D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
Say you burned a disposable bbq then waited until the charcoal was grey then put it in car how long do you think you would have to wait outside car before getting in to guarantee you would be unconscious within 3 minutes?

Reactions: RedDEE
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Hard question to answer. There's more variables to this question than just the time - it also depends on how much charcoal you use. Normally you'd only need 2-3 pounds of charcoal in an enclosed space such as a car - and then if you waited 10-15 minutes until you got into the car, that would be good enough for you to go unconscious in about 10-15 minutes maybe? Now let's say you doubled that, and used 5/6 pounds of charcoal. That's gonna be producing twice as much CO. And if you wait two times as long, let's say 30-40 minutes. That's going to be a massive amount of CO in the car.

In my opinion, if you used 6 pounds of charcoal, and wait 40 minutes before you get into the car, that's going to put you unconscious QUICK. It's hard to quantify - but if you use my measurements, I believe you'll be out roughly somewhere between 2 to 6 minutes.

The charcoal method is an excellent method. You go unconscious so quick, and your brain never panics. Completely painless. Good luck!

Last edited:
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Just don't set the car on fire. Someone posted they'd put it on the passenger side floor and it melted the glove box. I guess if it's too near the glass it might shatter it.

RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Just don't set the car on fire. Someone posted they'd put it on the passenger side floor and it melted the glove box. I guess if it's too near the glass it might shatter it.

Yeah, setting the grill on the passenger side floor right under the glove box was really stupid. Remember people, heat rises!

Also, I would like to add that my measurements are highly approximated. Also, the size of the car is a big factor too.

Why do you want to be unconsious in under 3 minutes?

D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
Yeah, setting the grill on the passenger side floor right under the glove box was really stupid. Remember people, heat rises!

Also, I would like to add that my measurements are highly approximated. Also, the size of the car is a big factor too.

Why do you want to be unconsious in under 3 minutes?
I think once you are unconscious with carbon monoxide death ensues rapidly. I just want it to be quick. I dont want to wait an hour knowing I am going to die.
If anyone is using this method just be careful where you choose your spot as you don't want somebody "saving you". Also do anyone of you know if I should put a warning about poison gas? I obviously wouldn't want anyone succumbing to the carbon monoxide?

Last edited: