those kind of dreams hurt more than nightmares, waking up just to realize it wasn't real.

• Hugs
Reactions: Saga
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I long for the past

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Technically.

I long for who I was before physical illness and pharmaceuticals ravaged my body, destroying it from the inside out. I miss being able to run for miles. I miss being able to climb. I miss being able to do MMA. I miss being able to win fights against larger opponents.

We're allowed to miss ourselves, right...?
I understand completely. I grieve myself every single day.

Reactions: Mr2005
W

wanttodie.nz

Student
Jul 24, 2019
I long for my ex wife. I desperately want her back but she doesn't. My have three kids together and were together for over 10 years. It is so painful

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
It hurts my heart to see so many people are struggling with this. Sadly, no words of comfort can be sufficient.

Anyone else long for someone who wasn't a romantic partner? I had a friend/mentor/soulmate I haven't had any contact with for 7 years. I still see them in my dreams and think of them constantly. "Time heals everything", such bullshit. My life keeps moving on, now empty and purposeless, fully aware that I fucked up my only chance at a meaningful connection with a person who was one in seven billion.

Icarus

Icarus

Jul 25, 2019
It hurts my heart to see so many people are struggling with this. Sadly, no words of comfort can be sufficient.

Anyone else long for someone who wasn't a romantic partner? I had a friend/mentor/soulmate I haven't had any contact with for 7 years. I still see them in my dreams and think of them constantly. "Time heals everything", such bullshit. My life keeps moving on, now empty and purposeless, fully aware that I fucked up my only chance at a meaningful connection with a person who was one in seven billion.

Hi IdIzrs! I feel your pain((( To make it even "better", I had a second chance and totally destroyed it because of my immaturity, selfishness and fear of commitment.

• Hugs
Reactions: thx1138