L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Am filling in the dreaded PIP form and apparently not being able to get out of bed isn't enough description for why I don't cook or eat for myself etc or perform basic living tasks.

It is for me low motivation and hopelessness and I don't get out of bed. If I take one of the pills I have that increases my motivation I can get out of bed. Which shows me it is chemical that I don't get out of bed. but if I just write I don't have motivation and don't get out of bed than that isn't enough.

I hope that makes sense - can anyone help me with adding any tips for completing this form with mental illness and how to do the not getting out of bed bit...

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Dead Ghost
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I wouldn't mention the pills, because explaining to them that it's chemical, they're just gonna tell you to take the pills and get on with it.

Mention the low motivation and hopelessness, and describe how that affects you. You can't get out of bed, so you need regular assistance in feeding yourself, bathing, and carrying out daily tasks, and explain how your health would deteriorate without this support.

Would honestly consider having a chat to citizens advice and getting their input on filling it out. I did one once for mental health, and as soon as I went for my in person appointment they said 'well, you came here today, so you can't be that mentally ill' and gave me a score of 0. My mum, who has some debilitating health conditions as well as mental health, had the same experience. I didn't fight mine, but my mum fought hers, she got advice from citizens advice, took it to court and it was remarked and she got full marks unsurprisingly.

They don't want to award it to anyone, especially not for mental health, so you need to be very clear on how debilitating it is and focus on everything you can't, or might not be able to do rather than what you could potentially do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Dead Ghost, achromatic and 2 others
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I don't know how it is in the UK, but in Spain you simply attach the medical reports to the request and start the process. The explanation is purely personal and is not used to evaluate anything, only for the subsequent interview to find out how you feel about what you have put in and how the different disorders or illnesses diagnosed affect you in your day-to-day life.

Obviously, without medical reports to support your arguments, they will not give you the disability.

//

No se pas com és al Regne Unit, pero a Espanya simplement has d'adjuntar els informes médics a la petició i iniciar el tràmit. L'explicació es purament personal i no s'usa per evaluar pas, només de cara a la posterior entrevista per saber com et sents respecte al que has posat i com t'afecten els diferents trastorns o enfermetats diagnosticats en el teu día a día.

Evidentment sense informes médics que sustentin els teus arguments no et donaràn pas la discapacitat.

//
//

Edit:
I'm looking up the information because I think I made a mistake in directing it to you. Excuse me

//

Estic consultant la informació perquè crec que m'he equivocat a l'orientar-te. Disculpa'm

Last edited: