Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I was looking up information on the criminalization of suicide attempts, and I found this quote on the Wikipedia page on Suicide attempt: "It may be referred to as a "failed" or "unsuccessful" suicide attempt, though these terms are discouraged by mental health professionals for implying that a suicide resulting in death is a successful and positive outcome."

Oh, no! We can never ever view death as positive, especially if someone fully consents to their end and their departure is as painless as possible. No, we have to keep everyone in absolute terror of death, regardless of their agony or how much they abhor their existence. By that logic, if death is the most horrific outcome that everyone will undergo at any time, why subject new human beings to such grotesque ends? Oh, of course! Most humans don't run on logic. The whims of breeders (and other humans in their designated social groups) always surpasses the suffering of their offspring. Anthropocentrism dictates that humans can triumph everything, including death. And pure altruism doesn't exist.

Then again, it's no surprise considering that mental health enforcers are one of the major enforcers of conformity in modern civilization. They have an immense influence on life preservation, all for the maximum exploitation, control, and domination of every human being. (On a related note, I just stumbled onto how conformity increases depression due to the toxic effects of social rejection impacting most human minds. Gee, I wonder why shrinks aren't really addressing this issue. Hmmmmm...)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: painfulwords, groupe_tracker, sorrowful and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think that if suicide was accepted as being an acceptable and valid option that is actually something positive for the person who has left this world as it prevents all future harms, then maybe mental health "professionals" wouldn't profit from people's suffering so much.

Reactions: groupe_tracker, wesv, PoisonousPotato and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
One can tell when they are pushing an agenda with their usage of language. A failed or unsuccessful attempt is just that.

Sure, some people who do not complete a suicide go on to find new meaning and live fulfilled lifetimes, while others will continue to suffer until their inevitable death by some other means. We have no way of knowing what is truly positive or negative.