S

stopmesuffering

Aug 15, 2024
Dignitas - anyone know what paperwork in particular are needed? Do you need your spouse's birth cert?

Reactions: helloleaf and ladylazarus4
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Not looked at Dignitas, but if it's similar to Pegasos, you need marriage / divorce certificates and feel comfortable explaining what conversations you've had with your family.

Are you looking to progress Dignits at the moment?

S

stopmesuffering

Aug 15, 2024
My husband won't give me his birth certificate so I can't apply
So basically if your family aren't on board then neither Pegasos or Dignitas will allow you?

Last edited:
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
I can't respond re Dignitas criteria. But, Pegasos won't necessarily discount you if you can't get your partners support, but they will question it. As long as you can explain your situation and have enough medical info to support an application, I think they'll consider you.

R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
Having gone through the process with Pegasos, this is what you need:

1. Passport
2. Birth certificate
3. Marriage certificate or divorce, or letter signed by you stating you're single if you are
4. Proof of address
5. Medical records stating your condition
6. Panoramic dental x-ray if travelling alone
7. Completed application stating your reasons for applying, diagnosis, prognosis, impact on quality of life, family history, medical history, personal info, employment and education history

Think that's my most of it.

• Informative
Reactions: CatLvr, opheliaoveragain, excinephile and 2 others
Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024

1. Passport
2. Birth certificate
3. Marriage certificate or divorce, or letter signed by you stating you're single if you are
4. Proof of address
7. Completed application stating your reasons for applying, diagnosis, prognosis, impact on quality of life, family history, medical history, personal info, employment and education history

How did you go about getting your dental xray?

S

stopmesuffering

Aug 15, 2024
What happens if your family won't support or travel with you?

Last edited:
B

bluebirds

Jun 15, 2023

1. Passport
2. Birth certificate
4. Proof of address

Did you have a prognosis from a doctor that said your case will get worse or Is that something the applicant tells pegasos directly?

usually doctors downplay diagnosis and state that there are still treatments that can be tried

Reactions: Jarni
PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

Experienced
May 3, 2024
My friend tried to apply a year or so back but once they realised/found out it was regarding her mental health (she tried to cover it by making out her physical disabilities were why she was applying, not adding that they were the result of suicide attempts) they flat out refused to help or consider her case.

• Aww..
Reactions: CatLvr
Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
My friend tried to apply a year or so back but once they realised/found out it was regarding her mental health (she tried to cover it by making out her physical disabilities were why she was applying, not adding that they were the result of suicide attempts) they flat out refused to help or consider her case.
This is what im worried about, i suffer from a chronic urinary tract infection, which has resisted multiple rounds of antibiotics but i also have mental illness in my history. Would they refuse me on these grounds?
This is what im worried about, i suffer from a chronic urinary tract infection, which has resisted multiple rounds of antibiotics but i also have mental illness in my history. Would they refuse me on these grounds?
I cant belive how bizarre my case is to be honest. I just want to go. I cannot believe how much ptsd I have as a result of being physically ill for so long. I think people will understand why I ended this, it is unsustainable and nobody can live like this, I hope God forgives me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CatLvr and Bear1234
PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

Experienced
May 3, 2024

I cant belive how bizarre my case is to be honest. I just want to go. I cannot believe how much ptsd I have as a result of being physically ill for so long. I think people will understand why I ended this, it is unsustainable and nobody can live like this, I hope God forgives me.
I think the moment they clock on to your mental health, they'll refuse. I would find it very hard to imagine a doctor writing supporting evidence for you to be 'taken on' by dignatas without mentioning a mental health history, especially as I'd imagine the forms from dignatas would be very thorough, and at that point, they'll shut it down. What happened with the other place a while back pegasos and it gaining national attention due to what happened, I suspect dignatas would be treading very carefully.

Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
I think the moment they clock on to your mental health, they'll refuse. I would find it very hard to imagine a doctor writing supporting evidence for you to be 'taken on' by dignatas without mentioning a mental health history, especially as I'd imagine the forms from dignatas would be very thorough, and at that point, they'll shut it down. What happened with the other place a while back pegasos and it gaining national attention due to what happened, I suspect dignatas would be treading very carefully.
I wonder if Pegasos are more lenient? I think they just need evidence of your physical illness. I know some members have gone down this route.

I

IwantHappiness

May 31, 2024

1. Passport
2. Birth certificate
4. Proof of address

hi how much does it cost to die? Ty

R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
hi how much does it cost to die? Ty
Approximately 10,000 CHF or more if a psychiatric assessment and dental records are required. 1,200 CHF for the psychiatric assessment and 1,300 CHF if travelling alone and dental records required to identify you after death.

Reactions: IwantHappiness
S

stopmesuffering

Aug 15, 2024
I'm having issues getting a diagnosis, the doctors are saying I'm a complex case. I have painful vibrations all over my body but nothing showing up on tests. I feel lost when it comes to applying

• Hugs
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and CatLvr
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
I wonder if Pegasos are more lenient? I think they just need evidence of your physical illness. I know some members have gone down this route.
I read the website and a lot of the information is kind of vague. But it seems to me that you just have to prove you can give informed consent. Also, it's unclear to me whether you need to have a physical illness.

I

invalidrev

Sep 15, 2024

1. Passport
2. Birth certificate
4. Proof of address

Is the original birth certificate sufficient? On their website they mention 'reissued birth certificate" - I have no idea what that is, or whether it is even available in my country

H

helloleaf

May 30, 2024
Is the original birth certificate sufficient? On their website they mention 'reissued birth certificate" - I have no idea what that is, or whether it is even available in my country
The birth certificate has to be re-issued within 6 months

Reactions: invalidrev