WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I wonder if it's best to leave a suicide note or just leave a note saying I've gone somewhere to start a new life and want no further contact, and then ctb in a different country in a remote location where it will be difficult to find my body.
I'm thinking this because it will be easier to ctb without all the unnecessary drama involved in a suicide for my family, such as having the police inform my family that I'm dead, identifying my body at the mourge and all the crap involved as regards a funeral.
Will it be better them thinking that I've gone and joined a Buddhist monastery or a hippy commune , yet want zero contact with them and have them wondering if I'm OK for years to come, or have them know exactly what has happened to me as regards suicide ?

Reactions: FRUSTRATED MIND
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I dnt know, I think disappearance note is worse somehow. Keep the hopes until they find out - and they will regardless. Waste police time and effort, may cause even more trouble, idk.
I'd reather let it clear what actually happened. Just my opinion tho

Reactions: Pipsqueak!, DoomValuer, emptymiku and 3 others
Golden

Golden

Nov 16, 2023
I believe a suicide note is much better. I think one's family members and friends could have a very hard time understanding why you'd want to disappear and they could potentially suffer immensely from the uncertainty of what has happened to you. And even if you "disappear" they would still practically lose you regardless. I think giving as detailed of a suicide note as possible of the reasons you did it is the least painful way for your loved ones

Reactions: Pipsqueak!, emptymiku, FRUSTRATED MIND and 1 other person
lucyna

lucyna

barely active / recovering
Aug 22, 2023
suicide note is definitely a better choice in my opinion, it's the best option for your close ones too.

Reactions: emptymiku and WAITING TO DIE
T

the_summoning

Nov 8, 2023
Suicide note will give them some semblance of closure as opposed to you going "missing" and they have no idea where you are. Families of missing people are in a constant hell because of the not knowing. They'll be sad for sure if/when you ctb but at least they'll have an answer and that can make all the difference in how they go about processing their grief.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
if you just go "missing" they might be in wonder for years to come. it might tear them every day wondering if your okay or where you are or what happened, why you chose to do this, etc. that empty space where you are gives them room to imagine, they'll create synarios and stories in their head, maybe you'll come back one day, etc.
with the suicide note, it give them a sort of peace. they still might be devastated, but at least they'll know (or hope) that your in peace finally, and they'll "know" where you are at least. it'll give them less questions than if you went missing. they'll still have questions, but less than that.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
You can do both maybe? Disappearance note, but leave a suicide note with your body somehow? In case they find out. I highly doubt you're untraceable lol aren't all phones have GPS tracking?