squidsponge

squidsponge

Sep 22, 2024
I can't help but think this guys business is booming thanks to this platform. Someone somewhere one day found this guy and it's been orders after orders ever since. I'm happy for him. It seems his the monopoly for people in the U.S.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It used to be the same I guess with IC and Kenneth Law until he was arrested.

I always have mixed feelings about individuals knowingly selling aides for suicide. On the one hand, I'm personally grateful to them. They're taking a massive risk and for those of us who are desperate to get out, it's such a relief to purchase a method.

On the other, I guess I do wonder about their motives. Is it some altruistic wish to help people end their suffering? Is it a fervent belief that everyone should get the right to die if they wish- and, everyone is capable of making that decision? I think for a time, KL didn't age restrict his SN and there's no way either are doing anything to assess mental competency. Or, are they just out to make money? They saw a gap in the market and, filled it.

It kind of does depend whether you think assisted suicide needs/ should have any gatekeeping. Personally, I think it does need regulation so, I can't entirely see it as a good thing. It's not something I could do- even if I were willing to take the risk. How do you know you're not selling to a 15 year old who is upset because they failed their maths test? Or, a person who suffers from psychosis and tends to act on impulse?

That said- it's not all down to them. It's mostly down to our governments in my view. If they legalised assisted suicide then, they'd be able to regulate it to prevent impulsive attempts.

Even still, it's naive to think they would permit the vast majority of people access to assisted suicide. I expect it will eventually come in but, only for terminally, chronically ill people I would think. So, I expect there will always be a market for DIY methods. Seeing as they can't regulate them, I expect they will continue to do what they can to ban them all together.