ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Hi everyone. I've been suffering depression for a long, long time. Been on ssris for over a decade, and here in the last year or so, I guess I built up a tolerance and they have kinda quit working.
I've been reading about ketamine therapy for depression, and how allot of people have had good results with it, but I dont think it's something my doctor even does.
So was just wondering has anyone tried DIYing it?
If so, what kinda dose, how do you take it, and how often do you do it?
Some of my friends occasionally do K recreationaly, and it's all over the DNM, so I don't think sourcing it would be hard.
Just wondering on any of your all's thoughts?
Thank you! You guys are great!

Reactions: justwannadip
Berlin

Berlin

Aug 23, 2024
Funnily I did DIY Psilocybin therapy by accident. I assume it is similar.

10 years ago I was at such a low point I set a date to CTB and decided before I do I would give it 1 year of blowing all my cash and buying hookers and taking drugs and partying as much as I wanted. first stop Amsterdam. I wanted to push my funds to as much as possible over the whole year and I decided to couchsurf in Amsterdam.

Met a wonderful guy who was really great at showing me around and we had a great time. after 2 days of nice time in Amsterdam he decided to share his home grown artisanal Mushroom stash with me. He cut it up and put it in lemonade and we sipped and then did the last chunks as a shot to get in. We racked up 12 albums of music and after 1 hour the mushrooms hit hard and kept going for 6 solid hours until I passed out. The room was expanding. Lights everywhere. Everyone I had met in my life came by to say hello. I drove a car that could fly and go on water and land. When I woke up I had such lightness to life. No more ideation or feelings of ending it. No more dread or days of lying in bed. I finally had a positive outlook on life. This allowed me to carry on my year of crazy adventures and honestly by month 9 I didn't feel like CTB at all.

Only caveat I would say is my experience is so rare. How can most people find a personal guide who has his own apartment in Amsterdam and homegrown mushrooms. Also great taste in music.

I think the reason it worked was environment and priming my brain by having a relaxed few days in Amsterdam before hitting my brain with Psylocibin. I think for Ket you need pure stuff to have the same affect. I tried street ket to do the same therapy 2 years ago and it was no where near as good as my experience with mushrooms. It felt shorter and shallower.

I can say that random trip to Amsterdam changed the whole course of my life. I hope you have some luck - maybe commercial services or trials could be the best way forward for you.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
Funnily I did DIY Psilocybin therapy by accident. I assume it is similar.
I did mushrooms years ago, back before my anxiety and depression got bad.
I might look into that.
I've heard of people micro dosing to help with some things

Berlin

Berlin

Aug 23, 2024
I did mushrooms years ago, back before my anxiety and depression got bad.
I might look into that.
I've heard of people micro dosing to help with some things
It certainly was not a microdose and all the scientific literature I have read does involve a high purity and high volume dose in a safe known environment with relaxing music - they have protocols in scientific literature. Might be worth looking into since its been a few years i had access to uni credentials to look up medical journals. Sometimes uni libraries help you out and give you access under supervision if you tell them you are doing some research on your own.

I assume the protocols for ket are similar.

Reactions: ham and potatoes
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I tried. Ended up doing 3 grams a day. For a while I felt no longer depressed and so I don't regret it at all: I seemed to eventually enjoy life, make music, see friends, do what a normal human being does. But I also made a few mistakes (hypomanic state) and ended up with a STD.
After two months and a half of intensive DIY ketamine therapy, depression came back and I was just fucking high all day. Withdrawal was very hard, terrible. Now I do ket every now and then, I buy 5g off the darknet every month, get high for a day or two, and then go back to normalcy. It no longer makes me feel happy, but sometimes just being high is fine.