F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
And what downsides are there? Are they worth taking?

ReadyOrNot?

ReadyOrNot?

gave up on life long ago
Feb 13, 2024
They stabilize me a bit but don't expect magic

Reactions: ForsakenDial
ReadyOrNot?

ReadyOrNot?

gave up on life long ago
Feb 13, 2024
Personally I don't experience any downsides. It took a while to find a medication which doesn't hurt my stomach though. I have one which is slowly absorbed over the day now

vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
What are the downsides?
Depends on the AD, I had pretty much all advertised adverse effects on SSRI: anxiety attacks, anorganism, erectile disfunction, low libido, blurred vission, nausea

But if they would have somehow helped me, I would still consider it worth it at the time. For me all they did were the effects I listed.

Last edited:
F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
Personally I don't experience any downsides. It took a while to find a medication which doesn't hurt my stomach though. I have one which is slowly absorbed over the day now
Thank you. I can't afford medications or treatment, but I was curious if there was any hope if I somehow was able to receive it.
Depends on the AD, I had pretty much all advertised adverse effects on SSRI: anxiety attacks, anorganism, erectile disfunction, low libido, blurred vission, nausea

But if it would have somehow helped me, I would still consider it worth it. For me all they did were the effects I listed.
How common are the adverse effects?

vak

vak

🏅🇨🇿
Feb 13, 2024
How common are the adverse effects?
It's stated on the leaflet and it depends on the medication/brand. I checked mine and what I listed is all 1 in 10 people, except the blurred vission which is 1 in 100. I still would recommend trying it, it really does help some people, you can be switched to a different medication or dosage and side effects are usually not permanent (altought to be fair they can be).

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Any kind of psych meds are trial and error, there can be severe side effects (like PSSD and in the worst case your brain is fucked up even more) Discuss that with your therapist/doc.

The major question is what causes your MH issues? If the issues are caused bc of external factors (e.g. stress) meds won't help unless those external factors are eliminated.

Meds can help but they also might not work, it's trial and error and the decision is up to you whether u want to try it or not.

F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
It's stated on the leaflet and it depends on the medication/brand. I checked mine and what I listed is all 1 in 10 people, except the blurred vission which is 1 in 100. I still would recommend trying it, it really does help some people, you can be switched to a different medication or dosage and side effects are usually not permanent (altought to be fair they can be).
Thank you for the information.
Any kind of psych meds are trial and error, there can be severe side effects (like PSSD and in the worst case your brain is fucked up even more) Discuss that with your therapist/doc.

The major question is what causes your MH issues? If the issues are caused bc of external factors (e.g. stress) meds won't help unless those external factors are eliminated.

Meds can help but they also might not work, it's trial and error and the decision is up to you whether u want to try it or not.
Thank you for the explanation.

Last edited:
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Studies show that the benefit generally depends on the severity of the depression: The more severe the depression, the greater the benefits will be. In other words, antidepressants are effective against chronic, moderate and severe depression. They don't help in mild depression.

Opinions vary on how effective antidepressants are in relieving the symptoms of depression. Some people doubt that they work well, while others consider them to be essential. But, like with many other treatments, these medications may help in some situations and not in others. They are effective in moderate, severe and chronic depression, but probably not in mild cases. They can also have side effects. It is important to discuss the pros and cons of antidepressants with your doctor.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ForsakenDial
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
Generally they help me a little, and I've been on a TON of ssris.
There's one that made me even more suicidal and another which drove me so insane I nearly lost my entire friendgroup bcus of how crazy it made me feel.
Outside of those two instances, they've just been Okay for me.