knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
I have experienced school therapists, absolute bullshit. They don't even know what they are doing, they just repeat the same advice over and over again and when you don't get "well" fast enough for them, they don't bother with you and give up. It proved to me people just want to help others for their own benefit. However, I can't speak for every school therapist, so I'm wondering if any of you ever had any experiences and if you can share them?

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, EternalShore, FormerlyFe(IV) and 3 others
Madao

Madao

Certified MADAO (She/her)
Mar 30, 2023
I had a school therapist. Guess when they're available? 1 out of the 5 days of the schoolweek. For 2hrs. Other than that, they're out of the building. Funny! You can't make an appointment with them, at all beforehand. I went to her once. Had me talk about all my feelings. I told her how much I was struggling at home, and how I needed help, someway to get out safely. She didn't help, just gave me advice on how to cope. I know how to cope better than she does since I had to endure my parents for 13years. So she was real helpful. Never went again.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost and Ghostmaster
knydane

knydane

Knydane
Aug 29, 2023
I had a school therapist. Guess when they're available? 1 out of the 5 days of the schoolweek. For 2hrs. Other than that, they're out of the building. Funny! You can't make an appointment with them, at all beforehand. I went to her once. Had me talk about all my feelings. I told her how much I was struggling at home, and how I needed help, someway to get out safely. She didn't help, just gave me advice on how to cope. I know how to cope better than she does since I had to endure my parents for 13years. So she was real helpful. Never went again.
EXACTLY. And they pressured me a lot into saying things, even tried to scare me into saying things. I'm easy to crack under pressure, so I spilt everything and bawled my eyes out, afterwards I felt shit and I was too scared to go again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, lachrymost, Ghostmaster and 1 other person
Madao

Madao

Certified MADAO (She/her)
Mar 30, 2023
EXACTLY. And they pressured me a lot into saying things, even tried to scare me into saying things.
they really call themselves therapists huh. this world is just so....sigh. im really sorry they did that to you, especially since you were vulnerable given you went to a therapist. :(((

Reactions: knydane
Pyxel

Pyxel

Sleepy
Sep 10, 2023
Only had one school therapist before. Didn't really help at all.

Reactions: knydane
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
No. Made the terrible mistake in middle school thinking a "counselor" = "therapist". They ignored my feelings. Prioritized making sure my Collegeboard account was set up. Gave me a pamphlet on mindfulness.
In high school, I never went to one myself and was rather sent to one. Said a few dark jokes under the school's internet and they just threatened me. It was worded really nicely, but the message was just "Stop acting up, don't be a liability to us, or we're calling the police."

• Aww..
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, FormerlyFe(IV), lachrymost and 1 other person
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
I did! I had one while I was in college and she was better than my other therapists, actually offered solutions and gave input. They even had a special room you could ask to go in for 30 min and it had all sorts of things to calm you down or meditate and even a massage chair. A massage chair! It didnt help me because im beyond help but it was kinda nice.

What's sad is my parents hated the idea of this. Said they're treating people like children and babying them/being too easy on them and they need to grow up. They still blame it for some of my problems today.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), lachrymost, borntosuffer and 1 other person
kiiyaa

kiiyaa

huh?
Sep 10, 2023
yes, every high school i've been to has had a therapist, counselor or behavior tech of some sort. in my freshman year i tried opening up to the counselor when i was very distressed. she promised to keep everything confidential, as long as i wasn't a danger to myself or others. i told her some about my home life and how it made me feel, and how my parents heavily influenced my negative feelings. i left feeling better, and i came home to upset parents. she had told them everything. stuff got worse from there.

• Aww..
Reactions: borntosuffer, snowlance and knydane
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
School therapists, I know for certain don't do shit. When I was in high school, the one I had broke confidentiality so much, I knew some of the other students mental problems and I'm just like I can't trust her since she was one who would say I'm a faker constantly

Reactions: Skathon and lachrymost
Softwind

Softwind

May 22, 2023
I had one. They were nice and tried listening to me, but overall I didn't feel like it helped me much.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
my school didn't have it, wouldn't have mattered anyways let's be honest

snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
yes, every high school i've been to has had a therapist, counselor or behavior tech of some sort. in my freshman year i tried opening up to the counselor when i was very distressed. she promised to keep everything confidential, as long as i wasn't a danger to myself or others. i told her some about my home life and how it made me feel, and how my parents heavily influenced my negative feelings. i left feeling better, and i came home to upset parents. she had told them everything. stuff got worse from there.
Fuckin hell, that's horrible. Did you confront her afterwords and ask why? Maybe you can report her? How are things going now?

Reactions: kiiyaa
borntosuffer

borntosuffer

borne
Sep 11, 2023
It upsets me to hear that the counselor told your parents everything. They're not supposed to do that. So unprofessional.

Reactions: kiiyaa, Seered Doom and snowlance
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
In highschool, mine said public school wasn't for me and that I should just be homeschooled instead. Well I tried that and it didn't work either, so I'm a dropout.

• Wow
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
kiiyaa

kiiyaa

huh?
Sep 10, 2023
Fuckin hell, that's horrible. Did you confront her afterwords and ask why? Maybe you can report her? How are things going now?
no, i didn't confront her, i didn't really think of doing so. i just thought, "why?" honestly, i should have listened to my friends. they had told me before that the counselor was a 50/50, since she had also exposed people i knew as well. i think she had good intentions (hopefully), she just didn't go about it in the right way. things are somewhat better now, i've managed to smooth things over with my parents over time, but i haven't opened up to any kind of professional since then.

• Hugs
Reactions: snowlance and FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I only had access to a psychologist (?) in college. Had a brief talk with her, it was super awkward, and we never spoke again.

I did have a teacher come to my home when I was 6 to help me learn how to deal with my anger issues, if I remember correctly. All I remember is that she was nice and that she had a super-cool digital camera. No idea where she came from though, I don't think she was from my school.

• Love
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
They had a school therapist like the last year of my high school (or at least, I had never heard of it prior to then; I was out of loop enough to where every school I went to could've had one, and I wouldn't have known! rofl). Anyways, I never used it, but I bet it would've been just as useless as the counselors they had! >_<