• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
So, yeah, basically the title: For those here who've been here much longer than I have, have you ever gotten advice from someone here (or elsewhere) about how you could come to terms with ending things and then had that person actually go through with it themselves?

Because, personally, while I know rationally that CTB is the right decision for me, I'm really struggling with coming to terms with it on an emotional level. And I'm looking for advice on how to do that better so I can finally do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: femmedelaville, Kit1, Painfu.Ll.suffering and 4 others
P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
I understand exactly what you mean here.
The only people who truly "come to terms with it" aren't here anymore to confirm.
I'm struggling, too.
I have run out of reasons to be hopeful.
However, I know my debt is small for some people, and if I had been an heir to more than dirt, that I would have no reason to worry about it. then yeah, I would want to live.
I'm only still here due to a weird mix of both fear and hope. But that's just the brain being a liar again, right?
It just doesn't want to die: stupid, scared, little animal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Painfu.Ll.suffering and thewalkingdread
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
So, yeah, basically the title: For those here who've been here much longer than I have, have you ever gotten advice from someone here (or elsewhere) about how you could come to terms with ending things and then had that person actually go through with it themselves?

Because, personally, while I know rationally that CTB is the right decision for me, I'm really struggling with coming to terms with it on an emotional level. And I'm looking for advice on how to do that better so I can finally do it.

I was told once to think about the universe. How small, and insignificant you truly are. How none of this really matters in the end. How your life will be a blip in the totality of what once was.

Some people hear this, and they take it as a reason to live. Some people take it as a reason to go. Neither direction is the "right" way. But, it is the undeniable truth. (unless you are religious I suppose)

Life will move on. It always does.

When I take that perspective, I feel more calm about things.

• Hugs
Reactions: matt1968, rozeske and Kit1
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I was told once to think about the universe. How small, and insignificant you truly are. How none of this really matters in the end. How your life will be a blip in the totality of what once was.

Some people hear this, and they take it as a reason to live. Some people take it as a reason to go. Neither direction is the "right" way. But, it is the undeniable truth. (unless you are religious I suppose)

Life will move on. It always does.

When I take that perspective, I feel more calm about things.
Something like this doesn't really affect me one way or the other.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Im interested in this advice as well. There's a big gap between rational thoughts and emotions. After i disregarded my no. one method this week and i realized that i might be that desperate to do stuff that is "not safe" in my regards and i might not be able to clean up mess and i might even don't care that there are external drives with sensitive data that i would not like to get in the wrong hands (i was a information and documentation freak) i thought I will bring myself in the mood by contemplating that i will do it know.... only then there were these feelings of "but this is so unfair, i was not a bad person and i need to kill myself and they can live a happy life and destroy more lifes and they don't even know what they've done... I haven't even started to enjoy life and know it's already over. What if there is only this one chance at "living"... Then i would like to eat and be able to allow myself and enjoy at least a good meal. "if i had a secure method and feel safe with it i could rest a bit and maybe be able to even get outside or even travel a last time..."

Everything has been so fast, i cant adjust to all the physical problems and then you have to "run against time" because the outside works against self - chosen and - performed deaths...

Before my accident suicide was never in my realm because i had the belief that suicide will eventually lead to me being punished by the universe /god/karma whatever because i am a weak wrong. A mindset shift requires time, and so i hope that i will quickly learn to let go of myself :( and its especially hard because at the same time i learn to acknowledge that i was a talented person and my issues were raised by the consequences of my upbringing/past relations and abuse-blindness.

As my mother ingrained the "always be positive, you are just not doing enough, there are others like you that are not as shitty and weak as you, stop complaining and perform "

i cant grasp my own situation yet ... i was allowed to realize that i am not making stuff up but have been just quite about my pains..

My old psychotherapist said during the second session "i cant and don't even want to imagine that"... And i am just about to understand that most people see it like that...

I would like to be at peace when I die. There is just so much stuff in between. If you're forced to do suicide with fear in mind, that you could be trapped in an even more horrible situation .. Because youre not getting help to end the strong body that wants to live, but they made dysfunctional to begin with ...

I need a mindset shift "you dont have to forgive everyone to be at peace"...

Im really interested about what others (especially "externally depressed" people) think to be potentially in the way šŸ˜… or what helped to reach their "readiness"...

Sorry for my long monologue...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
One thing I have realised only recently in the last 6 months or so is that lots of us say we want to CTB but not many really do.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, debatable I guess.

I think my main observation has been that people who actually want to CTB and carry it our take action. They keep quiet about it, get the method sorted and just get it over with.

How they overcome that last bit of SI we can never know.

I guess it's only once we cross the line we will know, but then we cannot share the message.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023
I wonder how much personality type plays a role in this.

Extroverts tend to be more impulsive. I have a neurotic personality, and as a result am very anxious and not at all impulsive.

I think you can still ctb with a neurotic personality, but it will probably be when life circumstances become so bad, that ctb truly becomes your only option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and matt1968
M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
I wonder how much personality type plays a role in this.

Extroverts tend to be more impulsive. I have a neurotic personality, and as a result am very anxious and not at all impulsive.

I think you can still ctb with a neurotic personality, but it will probably be when life circumstances become so bad, that ctb truly becomes your only option.
I think it's a lot about personality type.