CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Almost everytime my brain tortures me. Also mornings suck sometimes, because you go from a dream to yourself and when the change is so sudden, you just realise how live sucks.

Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, Hennessy, DeadlyLiving and 8 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
Had insomnia for years. Over thinking crap I can't change, my monumental failures, lost loves, broken marriage and debt.

Reactions: Random, Hennessy, AnnihilatedAnna and 10 others
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Same here. Can't switch off. I don't recommend it, but I get around this with alcohol and a smoke. On bad nights, I'll also take a trazodone (available OTC where I live).

Edit: also, I find having a "proper think" helps, as in:
Chris Ramsey said:
How many calories does the average man burn off while having a proper think about Jessica Ennis?

Last edited:
Reactions: Random, AnnihilatedAnna, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I don't currently have a hard time falling asleep. But without the sleeping meds & weed things surely would be different.
However sometime around the age of 6 (when my dad left), I began Getting scared of sleeping In my room alone. My room & my brothers were upstairs & my mom was downstairs on other side of house. This stayed with me, & somehow morphed into a "fear/dislike " of having to fall asleep. I would get anxiety as bed time approached. This was a problem for several years & even tho it was a irrational fear, as I usually fell asleep in >15min. Yet I was still very scared about having to fall asleep. Once I was about 15 I developed panic attacks, & started seeing a doc who prescribed an ssri & benzo. I also started smoking pot b4 bed at 16 & that fear kinda went away..
Sorry key piece here is that i have OCD & my mind would just not stop & let me rest when I wanted to. I would not just think about how much I hate myself, but about how scared I was of things to come in the future.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Random, DeadlyLiving and 5 others
Eeyore

Eeyore

Aug 4, 2018
So my sleep schedule is fucked up. For example I even out my schedule and I start going to sleep at 12 or 1 am and then the next day I keep pushing that. So I lie down and I can't stop my brain from thinking terrible stuff so I watch stuff on my phone or am still on computer and then I fall asleep at 2 am. Eventually I start falling asleep at 4 am and now I am currently at that phase and am slowly starting to fall asleep at 5 am. In order to fix that I stay up one day and then it takes me two days to get back to normal. And then it goes back again, I'm just going in circles. Its fucking terrible and I am tired all the time. I still sleep with my lights on because I have nightmares every night straight out of horror movies.

Reactions: DeadlyLiving, not-2-b-the-answer, marcusuk63 and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I'm too out of it and brain fogged to have issues sleeping. My mind is just static when I close my eyes, and I feel constantly exhausted 24/7. I'm usually out within 30 seconds.

Reactions: AnnihilatedAnna, DeadlyLiving, coileanbeag and 3 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
yes , it was 6 am when i fell asleep today .

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, DeadlyLiving and not-2-b-the-answer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
This is why I get only 3 hours sleep a night on average. If I don't pass out, I lie there thinking of what a f*ck-up my life is. And I feel the worst depression first thing in the morning b/c it hits me, "Oh, right, I'm me."

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne, DeadlyLiving and not-2-b-the-answer
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
yes its 4.20am now and when i do try to go to sleep my heart start pounding and my brain wont shut off , when i wake up i`m sweating and shaking

Reactions: Random, DeadlyLiving, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
For about 15 years I've dealt with insomnia.

After about a year of it getting increasingly worse, I spent five nights in a row with zero sleep. I then began to hallucinate and took a cab to the ER.

From then until 2017, I used Xanax as needed and had it well controlled. But since I take pain meds, no doctor has allowed me Xanax since. Sleep, thus, has become a problem again.

MJ edibles can help, as well as Unisom.

Unless I take something, I'll be up all night thinking about my past fuck-ups, current problems, etc.. As soon as the inputs stop ( TV, reading, etc), my brain returns to my worries and self-recriminations.

Reactions: Random, DeadlyLiving, Tragoedia Vitae and 3 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
yes all the time

Reactions: Random, DeadlyLiving and marcusuk63
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Ever since I watched someone else die, I've not been able to "fall" asleep. I have to stay up until exhaustion knocks me out.

• Aww..
Reactions: Random, DeadlyLiving, Jodes and 2 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I haven't been able to sleep well since I was a teenager. Anxiety … depression etc …
It just sucks. :angry::angry:

Reactions: Random, DeadlyLiving, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
coileanbeag

coileanbeag

tiredness
Apr 2, 2019
I'm too out of it and brain fogged to have issues sleeping. My mind is just static when I close my eyes, and I feel constantly exhausted 24/7. I'm usually out within 30 seconds.
Second this, although I used to stay up with hurtful racing thoughts, and a bunch of other things. Now, I've killed so much brain cells and don't have the intelligence or strength to think vividly about stuff.

Reactions: Random, DeadlyLiving, Jodes and 1 other person
Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
I have fits of insomnia on a fairly regular basis because my unquiet mind won't allow me to slip into a blissful and deep slumber. Racing, repetitive thoughts, bad memories, anxieties and fears, and so on....on those days, I'm unable to fall asleep until about 6-8 am. Sometimes OTC meds help, sometimes they don't. I absolutely hate going to the doctor so that's why I haven't taken the prescription route so far. It's one of the reasons I want to CTB—the thought of putting up with this for another 50-60 years is horrifying to me.

It would be a godsend if I could somehow turn my mind off and vegetate just for the night.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, marcusuk63 and DeadlyLiving
R

r0_

Apr 3, 2019
only alcohol makes me fall asleep quickly. luckily i only need 4-5 hours, which is all youre gonna get from drinking yourself to sleep. i dont consider myself a loser but i can see why most people would. its mostly feelings of regret and no hope that keep me awake in a sober state. on the down side when i quit drinking for more than a day my detox kicks in and i dont sleep at all for ~4 days with all the fun that comes with it (yay for delirium tremens level 7).

Reactions: Random and DeadlyLiving
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
Kinda, mostly just thoughts of regret.

Reactions: Random and DeadlyLiving
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I have fits of insomnia on a fairly regular basis because my unquiet mind won't allow me to slip into a blissful and deep slumber. Racing, repetitive thoughts, bad memories, anxieties and fears, and so on....on those days, I'm unable to fall asleep until about 6-8 am. Sometimes OTC meds help, sometimes they don't. I absolutely hate going to the doctor so that's why I haven't taken the prescription route so far. It's one of the reasons I want to CTB—the thought of putting up with this for another 50-60 years is horrifying to me.

It would be a godsend if I could somehow turn my mind off and vegetate just for the night.

I have the same problem with sometimes not being able to fall asleep until 6-8 am as well. Not all the time but usually at least 3-4 in the morning. :aw:

Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, Random and Tragoedia Vitae
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Almost everytime my brain tortures me. Also mornings suck sometimes, because you go from a dream to yourself and when the change is so sudden, you just realise how live sucks.
Thing that worries me is that how you knew I was a loser... I mean you're right, but how did you know?

BpdQueen

BpdQueen

Exhausted lol
Mar 29, 2023
Same here.
It's like a switch i Cant turn off. My mind keeps me up. Selfdestructive thoughts all the time. Scenario's about anything that can go bad.
But i try to listen to a guided mediation of just wait till i finally fall asleep...

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Surprisingly no

A

ASAPLeaving

Apr 4, 2023
Nope. I go to sleep to escape the reality that I am indeed a loser, among other things.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump