L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
I'm tired of being nice to people. I'm tired of being there for them but when I need someone no on is there for me, I'm tired of people contacting me when they need something.
Wish someone in my life would understand I'm a human with emotions and my own needs not just their emotional punch bag,
not someone whom they could contact only when they need help, when they need money.

I don't know why do I do this to myself, why do I let this kind of people in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, UseItOrLoseIt, justanotherstar and 14 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to feel used! (no pun intended).
Just like you, people only asked me favors. I hated that so, I ended up having no friends and no work-mates.

Now, the only people I talk to is SS members, my dad and my students. Oh, also my dog haha. He's a great listener!

• Hugs
Reactions: EmptyManForever, ithappens, whywere and 3 others
L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
I used to feel used! (no pun intended).
Just like you, people only asked me favors. I hated that so, I ended up having no friends and no work-mates.

Now, the only people I talk to is SS members, my dad and my students. Oh, also my dog haha. He's a great listener!
My life has become same seems like only SS members and my cat is there for me.

• Love
Reactions: whywere and WornOutLife
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Of course I feel used, I pay taxes.

A good rule to follow is, don't make friends with people who wouldn't do for you what you would do for them. Being lonely will hurt for a while but you'll be better off in the long run.
Try asking for something reasonable back when they call for favors (like a few beers or something). If that gets them offended, it's probably not worth it.

• Yay!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, ithappens and Loser47
L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
Of course I feel used, I pay taxes.

A good rule to follow is, don't make friends with people who wouldn't do for you what you would do for them. Being lonely will hurt for a while but you'll be better off in the long run.
Try asking for something reasonable back when they call for favors (like a few beers or something). If that gets them offended, it's probably not worth it.
Thanks. I have started to realise this things now.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
Yes. I feel used by certain family members and used by my ex as an emotional and sexual outlet.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, stygal and Loser47
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
Yes, I'm so tired of being nice to people. I have no friends by choice because I don't trust people anymore. All people ever did was use me, hurt me and leave me. I'm better off alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: ithappens, whywere, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Massively feel used. Can't wait to die and my ' friends and family' pretend to give a shit. Because I'm no longer there for them when shit hits the fan. I'm the sheep of the family till they need something

• Hugs
Reactions: A Desperate Fool
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Being useful to others is a desirable trait in society. You should want to be someone others can rely on. The problem with that logic is when others realize the naivete of that reasoning they'll take advantage of it.

Personally, i believe this comes from only keeping certain types of people in your life. When you close yourself off it allows you a moment of breathing room to re-evaluate your situation and how you contribute to it.

I really appreciate the isolation because despite being alone, I can see who these people are very clearly. But even if you separate yourself from these people, you are still just some person and could still take the opportunity to work on yourself so you can invite better people in your life.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I'm the family dog. I am given orders and have to follow them.
Dogs have no wishes, dogs have no dreams and their repertoire of emotions is small so why should anyone pay attention to them?
Dogs live to assist humans, that is my job.

• Aww..
Reactions: DarkWolf and whywere
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
A lot of people are very manipulative and you are only useful to them for as long as they can benefit from you. Everyone uses everyone.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Amazingly no, I don't. But that's because I've made it a point to be lazy and incompetent at almost everything I do.

Although now that I think about it more maybe I have been used for things several times but I only feel used in the sense that I didn't get anything meaningful out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ithappens
Into The Void

Into The Void

Student
Mar 10, 2021
I've been taken advantage many times for my kindness. Luckily me and my GF are the same in that regard so it works out for both of us. But yeah I stopped being so nice to people because a few of them fucked me over.

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
I've always been a complete doormat but I introduced an experiment into my life to not be the first person to make contact and see what happens. Well I'm no longer a doormat, I no longer have many friends. I'm sorry you have been used my friend, you deserve better than this world has given you

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I don't feel used because I charge per hour for everything I do for anyone. If I can't charge, I simply say no. This policy hasn't let me down yet. People respect my time because it costs.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, justanotherstar and Lucien
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
I exist only to serve the needs of others and I can't even do that right.

• Hugs
Reactions: justanotherstar