mlha

mlha

Ex falso quodlibet
Nov 7, 2021
I've seen @OrcWitch post where she likens yearning for a child to first crushes and I'm here thinking about it, that I didn't have such crushes and when I'm thinking about it more I also didn't have random boners. And when I see the endless reddit submissions about random boners I've become suspicious that it's highly abnormal and that it could play a role that my arousal is diminished after taking antipsychotics.

Did you have crushes and random boners as an adolescent?

Reactions: Sherri, Circles, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 1 other person
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
When I was young my boner was almost permanent. It was more like I had rare random non-boners. The hormones were pure hell. Then again, they still are...

Watch a horror movie, boner, play a game, boner, talking to friend, boner, sit down to eat with family, boner, try to sleep, boner, wrestling class, boner, stand up in class, boner, locker room, boner, grocery store, boner, masturbate, boner, masturbate again, boner, hammer it out another dozen times, boner... Was a bloody nightmare to say the least. You didn't have to be turned on by anything, it just happened. But, it did/does make you think about women almost nonstop and can impair your decision making process. Discipline is something you have to practice.

Testosterone is an insanely powerful hormone. Its job is to make you a hunter, fighter and a lover to spread your seeds. It does a very good job at it, even when you don't want it to.

With all that said, everyone produces different amounts and we are all different. Yes, drugs, diet, trauma and a hundred of others things can have affect your arousal. This is something you have to discuss with a doctor.

• Yay!
Reactions: Sherri, Circles and mlha
Enigmatic Sailor

Enigmatic Sailor

vicissitudes of fate...
Oct 29, 2021
I had a crush on my cousin in my early teens. I snapped out of it quickly and realized what I was thinking was wrong and immoral. I think I have a few screws loose from that moment in time and to now.

Reactions: Circles and mlha
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
No, not really.

I "pretended" to have those crushes and "feelings" in an attempt to be "normal". But I didn't "believe" in those feelings.

The shit going on at home continued to drive me up a wall. I had a separated self from reality.

Over the counter drug abuse to "cope" with the screaming and fake 911 calls.

Fake "relationships" trying to understand people.

Oh well.

If I had to tell my younger self something, it would be "don't look for fake love in others to fill the empty spaces of having a lousy parent and crappy siblings."

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Sherri, Circles and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I had mild crushes on at least one girl every year from 1st to 4th grade. Then in 5th grade I met someone who I REALLY had a crush on. In hindsight I think the main reason I liked her was because she was really smart and willing to help me actually improve my grades which I had had no reason to care about before. Also this was right around the time my parents were divorcing so I think I became extremely attached to her because she was willing to be around me and I became so terrified that I'd be like my dad and push her away.

I ended up liking this same girl for another 9 years (ages 11-20) which I'd say pretty much makes up my entire adolescence. I was way too nervous to ever ask her out though and when I unintentionally followed her to another school district she didn't want anything to do with me anymore which caused my longing to only get even greater. I didn't want her to think I was stalking her so I ended up anti-stalking her by becoming extremely afraid to be around her for fear she would assume the worst and running away at any sign of her. If anyone else liked me during this time period I had no idea.

At prom, some of my friends forced me to confront her, well really they forced her to confront me and tried to assuage my fears. She said she was never afraid of me and that we could talk more (likely story). This should have been closure for me but as I started college I still spent another year and a half or two continuing to stew with obsession over her.

Wanna know what got me over her? Well it ended up being something even more unhealthy. What could be more unhealthy than a one-sided obsession with someone completely out of my league? Well…

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, WrongPlaceWrongTime, MeltedJello and 1 other person
kurisutinabestgirl

kurisutinabestgirl

Kurisu is best girl
Oct 14, 2021
I didn't take any medication as a teen that could hinder with my libido, yet I never truly have gotten "random" boners. It always had to be initiated by fantasizing. But I did fantasize all the time tho hahaha…

As for crushes, no real ppl, only fictional characters :)!

Reactions: Circles, WrongPlaceWrongTime and mlha
LingeringUnreal

LingeringUnreal

dumb of ass
Dec 14, 2021
I had my first (lesbian) relationship at 13ish even though I'd been on SSRIs since 10 so no sexual attraction really, just romantic. Unfortunately she passed away when I was still pretty young, 15 or 16, and I never really got any true crushes after that, just sort of stumbled into relationships over and over.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: empty, sopwithcamel, Circles and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I had a crush on my cousin in my early teens. I snapped out of it quickly and realized what I was thinking was wrong and immoral. I think I have a few screws loose from that moment in time and to now.
Fuck morals, if they were hot, I would have totally went for it :)

B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
I've never stopped having them. (The crushes I mean, boners are much more infrequent these days).

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I had a few. And before I get started I want to say I was always a shy kid so I never confronted any of them ever. One in pre school which lasted about 2 years I don't remember much besides her name being Mary. Then in elementary school first grade I saw a girl named Diana and as naive as a little boy could be I fell in love with her. I don't remember much other than the fact that I would just constantly watch her from afar as though like I'm dreaming of her and putting her on a pedestal. This lasted for 4 years until the fourth grade. I never told anyone I liked her ever and one day in the fourth grade I told a friend named Bobby that I did like her and he was such a fucking loudmouth that not a day later he told one of Diana's friends named Mandy and she eventually told Diana all about it. That day at school was so embarrassing cause half the kids in my class kept spreading the word about it and it got to me to the point where I started crying in the middle of class. Then on top of that when lunch time started I always usually ate alone at the end of the tables and I saw Diana and her group of friends including that Mandy girl sit at the same table but on the other end. I kept minding my own business depressed and playing with my food until I heard that Mandy yelled my name out. Looking back I'm assuming it was to get my attention maybe but back then I had a strong feeling that I'd get rejected by Diana on the spot and be embarrassed and depressed even more and so I didn't even bother to confront them or even look at them especially cause I was and still am so shy.
I was a weird ass kid but sad.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mlha and Dr Iron Arc
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Many, mainly actors. James Franco, Tom cruise is still hot, Brad Pitt was wow wow wow, not anymore though, time passes people change.

• Hugs
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I've had tons of crushes but by the time I was 12-ish, I hated myself enough that I just felt guilty about it since whoever this person is, they would obviously be grossed out and uncomfortable if they knew I was thinking about them that way.

So I moved onto fictional characters who can't be repulsed by me lmao. I have one who I'm pretty sure I've genuinely 100% unequivocally been in love with for over a decade now. Like I kinda HOPE I'm wrong about this since it's really sad to have a video game character be the love of your life, but I guess that's just the natural progression of things when you choose to stop having crushes on real people.

• Hugs
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
In primary school i liked a boy from my class.. dont remember much but i was sad one time and he said that he's my friend.. then i liked a guy in 9th grade from my class.. not everyone in my class were nice to him n tried avoiding him which is sad but he called me once a "goy" as in a derogatory for someones who's not jewish.. then in 12th grade i liked another guy but not from my school and was older by a year or so i think.. biggest mistake ever cause the kindness went to been mean to me and cussing n what not n just overall got me feeling small.. then in 13th grade i liked one of my classmates.. we became really good friends but in the end the teachers team took him away from me.. so thats just the way it is i guess.. oh and after school was national service i was by then 18 19 cant remember.. i liked someone in 2nd year but rejecred me cause not jewish.. then he regreted it tho i had no feelings no more.. then when had to do bit of days to complete service the year after I liked another guy but he didnt see me that way .. then after that was in some course with other people with disabilities and i ended up liking another guy ,but idk if he ever really saw me that way i just remember how once he put his hand on my leg when we played the same quiz game on phone every time i got a right answer hed put his hand on my leg and i liked it.. everything is too fucking complicated in this shit hole of a planet 😖

• Hugs
Reactions: mlha and Circles
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
I totally had the hots for Adam Ant when I was 7 or 8. Then I loved Christopher Reeves as Superman. Then a couple of years later started with crushes on teachers etc. Hormones happen, that's the only explanation I have for it.

Reactions: mlha