JustLain

JustLain

God in the making
Jun 15, 2023
I fear I'm reaching a popping point. I know what I need, I just can't achieve it. I've decided DIY is my only option, but I don't really know where to start with any of it. I know nothing for DIY transitioning. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or could come privately talk with me. I'm very desperate so this post is more out of panic and fear, I apologize if it is short and messy. Thank you for reading and if you respond thank you even more.

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13
mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
wdym DIY? like surely not surgery…?

JustLain

JustLain

God in the making
Jun 15, 2023
wdym DIY? like surely not surgery…?
no, def not. just need hormones and guidance till I feel comfortable enough in my own body to get a job then get on a prescription.

• Love
Reactions: mafuyu
iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
I don't really know much about diy transitioning yet but you can find a lot of resources on r/TransDIY on Reddit, they have a "wiki" tab where they explain things and list a lot of sources for further investigation.

• Love
Reactions: JustLain
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
Personally im mtf and did DIY for 2-3 years before eventually getting prescribed stuff. Bought cyproterone and estrofem off of various different websites depending on stock. It was honestly very stressful trying to keep up with everything and worrying about UK customs. Also when brexit started proper prices went up quite a lot and delays happened.

I second the r/TransDIY resources, they are what I used mainly.

One main piece of advice I would give is you really should try and do blood tests. It's expensive and might seem unneeded, like my levels were actually better when doctors checked while I was DIY than now. But I did have extremely high prolactin, like WAY above the safe maximum (almost double iirc) . I never knew cause I didn't do blood tests and just guessed.

If you're ftm I probably can't help much. But good luck. Regardless of the risks idk how bad my situation would be if I hadn't done it, don't regret it at all.

Reactions: nightocean