S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
I wanted to share that Dignitas do have a hardship fund for those who otherwise couldn't afford it. Please note that just as its a arduous process to be accepted for assisted suicide with them, and having to provide a lot of evidence and speak with their doctors face to face in Switzerland to get the green light to go ahead, which can take months, evidence of financial hardship and income and expenditure sheets are also required to get the fee reduction.

I had my letter today telling me that my fees have been reduced to 500 CHF which converts to around £423 GBP. This includes all costs including the induction cost, membership fees, preparation costs (including seeing their doctors and counsellors, getting the prescription, admin and staff costs, accommodation etc) and cremation and funeral costs.

Note that any fee reduction would be adjusted according to your own financial circumstances so the price I'm paying will be different to what they might require from you.

This is a massive difference to the on average £7000-£10000 cost of assisted suicide with Dignitas and makes it far more within my reach.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr, LittleBabyNothing, JipJopMop and 4 others
angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
I wanted to share that Dignitas do have a hardship fund for those who otherwise couldn't afford it. Please note that just as its a arduous process to be accepted for assisted suicide with them, and having to provide a lot of evidence and speak with their doctors face to face in Switzerland to get the green light to go ahead, which can take months, evidence of financial hardship and income and expenditure sheets are also required to get the fee reduction.

I had my letter today telling me that my fees have been reduced to 500 CHF which converts to around £423 GBP. This includes all costs including the induction cost, membership fees, preparation costs (including seeing their doctors and counsellors, getting the prescription, admin and staff costs, accommodation etc) and cremation and funeral costs.

Note that any fee reduction would be adjusted according to your own financial circumstances so the price I'm paying will be different to what they might require from you.

This is a massive difference to the on average £7000-£10000 cost of assisted suicide with Dignitas and makes it far more within my reach.

View attachment 47969
Thats great im pleased for you . Have they given you a date yet . have you now gathered everything you require for it and been given the green light .
I was in touch with them but there is an awfull lot to acquire and to see to ,and im not very good at dealing with registrars for birth certificates etc n all the stuff from doctors thats needed ,passports etc . and to get all the other paper work. seems a mammoth undertaking i couldnt get my head round it .
I hope you have passed it all and been given a date .

Last edited:
Reactions: Stepheng7287
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020

View attachment 47969
How old are you and what is your condition? Your so lucky u got in this is a dream for me im literally saving up money just to apply but im scared they will reject me. Im considering pegasos instead of dignitas though.

Reactions: TerminallyAlive
S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
I'm 42 and have a long list of complex conditions
Thats great im pleased for you . Have they given you a date yet . have you now gathered everything you require for it and been given the green light .
I was in touch with them but there is an awfull lot to acquire and to see to ,and im not very good at dealing with registrars for birth certificates etc n all the stuff from doctors thats needed ,passports etc . and to get all the other paper work. seems a mammoth undertaking i couldnt get my head round it .
I can pick the date after I get the green light from their doctors
I had everything I needed because the court ordered it through the care proceedings, medical reports, psychological assessments etc.. So I just forwarded all that

Last edited:
angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
I'm 42 and have a long list of complex conditions

I can pick the date after I get the green light from their doctors

I had everything I needed because the court ordered it through the care proceedings, medical reports, psychological assessments etc.. So I just forwarded all that
Thats was helpfull for you then . you are in uk arent you , will they help with your flights and accomodation to get there etc .

S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
Thats was helpfull for you then . you are in uk arent you , will they help with your flights and accomodation to get there etc .
No help with flights or additional nights accommodation if I want to make a holiday of it first but they have their own accommodation for the assisted suicide itself

angie

angie

need to exit
May 25, 2018
No help with flights or additional nights accommodation if I want to make a holiday of it first but they have their own accommodation for the assisted suicide itself
Thats ok then i hooe it all works out for you .B e a weight off your mind ,hope you dont have to wait long .:hug::hug:

S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
Thats ok then i hooe it all works out for you .B e a weight off your mind ,hope you dont have to wait long .:hug::hug:
Thank you, yes it has already brought a degree of relief from my suicidal immediacy

Reactions: Metalhead
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I deleted your letter as it contained your name and I wouldn't want your privacy to be compramised love.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019

Very useful, thank you

• Love
Reactions: Sweetfa
S

Sweetfa

Feb 17, 2020
Update: my next step is that they require a full evaluation and report from an independent psychiatrist who has never met me before and isn't treating me.

I've enquired and booked, costs £525 for an hour and a half evaluation with senior psychiatrist, and due to ethical reasons it requires the senior position. Then the report will be between £80-200 depending on how long it takes to write.

Any left over time from the evaluation will go toward the cost of the report.

I managed to discount my evaluation to £525 and the secretary suggested that when I call to order the report to ask for a discount with that too.
Screenshot 20201020 162738
Screenshot 20201020 162511 comgoogleandroidappsdocs

Last edited:
J

JipJopMop

Mar 6, 2021
Heya, how did you get on with the assessment? I am thinking of going down the Dignitas route but I'm worried I won't get accepted. The fee reductions would make it more possible though so I'll look into it

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Heya, how did you get on with the assessment? I am thinking of going down the Dignitas route but I'm worried I won't get accepted. The fee reductions would make it more possible though so I'll look into it
Believe she might be gone her "last seen" date was Nov 4