GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
I've been looking a lot into DNP lately, it's effects, how it kills and how some have deliberately and accidentally died with it. It is similar to cyanide in the way it affects the body.

It's fairly easy to get, even in the UK and America, it's not illegal to own, only to sell and manufacture for human consumption and if you're caught with it, you can claim it for being used to lose weight.

It's not a very pleasant death compared to SN or N, however you should be passed out for most of it, it kills in a bad way, but you're not conscious for that. Some people have died just by taking a bit too much in a dose, so if you deliberately took way more than the fatal dose, then it shouldn't be a risk of not working. As with N and SN, anti-emetics are advised along with some dieting to prevent vomiting it all up, it's got a sort of musky smell and taste too, shouldn't be too hard to ingest. It's a base, so no fizzy juices or acids before taking it.

I'm thinking of buying a fair bit of it and just taking every pill I have, and then hiding the bottle somewhere, so it can't be diagnosed. Currently, there is no way to cure DNP poisoning, there are ways to mitigate the symptoms but the main way it will kill you is hyperthermia.

Here's a good video explaining a lot about it:

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Bodybuilders use this stuff to lose weight if i remember rightly, it increases body temperature and i think thats where it can result in death.

• Love
Reactions: GoneAndForgotten
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
Bodybuilders use this stuff to lose weight if i remember rightly, it increases body temperature and i think thats where it can result in death.
Yeah, that's right :) it reduces the body's ability to create atp so your body tries harder to create it from other sources, causes your body to overheat, eventually leads to organ failure and necrosis. It essentially kills the mitochondria of your cells

Reactions: Catlovergirl and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, that's right :) it reduces the body's ability to create atp so your body tries harder to create it from other sources, causes your body to overheat, eventually leads to organ failure and necrosis. It essentially kills the mitochondria of your cells

I used to weight lift and remember reading about it, there were alot of cases where people died from it. It was advised to be extremely careful when using it. I imagine it would be available from steroid sites, there are alot of legit ones out there aswell!!!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018 and GoneAndForgotten
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
As stated, it's not a pleasant way to go, however if you take enough of it (and that isn't a lot) then you're gauranteed to die. Depending on circumstances, such as are you in a hot area, are you dehydrated, how much you took etc it can take anywhere between 2 hours to 7 hours to kill you, but even then it could be sooner and you would pass out far before then, you could even take some sleeping pills or similar to make sure you pass out. And on top of that, if you take enough then even if you're found theres not much anyone can do, especially if they don't know what you took.

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018 and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
As stated, it's not a pleasant way to go, however if you take enough of it (and that isn't a lot) then you're gauranteed to die. Depending on circumstances, such as are you in a hot area, are you dehydrated, how much you took etc it can take anywhere between 2 hours to 7 hours to kill you, but even then it could be sooner and you would pass out far before then, you could even take some sleeping pills or similar to make sure you pass out. And on top of that, if you take enough then even if you're found theres not much anyone can do, especially if they don't know what you took.

I just seen an article that a guy took it and said to his dad he would be dead in an hour, i think he had been drinking aswell!! Yeah i agree it doesn't sound a pleasant way to go, but i imagine you would pass out if the pain was too much. i remember there were alot of deaths from it back when i used to train at one point, thats why i instantly recognised what you were talking about!!

• Love
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
I just seen an article that a guy took it and said to his dad he would be dead in an hour, i think he had been drinking aswell!! Yeah i agree it doesn't sound a pleasant way to go, but i imagine you would pass out if the pain was too much. i remember there were alot of deaths from it back when i used to train at one point, thats why i instantly recognised what you were talking about!!
Yeah I read that article too, it's a sad case. I read a case report of a women with severe body dysmorphia taking it and minor overdosing and even that was enough to kill her. There's a push to get it banned within the UK so it could be as rare as SN soon. I think it is only really known to people in fitness circles due to how common it was 15 or so years ago, I wasn't around for that but I still hear it pop up although the risks are much better known.

The only issues I see with it are: more painful death and possible minor brain damage from hyperthermia, but that's for accidental overdoses, just make sure to take a lot and that won't be a problem because you're dead

Reactions: LifeQuitter2018 and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah I read that article too, it's a sad case. I read a case report of a women with severe body dysmorphia taking it and minor overdosing and even that was enough to kill her. There's a push to get it banned within the UK so it could be as rare as SN soon. I think it is only really known to people in fitness circles due to how common it was 15 or so years ago, I wasn't around for that but I still hear it pop up although the risks are much better known.

The only issues I see with it are: more painful death and possible minor brain damage from hyperthermia, but that's for accidental overdoses, just make sure to take a lot and that won't be a problem because you're dead
yes your right it was many years ago when it was 'all the rage'. I did a quick google search hand all the ones listed are like 2020 etc, so obviously its still happening alot now and in use. like you said it will be mainly used in fitness circles. it is meant to be very effective, i never dabbled myself as it seemed a bit too risky (i didn't want to CTB at the time).

yeah i imagine if you took a shit load of it, that might increase the speed to death etc. i'm not an expert though.

• Love
Reactions: GoneAndForgotten
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I bought some off eBay. They made me cold sweat really bad i has to stop taking it

• Hugs
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
I bought some off eBay. They made me cold sweat really bad i has to stop taking it
It'll make you sweat a ton, probably unsociable amounts. It essentially cooks you from the inside

A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
I've used dnp a shit load of times lol.
At a certain dosage you literally lose weight just been sat at home on the sofa.
But it becomes uncomfortable just sweating and feeling lethargic.

Wouldn't even look into the idea of ctb with it, would be a horrible way to go

LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
This could be an interesting method. What about the exact dose needed? Also is there a way to make it comfortable? Like mixing it with other pills?

A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
This could be an interesting method. What about the exact dose needed? Also is there a way to make it comfortable? Like mixing it with other pills?
I used it plenty of times between 2016-2018
I got either 125mg caps or 250mg caps.
125mg once a day you'll only notice slight change in body temp.

iirc, the most I've done is 800mg for a few days. (So it's more than 800mg if taken 800mg for a few days consecutively)
Literally I couldn't sleep, I'd wake up in sweat, the bed was soaking, if I moved away from my fan which was blowing directly at me all day, id sweat. You get out of breath easily, your cum and sweat starts to turn yellow. Which stains bed sheets. I had to change bedsheets/pillows daily, sometimes sleeping on towels.
I cba to do anything. I couldn't move, since I didn't wanna sweat, and can't nap because I'd wake up in sweat.
It has a long half life so it accumulates/ builds up over time. Look up dnp accumulation times.
Say you have 100mg day one, then same again day two…the time you go to dose the next days 100mg, you'll have much more dnp in the body (like 300mg (I'm tired so look it up)

I could write about dnp for days.
dnp you can overdose easily (1-2g) and a fair few people have died from it but that would be a horrible death, literally like burning inside out.

Also, I'd probably put my money on the fact that it's hard to get DNP nowadays..probably harder than N
1g+ needed but a bit more if you search LD50.
There's no way to make dnp more comfortable. Besides eating less carbs, since doing so increases sweating.
People die from taking like a handful of pills.
Nobody sells dnp anymore since it kills, vendors don't like capping it since dnp stains everything it touches.
It's hard to cap/dose dnp correctly and consistently. If they cap too much even just the slightest it can cause the user to die/od

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
I've used dnp a shit load of times lol.
At a certain dosage you literally lose weight just been sat at home on the sofa.
But it becomes uncomfortable just sweating and feeling lethargic.

Wouldn't even look into the idea of ctb with it, would be a horrible way to go
It'd be horrible but efficient, take well over a fatal dose and it'd probably be 30 minutes of extreme heat and then you pass out, if not sooner. You do need to get over that though, but at this point it's probably the nicest method I can manage.

I don't think there's really a nice way to take it, even if you were doped up on morphine you'd probably still feel a bit uncomfortable, there's few cases of people surviving an overdose so it's not well known, the doses vary from person to person, however a few grams is enough to kill most so if you took more it'd be more effective.

I used it plenty of times between 2016-2018
I got either 125mg caps or 250mg caps.
125mg once a day you'll only notice slight change in body temp.

iirc, the most I've done is 800mg for a few days. (So it's more than 800mg if taken 800mg for a few days consecutively)
Literally I couldn't sleep, I'd wake up in sweat, the bed was soaking, if I moved away from my fan which was blowing directly at me all day, id sweat. You get out of breath easily, your cum and sweat starts to turn yellow. Which stains bed sheets. I had to change bedsheets/pillows daily, sometimes sleeping on towels.
I cba to do anything. I couldn't move, since I didn't wanna sweat, and can't nap because I'd wake up in sweat.
It has a long half life so it accumulates/ builds up over time. Look up dnp accumulation times.
Say you have 100mg day one, then same again day two…the time you go to dose the next days 100mg, you'll have much more dnp in the body (like 300mg (I'm tired so look it up)

I could write about dnp for days.
dnp you can overdose easily (1-2g) and a fair few people have died from it but that would be a horrible death, literally like burning inside out.

Also, I'd probably put my money on the fact that it's hard to get DNP nowadays..probably harder than N

1g+ needed but a bit more if you search LD50.
There's no way to make dnp more comfortable. Besides eating less carbs, since doing so increases sweating.
People die from taking like a handful of pills.
Nobody sells dnp anymore since it kills, vendors don't like capping it since dnp stains everything it touches.
It's hard to cap/dose dnp correctly and consistently. If they cap too much even just the slightest it can cause the user to die/od
Yeah, you die from hyperthermia, so your body does all it can to cool you down, you get drugs to suppress sweating so I'm not sure if you could mix them and it would be even faster.

It's still legal to buy and sell, just don't look for it on sites where its clearly for human consumption because that's where it becomes illegal for the seller. Most people just sell it as a powder now, not a capsule for those reasons. Sort of a measure your own does and leave me out of it.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
It doesn't sound pleasant at all, but it could be a way out for those who have difficulty with access to other methods. I think this is valuable information. Thank you for sharing.

Do you know about potential long term effects from a failed attempt? Or what recourse medical professionals have if you are found mid-attempt?

GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
It doesn't sound pleasant at all, but it could be a way out for those who have difficulty with access to other methods. I think this is valuable information. Thank you for sharing.

Do you know about potential long term effects from a failed attempt? Or what recourse medical professionals have if you are found mid-attempt?
It's all or nothing with this method unfortunately, the long term effects are not nice. The use of DNP long term could lead to cataracts and issues with bone marrow. Overdosing like this causes hyperthermia and if left long enough could lead to minor brain damage from the swelling caused by heat. Alongside this, there's a very high chance of kidney damage.

The doctors don't have a direct cure for dnp, however they'll try treat the hyperthermia with cooling down (likely using a saline solution) an intubator to help breathing and possibly a chemical called dantrolene, however they won't in the EU and will probably only use that in America and its still not known if its effective to treat hyperthermia

A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
It'd be horrible but efficient, take well over a fatal dose and it'd probably be 30 minutes of extreme heat and then you pass out, if not sooner. You do need to get over that though, but at this point it's probably the nicest method I can manage.

I don't think there's really a nice way to take it, even if you were doped up on morphine you'd probably still feel a bit uncomfortable, there's few cases of people surviving an overdose so it's not well known, the doses vary from person to person, however a few grams is enough to kill most so if you took more it'd be more effective.

Yeah, you die from hyperthermia, so your body does all it can to cool you down, you get drugs to suppress sweating so I'm not sure if you could mix them and it would be even faster.

It's still legal to buy and sell, just don't look for it on sites where its clearly for human consumption because that's where it becomes illegal for the seller. Most people just sell it as a powder now, not a capsule for those reasons. Sort of a measure your own does and leave me out of it.
Okay, you go take a kinda small dose of 400mg for 2/3 days and come back and let me know if you'd even attempt to try kill yourself with it.

Dude, nobody's selling legit dnp lol. if there was any legit seller of dnp then honestly go onto bodybuilding forums and sell it, I know a shit ton of people who are keen for it.

Eh? Take drugs to combat sweating on dnp? What drugs? Dude, there no way around the sweating from dnp.

If you think suicide by dnp wouldn't be too bad, or think you'd use it as a method clearly proves to me that you've never consumed dnp
Even cyanide would be more pleasant than dnp.

Last edited:
GoneAndForgotten

GoneAndForgotten

Unsure about everything
Apr 2, 2021
Okay, you go take a kinda small dose of 400mg for 2/3 days and come back and let me know if you'd even attempt to try kill yourself with it.

Dude, nobody's selling legit dnp lol. if there was any legit seller of dnp then honestly go onto bodybuilding forums and sell it, I know a shit ton of people who are keen for it.

Eh? Take drugs to combat sweating on dnp? What drugs? Dude, there no way around the sweating from dnp.

If you think suicide by dnp wouldn't be too bad, or think you'd use it as a method clearly proves to me that you've never consumed dnp
Even cyanide would be more pleasant than dnp.
It was a discussion on the drug, not a recommendation. Ofc it's not pleasant, I've been more than clear on that, it's a bad way to die. But extremely fatal, that's my point.
If you took a small dose of any fatal drug, enough to experience it but not enough to die then of course its not going to be a pleasant experience, you're living through the effects of a toxic dose, enough to see the other side of it.
I'm not debating the use of Dnp as a tool for weightless, this is it as a tool for death, where you don't neciserally need to deal with the long time after of lethargy and sweat.

I'm not sure what country you're in, but you can still buy the chemical Dinitrophenol as an agent, it's still the pure chemical and would still do the job, the only difference between it and one's sold as weight loss supplements are that they're packaged as capsules with correct dosage (as you're wanting weight loss, not death). It's the act of selling for consumption that is criminal within the UK and USA, as such supplies may be lower. Also if I wanted to sell drugs, I'd sell drugs, I'm not just going to break the law to sell to body builders because there's a demand for it.

There are also drugs that mitigate perspiration, they're called anticholinergics, Oxybutynin being the main one. They aren't designed for dnp, but with the prevention of sweating they would be effective with it (as a note, taking dnp for weightless and using anticholinergic is a terrible idea as it will prevent sweating and thus prevent your body cooling down properly, never take them unless you're planning to OD), but would help prevent some extreme sweating, that's the point I was making with that.

I've said and made it clear in almost every reply that this is an extremely volatile method, with lasting and debilitating results if failed, I've made it clear that you will be conscious for some of the bad parts of an OD of DNP. I was making this post to bring it up and discus dnp as a suicide method and last resort instead of something like SN which is significantly harder to get a hold of. I use DNP for weight loss, it's effective and feels terrible, but if you can stomach it then it could be used for suicide.