spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
I am the only one who just hates the human race?
How they destroy nature and think they only have the right to live on this planet or people who are far too selfish. The system in which you are just a number, or your 9/5 job that keeps you alive. The homeless on the street, the suffering, hatred and injustice. We are all just robots who have a job in this system.
We all living the dream, huh?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, N33dT0D13, sserafim and 17 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
tbf, you mentioned things that show people dont care. so they are "living the dream" because they dont care that things arent ok, they only care that they are

• Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza, CTB Dream and actual_fox
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
The fever dream It looks like for me.
But I am no homeless really, nor starving, nor in warzone.

Nature is brutal and Imo If something exist then It is natural. Machines might be very advanced organisms.
Maybe buildings are also organisms? They have heating to maintain constant temperature and walls to guard themselves from external environment, they exchange air and liquids. They have little servants that create more of the houses. We might be for houses what mitochondria are for the cell- doing majority of heavy work.

• Informative
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, hungry_ghost, WonderingSoul and 1 other person
T

ThereIsNoJustice

There's Just Us...
Oct 18, 2022
tbf, you mentioned things that show people dont care. so they are "living the dream" because they dont care that things arent ok, they only care that they are
Yep. The Selfish Gene in action.

Reactions: sserafim, CTB Dream and actual_fox
LucyB

LucyB

Cowards be like "be safe".... I be like "Be FREE"
May 7, 2022
I am the only one who just hates the human race?
How they destroy nature and think they only have the right to live on this planet or people who are far too selfish. The system in which you are just a number, or your 9/5 job that keeps you alive. The homeless on the street, the suffering, hatred and injustice. We are all just robots who have a job in this system.
Yea we are living the dream. This life is a "dream" (row your boat life is but a dream). We live in prison that's set up for people to suffer. Unfortunately people act like they love it here or they just don't care. Life is not suppose to be like this. We are prisoners in a war on the highest level. Maybe one day people will care enough to look for answers

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, hungry_ghost and CTB Dream
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Yea we are living the dream. This life is a "dream" (row your boat life is but a dream). We live in prison that's set up for people to suffer. Unfortunately people act like they love it here or they just don't care. Life is not suppose to be like this. We are prisoners in a war on the highest level. Maybe one day people will care enough to look for answers
r/escapeprisonplanet

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost, WonderingSoul and CTB Dream
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Not even 9-5 job covers cost of living for many now.

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim, Green Destiny and 4 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
me 2

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul and CTB Dream
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
In all my 66 plus years on this planet I have never understood most humans and their perpent ache for being so damn greedy, egoistical, self-centered and the whole ball of wax.

Case in point, when my "parents" died, they kicked me out at 18 and I never heard from them again, 100% their choice, they left my younger sister a hobby farm and cash and my older brother got 4 million U.S. dollars and I got zero. I pleaded with both of them to at least let me have 1 heirloom and both said take a hike. also, in business for over 45 years I have seen so, so much greed and backstabbing that it makes me sick even thinking about it at all.

We are all different BUT also all the same and in the entire course of existence, we should love, care and look out for each other. One leaves with what came with ZERO.

Love and caring to all here on SS, my beloved family.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13, Forever Sleep, callme and 8 others
spectraltease

spectraltease

Sep 23, 2022
Yes but I care?
The fever dream It looks like for me.
But I am no homeless really, nor starving, nor in warzone.

Nature is brutal and Imo If something exist then It is natural. Machines might be very advanced organisms.
Maybe buildings are also organisms? They have heating to maintain constant temperature and walls to guard themselves from external environment, they exchange air and liquids. They have little servants that create more of the houses. We might be for houses what mitochondria are for the cell- doing majority of heavy work.
This is your dream? This is that dream? Why are there homeless? Why is there starving? Why is there war zones? These all problemes of the society we live in.
You talk about problems created by humans.
We just live in dystopia, this isn't the dream.
The existence of the human race is just disgusting.
Humans are animals that uses their environment as an advantage. Does it make it better? No.
Not even 9-5 job covers cost of living for many now.
Yeah you will work your ass off for a little amount of money your whole life.
Yes we are prisoners of our own.
Is this planet bad? No.
Is the human race bad? Yes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LONE WOLF. and CTB Dream
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally find it tragic how human life exists on this earth in the first place. All life is unnecessary, there was never a reason for life to be a thing. Creating life is just creating suffering that will inevitably be experienced and inflicted on others. How could anyone not be disgusted by the human race. Human beings are responsible for a lot of the endless cruelty that exists in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, sserafim, gomenasai and 1 other person
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Million % agree with you. Literally breaks my heart and makes me sick. Sometimes I think we're in a movie or something cuz it's just so bad. I wanna help but there's only so much I can do. I hate that good things always happen to bad people it's so fucked up and I'm tired of it. It's sad I have to be grateful for mere necessities like food and a roof over my head.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim, spectraltease and 3 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I hate that people usually are so closed-minded and are only attracted by what society or trend dictates, few people are capable of having their own criteria and most of us are dragged along by society. Definitely not a place I will miss.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim, Élégie and 6 others
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Before tell reason before all anything, see all see btain all form damage injury see happen what all human cause, of course hate human never wabt be this want leave humans. This humans say thing do other die suffer mean nothing them all lie of course hate hate.
this not mention infinitly other reason human disgusting, how no hate species make world bad make other suffer make me veg potato abuse trauma injury damage all them awful

• Love
Reactions: WonderingSoul and whywere
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Yes we are prisoners of our own.
Is this planet bad? No.
Is the human race bad? Yes.
Unpopular opinion: nature itself is inherently brutal. Bigger stronger animals kill smaller weaker ones for food. Are they cruel? No, they simply obey their instincts. Is nature cruel, uh, well yes it pretty much is

• Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim, croctears and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
You raise very valid points. We are certainly not living in a dream, mine or anyone else's. People hurt each other in awful ways, I wish I could wrap my mind around "why there are war zones". I used to argue that taking away from the filthy rich might not be enough to feed all the hungry and get all the homeless of the streets, but now that I know the insane amount of money that is being poured into military budgets with the sole intent of hurting, murdering and destroying, I understand that those money actually could be enough if we used them for the good - but yes, society is fucked and we don't.
The fact that we are animals living by our instincts doesn't make anything better, but it kind of explains why the things are the way they are and instead of achieving utopia with all our fancy technology we made enough nukes to wipe out all life on Earth in a horrible fashion. Some people are afraid of AI taking over the world, but I think that would be amazing, because an AI is not going to be overtaken by an animalistic desire to dominate over others the way humans are and it will be able to actually make the world a better place. The only potential problem could be a malicious human behind the AI.
Our planet is fantastically perfect, considering how many things here are just right to support life. Are we nature's disappointment? I'm not sure. It is hard to tell if humans are good or bad.
But the part I disagree with is the claim that "humanity doesn't care about the suffering". I mean, it is kind of self-contradictory. You post it, you're upset about it - therefore, you care. And you're a human being, not some unrelated specimen, you are a part of humanity. So clearly everything isn't as black-and-white.

• Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim, Pluto and 2 others
spectraltease

spectraltease

Sep 23, 2022
The stronger kills the weaker, agree. In the animal world. Not in the human society.

Reactions: sserafim and jjwtn26
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Species. The human SPECIES.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Humans a lovely type of primate that dearly loves to steal, rape, murder, and prey on each other. Then they present themselves as so evolved and spiritual! They are neither.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am, sserafim, Élégie and 2 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I'd be ok with it if there was an off switch in the back of everyone's head. Ppl should get an easy way out of this world like there is an easy way into this world.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim and GrumpyFrog
croctears

croctears

Jan 3, 2021
Unpopular opinion: nature itself is inherently brutal. Bigger stronger animals kill smaller weaker ones for food. Are they cruel? No, they simply obey their instincts. Is nature cruel, uh, well yes it pretty much is
I absolutely agree with you. I never understood how people view only human beings as the problem in this world when you can observe just how cold and uncaring nature is as well. We are nothing more than a species that has basked in it's own hubris, unaware that we too are in a dog eat dog world. (Some of the strongest examples of how brutal animals/nature can be are the Cuckoo bird species and the female preying mantis)

• Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13 and sserafim
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
The human species is incredibly sick and dysfunctional; a species that attacks itself like an autoimmune disease. Most people don't notice the insanity because it is 'normal' here and all other reference points have been destroyed or concealed.

As a thought experiment, take any serious mental illness, and you will find that it applies to the whole human race. Antisocial personality disorder? Yep, that's how we treat the animal kingdom. Delusional disorder? Autism? Yep, we are literally in our own world.

Of course, there have certainly been moments of profound genius, which itself can be a symptom of society suffering from bipolar.

• Hugs
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim and whywere
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I absolutely agree with you. I never understood how people view only human beings as the problem in this world when you can observe just how cold and uncaring nature is as well. We are nothing more than a species that has basked in it's own hubris, unaware that we too are in a dog eat dog world. (Some of the strongest examples of how brutal animals/nature can be are the Cuckoo bird species and the female preying mantis)
I always love seeing posts from users who have been here a long time but have almost no post history - it's nearly always gold.

You're right on about this, and I think it's yet another symptom of our fixation on ourselves - we're so astonishingly unaware of the world around us that we
  1. see ourselves as somehow "separate" from nature (which makes absolutely no sense unless believes us to be recently arrived aliens or something), and
  2. think that "nature" (whatever that is) is some magical Disney fairy tale land where nothing unpleasant ever happens to anything at all
Primates murder others for seemingly tribal reasons. Dolphins engage in disturbingly rape-like behaviour. Penguins kill unfamiliar chicks for apparently no reason. Have you seen a Venus fly trap? Vines straight up kill trees, motherfucker! Either this entire world is wretched in ways that're just variations on a theme, or...well, given the pervasiveness of it, maybe that's just the score? Maybe we only label things such and such a way because it's how we perceive them from our cosmically limited and insignificant (and egotistical) human perspective.

Just like how breathing is for us an inherently two-step process, perhaps all the "badness" of the world could not possibly be extricated from it. Perhaps it just is.

• Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim and croctears
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I'm a pessimist realist, I don't get along well with most people, the optimist biases disgust me

Reactions: sserafim, callme and croctears
croctears

croctears

Jan 3, 2021
I always love seeing posts from users who have been here a long time but have almost no post history - it's nearly always gold.

You're right on about this, and I think it's yet another symptom of our fixation on ourselves - we're so astonishingly unaware of the world around us that we
  1. see ourselves as somehow "separate" from nature (which makes absolutely no sense unless believes us to be recently arrived aliens or something), and
  2. think that "nature" (whatever that is) is some magical Disney fairy tale land where nothing unpleasant ever happens to anything at all
Primates murder others for seemingly tribal reasons. Dolphins engage in disturbingly rape-like behaviour. Penguins kill unfamiliar chicks for apparently no reason. Have you seen a Venus fly trap? Vines straight up kill trees, motherfucker! Either this entire world is wretched in ways that're just variations on a theme, or...well, given the pervasiveness of it, maybe that's just the score? Maybe we only label things such and such a way because it's how we perceive them from our cosmically limited and insignificant (and egotistical) human perspective.

Just like how breathing is for us an inherently two-step process, perhaps all the "badness" of the world could not possibly be extricated from it. Perhaps it just is.
First, thank you for the kind words. Im such a lurker that I rarely post unless I think I could add something to the conversation or the topic really interests me.

Always nice to run into another fellow pessimist(albeit on the internet). As far as your reply, you're spot on. I've read a decent bit of pessimist works from the likes of Ligotti and such and I think my conclusion is cognitive dissonance. There's something inherent in the human psyche that needs to feel "self-important". Explains why so many of our human-centric issues revolve around the ego.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: N33dT0D13, sserafim, Forever Sleep and 2 others
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I'm a pessimist realist, I don't get along well with most people, the optimist biases disgust me

They are inherently selfish. It's intuitively understandable positive thinking doesn't apply to any situation as it happens, more like a positive sequence of events, subjectively. To whom? To the person viewing it. Positive thinking then means nothing without realistic expectations, without opportunities and action, therefore inherently a good happenstance to the same person for his own ends.

It's simply mighty easier than trying to make good for anybody else

Reactions: sserafim and Euthanza
tvoisluga

tvoisluga

trapped in a body
Dec 22, 2023
My last bitch said "you wont kill yourself". I will but i will make sure you never have the satisfaction of finding out. Crazy cunt.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Humans have transcended nature though. I don't consider humans to be part of nature. We live in our concrete jungles. We're civilized and live in societies. We're not savages. There are rules and laws in place to control us and keep human nature in check. We live under artificial systems and structures of money, society, capitalism, wageslavery, etc. We're far removed from the rest of nature. Nature doesn't need us. We're not part of the food chain. The other species would be perfectly fine without us. It would even be better for the other species if humanity died off because we result in massive amounts of destruction. Every few seconds, another species goes extinct. The planet's resources are being depleted. Climate change is happening. Humans caused all of this. We're honestly harmful to the planet. It would be better for the planet if we went extinct

Last edited: