N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I hope it is okay to write this here. It is not a polarizing topic. I could not find it in English so I have no good link. (Another term for it might be to give consent to an interview). I think there is not such a policy in the UK or the US. And I can say this is also a very smart choice.

This concept is so stupid. I think in central Europe (like Germany) this concept is very widespread and applied in most cases.
Reading interviews of politicians is so boring in my country. They have to give consent to publish it. Often they negotiate with the magazines. Retrospectively they often change words or even passages. One could say it is all a lie or a charade. Especially when they recognize they said something stupid or controversial they simply demand changes. Honestly when this is the usual pratice they should not publish any interviews at all (in a written form). In my opinion this is a scandal and hypocrisy. Often I think in my country there are some advantages compared to other countries. But in this case I envy the US or UK.

I think one powerful German politician gave an interview to an American newspaper and was angry afterwards that she could not change the text retrospectively. This is so ridiculous.

I think more people should know this fact. Sadly I don't know in which countries this is the practice. But in Germany it sadly is.

• Informative
Reactions: rationaltake