tea on clouds

tea on clouds

a boy who still lives
Jul 8, 2020
My parents are paying a lot for my career and I am screwing it up. I didn't have the chance to get a job yet, so I can't pay it by my own. I've been really depressed lately and ended up procrastinating the whole semester. Now the exams are coming and I'm anxious and desperated. I don't know what to do, what should I tell my parents? Has someone been in a similar situation? I would appreciate any of you's answer

• Hugs
Reactions: vold3m0r†, patheticpartner, death137 and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The same has happened to me when I was younger.
The best move here is to be honest and explain to them that you couldn't keep up with your studies during these months but will do your best next time.

They will get angry and all that stuff, but what other option do you have? If you don't tell them anything, trust me, it'll make things worse sooner or later.

Btw, make sure to study next time and if you're still uninterested/depressed/anxious, consider a change of career.

(I wanted to be a vet, doctor, engineer and I ended up as a teacher. It's never too late)

• Love
Reactions: Killia, patheticpartner, death137 and 2 others
Querlista

Querlista

Jan 12, 2021
I spent 7 semesters at uni trying to not procastinate and actually do what I need to do all whilst my parents paying for me so I get where you're coming from.
Do you think you could explain it to them? Will they be understanding?

It's an awful feeling to not acheive what you wanted to but trust me there will be another chance to do so. It's nearly impossible to concentrate on studying when you are depressed, try to not beat yourself up about it! Try to treat yourself as you would treat a dear friend who just told you the exact same situation as yours. Ik it's really hard but try to be soft with yourself.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: tea on clouds and ansiedad
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I'm sorry that you go through it, I also had my problems with studies, I repeated high school and then the middle cycle of computer science. The latter was quite expensive and I had a hard time telling my mother. I suppose it must be very difficult for you to find motivation right now, but do you think you have a chance if you give your all? I gave up and ended up passing the following year. In my case my mother already had an idea and it was simpler ... your parents hope that you will pass? If this is the case, I would explain it to them.

• Love
Reactions: tea on clouds, Querlista and ansiedad
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Do you think your parents will understand you if you explain it to them? If you are not in danger then I'd say you could explain it to them but if you think you'll be in danger then that's another story..

I had a similar problem and I just had to explain it to my parents, but my parents aren't abusive or something so it wasn't a big problem. (I mean it was but they were understanding)

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and tea on clouds
tea on clouds

tea on clouds

a boy who still lives
Jul 8, 2020
Thank you all for you messages! I talked to them, and as expected, they were angry and all. But at least, and the best part, is that I feel I did the right choice, I'm proud of myself. They understood my point so all I have left is to try again, study harder and see what comes out of it. But all of that because of y'all messages, couldn't do it without you guys. Big hug :hug::hug:(I mean, seriously, seems like a silly problem but the feelings I had were real, I wish and hope you all see your existence more than worth for at least helping this dumby student(me)).

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, Querlista, Fehler and 1 other person